ATTENTION ALL ASPIES!! !! !! !! !!

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

Never do this: Carefully and sympathetically listen to the weaknesses of another and then, when you're pissed at them, throw them up in their face. You're really looking to get beat up really F'n bad! Every aspie I know does this to me. Instead of focusing on the issues of our disagreement, I have to hear everything that is WRONG with ME for a half an hour before even discussing the issue at hand!! Some aspies are SOOOO perfect. :P If you too do this to somebody, don't be surprised if you need a damned ambulance!! NOBODY'S going to take that crap for long!! !! !! !! !! !! !!

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm

Okay!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 7:37 pm

That is annoying when people lecture others about their faults and failures.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 7:51 pm

When I come to people for support, I'm looking for support and I don't need people pointing out my faults to me. I need support and WP is my only support network, next to me two closest friends.

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 8:04 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Never do this: Carefully and sympathetically listen to the weaknesses of another and then, when you're pissed at them, throw them up in their face. You're really looking to get beat up really F'n bad! Every aspie I know does this to me. Instead of focusing on the issues of our disagreement, I have to hear everything that is WRONG with ME for a half an hour before even discussing the issue at hand!! Some aspies are SOOOO perfect. :P If you too do this to somebody, don't be surprised if you need a damned ambulance!! NOBODY'S going to take that crap for long!! !! !! !! !! !! !!

thats something that NT people do... dont try to blame that crap on aspergers... Its called fighting dirty and it's pretty much what you are doing right this moment.

I get that someone just pissed you off, but when it comes down to it, you are using some aspect of someone upsetting you to blame everyone here for a behavior that you are copying...

your violent comments are unacceptable, even if this is your version of a melt down and you are "aspie" yourself. Bad behavior like that is no excuse no matter if you are ASD or NT...

calm down, be realistic, and think about what you just said for a moment

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 8:12 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
If you too do this to somebody, don't be surprised if you need a damned ambulance!!

If you do that to somebody don't be surprised if you end up in jail.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 8:16 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:

You'll get over it.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 9:09 pm

infinitenull wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:

thats something that NT people do... dont try to blame that crap on aspergers... Its called fighting dirty and it's pretty much what you are doing right this moment.

I get that someone just pissed you off, but when it comes down to it, you are using some aspect of someone upsetting you to blame everyone here for a behavior that you are copying...

your violent comments are unacceptable, even if this is your version of a melt down and you are "aspie" yourself. Bad behavior like that is no excuse no matter if you are ASD or NT...

calm down, be realistic, and think about what you just said for a moment

I agree.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 9:43 pm

I never behave that way, because I know how it feels to take the brunt of having somebody throw my problems up in my face. My mum did that to me as a teenager, thinking she could cure me that way. All it did was hurt me and make me not want to talk to her about my problems. I don't treat people that way, because it hurts the person who's on the receiving end and I don't want to do that to anybody. Blanket terms are dangerous. I come for support as well, and I expect to be treated well. I'm sensitive and though I may feel like the OP at times, I take a couple minutes to cry my feelings out and than I take a 2 hour break and come back. We all deal with things differently. If people need a soft spot to fall on, The Haven would be a good place to post about your problems. This site also has over 60,000 members which about 300 are active. That's 300 different people who have 300 different opinions, 300 different sets of special interests, likes and dislikes, 300 different ways of dealing with things and 300 different ways of relating to others. Some members like to use logic and other members like to comfort people. I prefer to comfort people and if I can't comfort someone or relate to what they're going through, I wish them luck or I bite my tongue and don't say anything. Another member might use logic as a way of getting the OP out of a slump. There are members who might not realize how sensitive another person out, but it gets worked out in the end. There are a few bad apples who like to attack people, but I've learned to ignore them over the past 14 months. If people are really attacking you, it's best to ignore them and do something that makes you happy. If you feel that you're being attacked, you can send them a message. There are also Moderators who can help you. It's better to contact a moderator, than it is to fly off the handle.

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 10:27 pm

Great response cockneyrebel... I think I can take some advice from that even from the way I replied.

RightGalaxy, I hope that you feel better right away and that you remember that being violent is not the answer... I am sorta starting to really be a fan of Temple Grandin's advice and one of the things I saw in her video was that sometimes rather than lashing out you just need to cry through stuff...

Hurting another person will not make anything better...when its done you would feel bad and guilty and the other person would feel in pain and the tension between you will not be resolved at all.

The behavior you describe is not something that any asperger person has any right to use their autistic traits as an excuse for. This is a behavior that low class butt-munches use without correlation to their autisticness

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

31 Jan 2012, 10:55 pm

There are better ways to handle a situation like that. It's matter of who's going to be the mature one and who's going at it like a three year old. It's okay if you completely disregard my opinion, because of my age. No one really takes me seriously these days. Just hear me out on this and think before you do things.

Vent out your anger in positive ways, so it isn't building up inside you.

Taylor1002
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 11:33 am

I don't do that since I think it's kind of disgusting when people do. If I'm mad at someone I can argue about the situation without feeling guilty, but I wouldn't do anything to really hurt them. I hope you aren't very angry about that anymore because some people aren't worth that trouble.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 1:13 pm

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

Salome
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2012, 2:03 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:

Hahahaha!
I see why you are angry!
I've had that done to me as well but this is not a trait exclusive to aspies.