Do you also really loathe the way time progresses?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 4:50 pm

Like I'm sitting here in front of my computer all day doing nothing but lurking around on the net and listening to music and I still think time passes like a f*****g F-16. When I have to go to bed, it's HELL, I don't want to, heck I don't feel tired, I keep surfing around on the net, listening to music heck I don't need to go to f*****g bed and before you know it's almost morning and you haven't slept a second, ugh I really hate that. People say like a day is long and you have plenty time to do stuff, but to me, what a day is for me is like an hour for other people. Just all passes at lightspeed, whatever you do, wherever you go, you always lack time, you always want the day to be longer. I'm really having too much fun in the evening to go to bed. I dunno how I can stop it, it's like I look at the clock now it's 22:46, I look 5 minutes later, it's 23:40. Drives me crazy. I feel like I'm on marijuana all day, when I'm clearly not. I've been told numberous times before that it's a mental problem in me.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 4:58 pm

It can go either way for me. Time can seem like it's going by really fast, and I feel like there's no time to do anything. Or it the hours and minutes can just drag by so slowly it is torturous.

I don't know how most people do all the things they talk about doing in one day. I can only do a few activities and then I'm usually pretty much wiped out.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 5:02 pm

Ordinary Objective Time passes at the rate of one second per second in your local frame of reference. Your perception of the accelerated rate is subjective and likely would not be noted if you were doing anything other than grazing the Internet and playing games.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 5:03 pm

(Thread moved from Autism discussion to Random)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 5:06 pm

I feel that time passes a little to quickly for me on most days. I wish that there were more hours in the day.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 5:07 pm

It is not the time we have, but what we do with our time that determines the worth of our lives.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 5:08 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I feel that time passes a little to quickly for me on most days. I wish that there were more hours in the day.

Well, someday maybe you can try a planet with a longer day :P

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 5:12 pm

For me time tends to more contradictory to what I want. When I'm at work or being bored to tears at university time almost comes to a stop, but when I'm doing something I love like my art, guitar or gaming it just zooms by. entire 6 hour blocks just fly by. Time doesn't like me, perhaps I angered it.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 6:45 pm

XX

Last edited by purchase on 18 Jan 2012, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 8:15 pm

has happened to me also. I dont have school, s**t i need to get a turgas chill pad for my laptop.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 4:05 am

Uprising wrote:
Like I'm sitting here in front of my computer all day doing nothing but lurking around on the net and listening to music and I still think time passes like a f***ing F-16. When I have to go to bed, it's HELL, I don't want to, heck I don't feel tired, I keep surfing around on the net, listening to music heck I don't need to go to f***ing bed and before you know it's almost morning and you haven't slept a second, ugh I really hate that. People say like a day is long and you have plenty time to do stuff, but to me, what a day is for me is like an hour for other people. Just all passes at lightspeed, whatever you do, wherever you go, you always lack time, you always want the day to be longer. I'm really having too much fun in the evening to go to bed. I dunno how I can stop it, it's like I look at the clock now it's 22:46, I look 5 minutes later, it's 23:40. Drives me crazy. I feel like I'm on marijuana all day, when I'm clearly not. I've been told numberous times before that it's a mental problem in me.

I have a similar perception of how time passes, but not quite so extreme. I partly came to terms with it by trying not to view time as something that 'passes' at all, not to place too much significance on the dials of the clock ticking away, or the numbers on my digital alarm progressing. Instead, I decided I should look at it like it is: we're all on a big spherical rock spinning around the sun, and spinning around its own axis. It's like a merry-go-round, and your mother is standing in front of it, watching it. When it's day, it's like the time you can see your mother- when it's night it's when she's out of view. The next day or the previous day, to me, are not necessarily indications of 'time' as a linear quantity, but rather shifts in position of the Earth relative to the sun: and how all objects on the Earth itself have shifted independently from that movement in the meantime.

That being said, night becomes an interlude in my perception, because you have to sleep sometime to rest your body, and for many, night is ideal for that. I try not to view going to sleep as an end of my day, but rather as an intermission -one of many intermissions- in the entirety of my life.

I may post more thoughts on this later; I haven't finished, but for some reason I'm drained now.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 4:07 am

Yeah, I end up working extra hard the next day