Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kobi_galon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2012, 9:55 am

I like children. Most kids I know are much better than most people my age (20's). I mean, I find it easier to interact and to talk to children, once you know them well.

And about childism, well, I think there are adults who think and do like that, unfortunatelly, but in many situations they are just trying to 'protect' their children, and that's why they don't let them take their own decisions, etc.

"A man is as free as he chooses to make himself, never an atom freer"

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 11:06 am

I don't like kids. I don't like adults either.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

16 Jan 2012, 10:36 pm

I like children (given that I am currently in the middle of adolescence). Younger children have a large amount of curiosity, and I find it fascinating.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 10:43 pm

After reading through this thread, I've come to one conclusion:

I don't hate children. I hate bad parents.

Niniel
Raven
Raven

17 Jan 2012, 12:36 am

I like my own kids, but not others. I just don't know how to interact with them. I suppose I am supposed to make cute faces and stuff to babies etc., but that is not going to happen. :roll:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Jan 2012, 6:26 am

SammichEater wrote:
After reading through this thread, I've come to one conclusion:

I don't hate children. I hate bad parents.

+1

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 7:45 am

I really dislike kids. They're noisy, hyper, and very VERY annoying. I can tolerate teenagers most of the time they're chill, but kids are horrible. I'm glad I decided to never have any.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 5:08 pm

I don't mind children if I get to know them. In fact I can be quite good with them. But otherwise, just random children can agitate me.

Babies are sweet because when they cry they're just crying for a purpose, and they're too young to know how to be naughty

Toddlers are worse than babies because a lot of toddlers I see about are so miserable and are always quick to start whining and yelling and bawling at silly little things, and everyone else around has to endure the world's worst sound

Children are OK when there's just one on their own (with an adult), but when there's more than one child, they sometimes start mucking about. Not all the time, so I can actually live with children of primary school age

Teenagers are worse than children. They are actually more immature than children, and they go through a stupid phase of judging everyone and everything, and act like smart-arses. Teenage boys and teenage girls are very different from eachother too - boys are still playful, but girls just get really bitchy. Probably because girls go through puberty earlier than boys and aren't so playful, but still aren't ready to be an adult so they turn very unpredictable

readingbetweenlines
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 12:22 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
I really like them.
*notices that both of the people who claim to dislike them are Male. tehehe*

You seem to be looking for a female who's not keen on kids. Here I am.

No child seems ever to be able to do something wrong these days, they're all "great kids" (or so their parents think), however annoying or unhelpful their behaviour. Their every utterance that comes out of their mouth is greeted as if it's worth the Nobel prize. A generation of indulged narcissists is being raised, incapable of dealing with the slightest frustration, let alone the word "no". Good luck to us all.[/rant]

kobi_galon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2012, 12:52 pm

readingbetweenlines wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:
I really like them.
*notices that both of the people who claim to dislike them are Male. tehehe*

You seem to be looking for a female who's not keen on kids. Here I am.

No child seems ever to be able to do something wrong these days, they're all "great kids" (or so their parents think), however annoying or unhelpful their behaviour. Their every utterance that comes out of their mouth is greeted as if it's worth the Nobel prize. A generation of indulged narcissists is being raised, incapable of dealing with the slightest frustration, let alone the word "no". Good luck to us all.[/rant]

Yes, I think I agree with this. This is what we see happening everywhere. The problem, then, is not children themselves, but their parents, who doesn't know how to deal with them and to establish limits.

So, I think I hate bad parents too. :)

"A man is as free as he chooses to make himself, never an atom freer"

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 1:53 pm

I HATE kids. They're noisy, they're annoying, they're smelly, they're expensive. I prefer pets. More loving, more reliable, more cute.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 2:52 pm

I am terrible with children, and I prefer to put as much distance between them and me. Preferably with a couple of locked doors in between.
By nature, I am a nurturing and responsible adult, but I have practically zero patience and I can't provide understanding and 'love', whatever this may mean. OK, I may cook for you and take care of the cleaning and the washing, and I like teaching people new skills, but I get tired of human interaction very easily and you can't switch the child off when your own battery starts flickering, can you? I don't exactly have the sense of humour needed to interact with most people on a daily basis, let alone children. What is more, I look upon human conversation primarily as a source of useful information, and with children you can't have that.
All in all, I might be able to provide for a child, but I don't think I can do the care without getting burned out really quickly.