Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 1:50 pm

DaWalker wrote:
gives a knew meaning to the Icon ( :cyclops: )

i was just trying to come up with a caption, for real!! ! all i can think of is "GAK" :eew:

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 1:54 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
DaWalker wrote:
gives a knew meaning to the Icon ( :cyclops: )

i was just trying to come up with a caption, for real!! ! all i can think of is "GAK" :eew:

OK - so we need an animated merge of :cyclopsani: & :eew:
:lol:

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 1:58 pm

Now I'm going to hijack this thread to talk about cones.

Now first of all you have the lovely ones who sit by the roadside and let you hug them. These ones would rather hide in telephone boxes than seek confrontation.
But then you have some cones who are just a nasty piece of work and try to attack your feet. There have been many cases of people tripping up as a cone hangs on to their foot, trying to consume it. It wasn't pretty.

There we are, the Thread Hijaker's Thread has been Hijacked :)

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 2:00 pm

have you seen this ten pence?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ugug2rKCpY[/youtube]

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

I never knew that cones were flame-proof :idea:

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 3:04 pm

I shall now hijack your thread with a discussion of interstellar war:

With only subluminal travel possible currently and no form of communication faster than light, a war between star systems would be much like a game of chess or naval warfare prior to the invention of radio. Any communications, via laser or other radiation emissions, would be able to travel faster than any fleets, but it would still take years for any communication to be received one way. A fleet of warships headed to a destination 5 light years away and capable of traveling at 1/5 the speed of light would take 25 years to reach there (the relativistic effects would be insignificant at .2c) and messages only could be received prior to arrival if sent before the last five years of the journey. Once at the destination, such a fleet - if it needed to send a message and wait for orders - would have ten years to wait for a reply. In such a case, protocols for situations would need to be completely established for any foreseeable scenario.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 3:29 pm

TenPencePiece wrote:

Now first of all you have the lovely ones who sit by the roadside and let you hug them. These ones would rather hide in telephone boxes than seek confrontation.
But then you have some cones who are just a nasty piece of work and try to attack your feet. There have been many cases of people tripping up as a cone hangs on to their foot, trying to consume it. It wasn't pretty.

i keep taking photos of cones then i don't post them because i'm actually afraid you'll think i'm daft, taking pictures for your special interest lol. didja know you can buy these teeny tiny construction kits for your desk that have traffic cones in them?

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/the-min ... 29801.aspx

and your post made me giggle!

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 3:40 pm

TenPencePiece wrote:

BTW
Happy Birthday / Anniversary
My special interest right now is Fire Extinguishers
I keep thinking the pages are going to catch on fire :lol:

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 3:56 pm

DaWalker wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
TenPencePiece wrote:
No not quite, DaWalker - this is for people who talk about something else that the OP didn't intend, or so I believe - The Threadkillers' Society is for those who are always the last to post in threads.

Exactly, the threadkillers did serve as my inspiration though.

:cyclopsani:

LOOK - I Am Just Saying

It's knot like I would even consider the possibility hijacking a Thread

BTW - Do you have a copy of, or a link to some of your photoshop / gimp / paintshop / quark / illustrator, ect. work ?

Not yet, it's saved on a DVD at school, which I don't have right now.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 4:04 pm

I've hijacked a couple of threads by talking about my interest in Tim Burton movies. Some people don't seem to like it when I talk about My Little Pony, so I guess I'll hijack this one by talking about my interest in anime:

Lately I have been watching an anime called Hetalia. Its title is a portmanteau of the words "hetare" (meaning "useless" in Japanese) and "Italia" (meaning "Italy" in Italian). The basic premise is that all of the countries that played a part in WWII (plus a bunch of others) are personified as cute guys. There is no action and the ugly parts of WWII are completely left out - the story is just about the cute nation-guys doing random stuff and acting stereotypical. According to TV Tropes, the fandom is divided as to whether the English dub sucks or not, because like the anime Shin-Chan, a lot of lines were changed and more adult jokes were written into it. I personally think that the English dub is a lot funnier than the Japanese one, and I welcome the risque humor. My favorite nations are America, Britain, Russia, China and Italy.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 4:59 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I've hijacked a couple of threads by talking about my interest in Tim Burton movies. Some people don't seem to like it when I talk about My Little Pony, so I guess I'll hijack this one by talking about my interest in anime:

Lately I have been watching an anime called Hetalia. Its title is a portmanteau of the words "hetare" (meaning "useless" in Japanese) and "Italia" (meaning "Italy" in Italian). The basic premise is that all of the countries that played a part in WWII (plus a bunch of others) are personified as cute guys. There is no action and the ugly parts of WWII are completely left out - the story is just about the cute nation-guys doing random stuff and acting stereotypical. According to TV Tropes, the fandom is divided as to whether the English dub sucks or not, because like the anime Shin-Chan, a lot of lines were changed and more adult jokes were written into it. I personally think that the English dub is a lot funnier than the Japanese one, and I welcome the risque humor. My favorite nations are America, Britain, Russia, China and Italy.

I prefer ponies, in fact I demand ponies.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 6:24 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
DaWalker wrote:

this photo makes me feel ill.

Same here. Uck. :eew:

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 6:30 pm

Dear Da Walker, Exactly how did you discover that cones are flame-retardant? You weren't actually trying to...Oh, TenPencePiece shall hear about this outrage!! He knows where to find cones with commando training, and he will give them your address! He has posted pictures of their secret Commando-Cone Training Facility, you know. I hope they bite your toes off....Sylkat :twisted:

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 6:32 pm

As far as thread hijacking, when there's a part of the thread that triggers an interest I end up having a flood of stuff to write come into my head (as opposed to my normal, very small amount of stuff to type). I guess it's basically the same as monologuing. I try to resist, but sometimes resistance is futile...

So, guilty.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 6:39 pm

Dear Apple_In_My_Eye, Me, too. Sylkat

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 6:48 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Dear Da Walker, Exactly how did you discover that cones are flame-retardant? You weren't actually trying to...Oh, TenPencePiece shall hear about this outrage!! He knows where to find cones with commando training, and he will give them your address! He has posted pictures of their secret Commando-Cone Training Facility, you know. I hope they bite your toes off....Sylkat :twisted:

Dear SlyKat, don't tell him, but his cone is on Fire 8O