Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 11:16 pm

There Tooooo Many passwords, I can forget my passwords, I keep forgetting my password for Twitter. Does anyone have trouble with their passwords or usernames?

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

16 Nov 2015, 12:56 am

I have a heap of passwords for a lot of different sites, all long and complicated. I couldn't remember a handful of them even if I tried.

They generally look like this: F@O5cg_9S2)fT!Z

But I use a Password Manager, logs me in automatically and stores all my login information for all websites. Easy, simple, safe.

I personally use Dashlane, but there are many other good alternatives out there, both free (less secure) and paid (more secure). Below are two good articles from PCMag comparing different Password Managers, paid and free.

The Best Password Managers for 2015
The Best Free Password Managers for 2015

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 11:09 pm

There is last pass that you can use to remember your passwords for you https://lastpass.com/

I personally use about 4 passwords. I use weaker and shorter ones for all the accounts that don't matter to me. I use longer 17 digit passwords for accounts that need to be secure, and have upper and lower case letters and symbols. I see no need to have 100's of different passwords. My most important are my email accounts, and they have 2 step password verfication.

I've come across a pretty easy and secure way to make passwords. Just make the password into a sentence.

example: mydogSuzyis110%cute! Really easy to come up with, really secure, safe against brute force, and easy to remember.