Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 12:13 pm

I just realized a major problem I have, the inability to commit to a path.
I am subconsciously sabotaging myself due to my phobia of going too deep down the wrong path, and as a result I have become completely static.
There is more than one path to happiness, and more than one definition of success. Further, these are each different for every individual. On every path there will be others to share it with who are on a similar one, and those on other paths will be intrigued by your lifestyle.
The definition of being a success is being perceived as one by yourself and others. In order for others to view you as a success you must first believe yourself to be one, and in order to view yourself as a success you must prove it to yourself by achieving real accomplishments.
Ultimately you just need to believe in yourself.
This is my pledge; I now know my path, and I here on commit to it whole-heartedly.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

Subotai wrote:
The definition of being a success is being perceived as one by yourself and others.

Which is why that Van Gogh bloke never amounted to anything. :wink:

The year is still young.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 1:28 pm

I've started down my own path to success a few years ago before my 35th birthday. I had a goal to get myself and my life straightened out by than. I'm now thinking about getting my craft business going again, selling loom knitted balls and neck pillows. I just have to find places around the area that I live that will sell loom knitted balls and neck pillows. If push comes to shove and my crafts don't sell, I'll get myself a job at Tim Horton's and make my $500 a month now that I look presentable.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Jan 2012, 7:13 am

I'm incapable of choosing a path on my own due to a history of making the wrong choices & decisions & my OCD. I kind of drift & kind of let others take the lead till something comes my way & is rite in front of me & then I try my best to walk that path. Things go a lot smoother & better for me & my family this way. One of the reasons I want & need a girlfriend/wife/partner is so I will have someone else to kind of help steer me on a path or I could steer myself by looking at how things affect her. it also helps me feel less scared to pick & walk a path if I'm able to discuss it & analyze it 1st with someone & then knowing that she will be there to help me if I stumble makes me more confident.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 7:42 am

As a child, I never had a clue of what I wanted to work as. Even when I was studying for my biology degree, I still didn't know what I actually wanted to do. I sabotaged any chance I had of working as a biologist and ended up in an admin job. I'd made the wrong choice and should have gone to art school instead, but I was swayed by other people saying that art was good as a hobby, not a job. Even now, I'm still thinking, 'What if the art doesn't work out; I need a backup plan.' So instead of just putting all my efforts into my art, I've been looking at Open Universtity courses.

That's it. The decision has been made. No more thinking of the 'just in case' scenario. I'm not getting anywhere fast with that sort of attittude. 8)