Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 8:08 am

forget it was 2012

identity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 8:36 am

Tried to get back to sleep after being woken up by fireworks.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 8:49 am

Hugged and kissed my friend...
...on the cheek. She's a girl. :)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 9:28 am

i did not want to go to see the fireworks on sydney harbor, because last time i did that, i was hassled and set upon by drunken young men who did not like my eccentric responses to their drunken cheery (at first) statements like "dude!! ! have a 'mazin new year".

they stank of alcohol and body odor.

their cheer was a very thin veneer because when i replied "yes i will thankyou", they became immediately hostile, and one fellow put his arm around my neck and mockingly repeated what i said in an exaggerated way. then he said "yes thankyou sir, sorry sir, 3 bags full sir" and i did not understand him so i said "indeed".

then he said "you're pretty dumb my friend if you don't mind me sayin'", and i tried to get is arm off me, and then he got me in a headlock and i threw him off and .....etc.
i will not go there again to see the fireworks.

so...last night i was playing age of empires "the conquerors" (again (because i like it even though it is old)), and at 11:25 pm i noticed the time, and i set my alarm clock to 11:55 pm, and i went back to playing the game.

tammy and her family was in dubbo (a rural town) to spend the night with tammy's sister, so i was by myself.

i live about 12 miles from the harbor and i wanted to imagine that the city was being hit by a meteorite shower. i can not see the fireworks directly from my verandah, but i can see the sky light up as if small meteorites were impacting slightly over the horizon.

the thing about sydneys fireworks is that they are so loud they sound like bombs, and i like loud sounds as long as i am braced for them.

once i had a dream that i witnessed a catastrophic asteroid impact about 4,000 miles away, and the sky lit up like it was day time, and i waited for the inevitable sound wave that blew me and my house away about 10 minutes later. i was fascinated by that dream, and i hoped that the fireworks last night would let me imagine a smaller event in the same vein.

when the alarm clock went off, i silenced it and i turned all the lights off and went out onto the verandah at 12:00 am, and i watched the sky light up and waited for the sound of the "booms".

unfortunately, some idiots a few streets away let off their own fire crackers which drowned out the experience and ruined my imaginary scenario.

then i went back inside after it was over, and i had previously paused the game just before a hurled trebuchet ball hit me, and when i unpaused the game i was immediately killed. i thought "hmmm. a great start to the year!".

then i reloaded the last save and played for another 2 hours before i got tired and then i posted here and then i went to bed and i got in it and went to sleep.

AlienRed
Raven
Raven

01 Jan 2012, 9:34 am

Hug my mates

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 9:35 am

Drew a picture of myself as a robot, then in a dress.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 9:54 am

Said Happy New Year!

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 10:12 am

Woke up at 12:01 to the sound of fireworks.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 10:15 am

b9 wrote:
their cheer was a very thin veneer because when i replied "yes i will thankyou", they became immediately hostile

They were expecting you to reciprocate their well-wishing. Instead of saying thankyou, wish them a happy new year back, otherwise it seems like a veiled insult. Yes, NTs are complex creatures.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 10:33 am

Burzum wrote:
b9 wrote:
their cheer was a very thin veneer because when i replied "yes i will thankyou", they became immediately hostile

They were expecting you to reciprocate their well-wishing. Instead of saying thankyou, wish them a happy new year back, otherwise it seems like a veiled insult. Yes, NTs are complex creatures.

that is life in the "big smoke".

PM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 10:55 am

Wished a few Facebook friends a happy new year and watched a recorded episode of NCIS.

Miharu
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jan 2012, 11:06 am

At midnight, standing in my room in the dark, gazing out the window watching the fireworks. Went downstairs, gave my mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and wished her a happy new year. Then we ate pratically melted ice cream cake, watched tv and drank tea. :p

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 3:13 pm

TenPencePiece wrote:
I think I posted here at about 00:00:02, which was the first post on WP in the new year ;)

Somebody in a time zone east of you would have claim to that. Likely somebody in Asia, Australasia, or new Zealand.
You at least have that title for your time zone.
I did it for my time zone, but already most of the world had passed into 2012 before me.

Diagnosed in 2005

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 3:22 pm

^ Ah, but it wasn't only midnight my time, but midnight Universal Time, too ;)

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 3:22 pm

Wished my husband 'Happy New Year', with a kiss, drank some apple juice, ate a cookie, watched the end of 'Scotland's Greatest Album' on TV (Baker Street was No.1).

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

In any case, after posting I watched the firework display in London on the television and then I can't remember what next