TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2011, 8:18 pm

They look good on you. :)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

31 Dec 2011, 8:21 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
They look good on you. :)

Thanks. 8)

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2011, 8:22 pm

You can see my nerd glasses in the picture I posted on the last page. You can't tell in pictures, but they're marble brown, like a librarian's. :lol:

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2011, 9:59 pm

People keep talking about "nerd glasses" I have no idea what you mean, those glasses are damned cool.

This is what I think of when people say nerd glasses. I also think of mustard but that's probably not related.

kurai
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jan 2012, 8:52 am

i always wear black, black and black (and yes for some kind of "goth reasons"). except of my nails, which i paint in every possible color and my headphones who tend to be pink or purple or some other bright color.
and i always carry my ray ban aviator with me. like to have a wayfarer too.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 8:56 am

Linen trousers, a silver bracelet and small pearl pendant.

Fullofstars
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 6:18 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I have two, actually. One is black with a black buckle and the other is gray with a silver buckle. They both say Billabong, though.

Here... you can kinda see it in this picture.

I have a picture of the black one, too, but you can't really see the buckle.

Please don't take this the wrong way: usually you post photos of your face only, and usually you're scowling. I know it's an aspie thing, but most people will back off when they see a scowl. Now that I've seen you in form fitting clothing... I see why you get hit on all the time. Yeah. You're hot.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

Thanks. :oops:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 6:32 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

rawr

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 9:48 pm

Vigilans wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
[img]http://gp1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/802892/production_public/Photo/6650308/image/1312759907_prinsen061web.jpg[/img

rawr

i took off my cape for that picture. i felt naked without it. :oops:

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 9:52 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
[img]http://gp1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/802892/production_public/Photo/6650308/image/1312759907_prinsen061web.jpg[/img

rawr

i took off my cape for that picture. i felt naked without it. :oops:

mmhmmm...

Miharu
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2012, 9:17 am

hyperlexian wrote:

You're so pretty! You look like a pin up girl

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

Miharu wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

You're so pretty! You look like a pin up girl

hey thank you!! !! my friend is a professional photographer.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 7:34 am

I've worn black almost exclusively for years, not out of any goth or religious thing, but simply because it's the best color on me. I made the very Aspie-ish calculation that as black was the best for me, why would I ever wear something that was second or third best when I could just go with black? I've started to branch our lately for variety's sake, but I still do wear an awful lot of black.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 8:00 am

Thinking about this a bit more, I do have a few other signature items that I rotate through.

In the winter I almost always wear three quarter or full length coats, I have a leather trench, a canvas duster, a shearling coat and a variety of topcoats that I like.

My shoes are a bit odd too, I prefer boots but wear a beater pair of sneakers for work, but not ordinary sneakers. Mine are Wolverine workshoes, they're non-slip, chemical resistant and have a steel toe, but look like just another low-top sneaker. They're my favorite low-profile self defense tool, they're like brass knuckles for my feet, and I've taken enough muay thai to take full advantage of that. Boot-wise, I wear either square-toed harness boots or black pointed toe cowboys with a bulldogger heel and silver appointments. The cowboys are a bit fancy, but as I'm no working rider or anything I kind of like the ostentatious touch.

I've always got a folding knife clipped into my right front pocket, regardless of my attire. I was just out in a Brooks Brothers suit for a nice New Year's dinner and show, and the knife was still there clipped into my suit pocket. My usual is a Cold Steel Ti-Lite, which looks like a 1950's picklock switchblade, but is actually even quicker because you can drag the quillion against the edge of your pocket as you draw it to open the blade.

I have a lot of hats, the one I wear most often is a flat black Kangol cap, but I also wear a bowler, a porkpie, a Homberg, or a white Panama fedora. I'm looking to add a low topper to the mix, maybe a deerstalker too for the winter.

I don't often wear a watch, but when I do it's a black titanium Skagen number that's paper thin. I have a nicer Bulova autowinder, but it's both heavy and bulky.

I prefer carpenter jeans when it comes to pants these days, preferably in black again. I like the extra pockets low on the leg, I use one to hold my cellphone and another to hold a cigar case. I also like the hammer loop, though in my case it's more likely to be holding a set of calipers or a brass headed mallet.

I also have a growing collection of gun shaped belt buckles, I try and find ones that are actually guns I own, and then coordinate my carry guns with the buckles. My old coworkers actually knew about that one, and thought it was pretty funny that they could look at my buckle and be like "oh, he's got the .45 today". My life can be odd like that.

I also have some pistol cufflinks, though just one set and not of anything I own. I picked those up at an estate sale and haven't come across any others like them. I have a lot of cufflinks now that I think of it, when I do dress up I prefer french cuffs for the extra opportunity to personalize my look. I got a box of mens accessories for Christmas a few years back that was full of cufflinks, tie tacks, money clips and lapel pins, many of them law enforcement related. Ironically enough considering my interests and politics, I have a complete set of ATF cufflinks, a tie tack, a lapel pin badge and a money clip, all with a miniature ATF agent's seal and motto on them. I always imagine the mischief I could cause if I wore those to the gun show one of these days... :lol: