One of my special interests gained 4,077 lbs last night...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Dec 2011, 12:30 pm

I've been obsessed with (the hated by many people) General Motors Diesel cars of the late 1970s and early 1980s since they were new, and have been buying them when I can find one in good shape. I found this super-clean, low mile 1983 Seville 5.7 Diesel on Craigslist, and couldn't resist it. Problem is, I don't sell one when I get a better one 8O . So now, I have two Cadillac Diesels, a Buick Diesel, and those serve to compound my other special interest with Toyota Diesels. The thing is, I already have accumulated one each in excellent shape, of all models of Toyota sold in the USA with a Diesel engine. Following that pattern, I'm scared I'll wind up with a dozen more GM Diesels 8O . I hope they all disappear from the market first, as I can't resist. At least this one I drove home last night UNDER IT'S OWN POWER. Others have had to be delivered non-running, but I've managed to get them all in clean, excellent driveable condition while having fun working on them. I'm out of garages! I'll have to sell something in order to make room indoors for this car... I will not let it sit outside.

This one needs some soap and some electronic troubleshooting, but it's pretty much ready to go to the West Coast GM national car show next spring, otherwise :D .

Charles

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 5:50 pm

That's a very nice car. I had a friend who's mum drove one. :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:34 pm

That is cool! Although when I saw the number 4,077, I thought it was going to be a M*A*S*H reference.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 11:15 pm

Congratulations, your a less famous Jay Leno :lol: