False Accusations and Slander in general

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 4:15 pm

Does it provide some sort of sadistic pleasure to people to slander and falsely accuse others? Do they like causing people to have troubles for actions they did not do and words they did not say? I've seen this over and over throughout my life, not just this year with some pests seeking to annoy. At Wal-Mart I had lost my job due to some jerk claiming that I had made some sort of threat or another. As a kid, when other kids wanted to get rid of me they'd lie about me and say that I 'said a bad word' or some other junk like that. As a kid I had beaten another kid in a game of Pong, that old Atari game, and so this brat being frustrated at having lost tattles to his mother that "he beat me!" and not providing the context that reflected reality. Is it just a means to an end of getting rid of people that one has decided they don't like and yet do not have a strong enough justification for others to care and so they invent their own? Is that it? And what of the whiny brats this year? I mean, seriously, so much time and effort spent on harassing me? What the heck is your motivation? I wish humanity as a whole were so motivated to get out into space... we'd have colonies on freaking Pluto by now! And today, a customer at my wife's work falsely accused her of pushing her brat and now my wife is being fired due to such slanderers and manipulators. What gives? Seriously! What from Hell is wrong with you people????! !!

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 4:46 pm

I hate it when people slander other people. One of my friends used to get in trouble in school all the time for stupid reasons and things that he didn't do. Mainly because the teacher hated him and enjoyed harassing him. But he eventually got fed up with it and got revenge on the teacher by kicking a dent in her car door when no one was around and doing many other things to harass her. He just kept getting more and more angry at the world and doing worse things. He recently tried to break someone's nose in high school because they called him a bad name. Since then he has gotten more involved with crime and he will do anything to make money while completely disregarding the rights of other people. Slander and harassment do bad things to people and sometimes turn them into criminals when it happens to them often.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 4:50 pm

Those who would have you believe the atrocious, would have you commit atrocities - Voltaire

haters gonna Hate

:?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 5:12 pm

Mike1 wrote:
Slander and harassment do bad things to people and sometimes turn them into criminals when it happens to them often.

I can really understand how that works, more and more. Seeing the sordidness of humanity in action against oneself is enough to drive one to madness. I much rather leave this world than become a criminal though.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:30 pm

Good news for once today: the coward who attempted to backstab my wife with her slander accepted my wife's required apology and forgave her in front of a witness, so now my wife isn't being fired but only suspended for the next three days in order to appease the coward who said they forgive my wife for their false accusation of pushing their brat.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:34 pm

I just hate this behavior. Why? Just why?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:37 pm

I wish I had advice to give or the confidence to say they'll get theirs, but all I can really say is that if you show restraint it's more likely that you won't do something you'll end up regretting. Stick to your principles and stay strong, Keet.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 9:29 pm

I love spreading lies about people.

For example: Lecks raped me last week.

Heh, just kidding.

It was at least a month ago.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 9:39 pm

I find it confusing more than anything, so I probably underuse it as a weapon. I struggle with the notion of someone believing something that isn't true. Being told something and believing it without working it out for themselves. But that's the nonautistic way.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 6:09 am

Lecks wrote:
I wish I had advice to give or the confidence to say they'll get theirs, but all I can really say is that if you show restraint it's more likely that you won't do something you'll end up regretting. Stick to your principles and stay strong, Keet.

Thanks, that's actually good advice. As more and more people keep doing this, it does become more difficult not to want vengeance just so that I can finally see justice rather than these people getting their way, but then I remember that vengeance belongs to God and Psalm 94, so even when people make it nearly impossible to keep forgiving them (while they are still providing such reasons) it's good to think in such terms for me and then forgive them when the situation has cooled down and they aren't still adding more to the "to be forgiven" heap.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 6:27 am

I've had that sort of thing happen to me so much (and still do). I used to get really angry and defensive about it, but now I just figure that people are gonna say whatever they want to, and that a lot of that crap is due to either jealousy (envy) or ignorance. I can't change what other people are gonna think or say, so I'm just gonna be me and live my life regardless.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 6:28 am

Jory wrote:
For example: Lecks raped me last week.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVoC6-01-UI[/youtube]

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 6:28 am

I can't stand this kind of thing!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 6:34 am

I'm also bothered by this sort of thing. Why can't people just be honest, instead of trying to get innocent people in trouble?

theimperiousdork
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 6:38 am

I am so sorry, 'Keet, to what happened to you and your wife. That surely was a highly unpleasant experience for you two. If I were in your shoes, I would definitely be frustrated myself. Yes, I agree. I don't understand why some people would resort to such a level and get other people in trouble just for their own amusement.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 6:39 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm also bothered by this sort of thing. Why can't people just be honest, instead of trying to get innocent people in trouble?

Yes, exactly. If someone ever did that to me, I would never speak to them again!