Page 3 of 401 [ 6403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 401  Next

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:19 pm

Az29 wrote:

Hello Keeno :D Can't say I've seen you around here, are you a fan of jack black?

Not so much a fan of Jack Black, but I chose my avatar because I could actually have been inadvertently in Gulliver's Travels. I walked right past the crew when they were filming in New York. Alas, I didn't see myself in the film.

How's your evening Az29? And hello to everyone who's joined the thread during the day. :D

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:22 pm

Henbane wrote:
Popular isn't really a word I'd use for WP or for life generally. It seems like an American High School sort of word. (my racism emerges once more).

Yes, I understand. Do you not like Americans or something?

Just for you:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1NR2K-gazo[/youtube]

Quote:
I have some friends on here, who I care about, and I think they don't mind me too much.

People you private message often? I have a few of those, although I think none of them really care about me apart from one at the very most. I am just words - pointless, bitter words - on a screen.

Quote:
There are other people who might vaguely recognise me and have no particular opinion about me one way or another.

I would be more inclined to put you in the first category. Your boyfriend is lucky to have you. Tell him I said that. :)

Quote:
And the majority, who haven't ever noticed my existence, or who can't stand me.

:( - That sounds bleak for a Monday evening. It's probably how you feel though.

Quote:
That kind of applies to the rest of life too.

I sort of feel that, in life, most people cannot stand me and some tolerate me, although I have no friends. I don't go out any more - what's the point? I just try to smile and get through life as best I can. I am almost in a world of my own. I'm really nothing without my family and I have the feeling as though I'm almost on life-support at times. I'm 23, FFS.

Quote:
To answer your question as I think you probably intended it, and without the overly analytical response, I don't feel popular or unpopular on here, but I feel unpopular in 'real life'.

That's sort of how I feel on here, although I am probably popular with some - who, I am not sure - and unpopular, sometimes hugely so with others due to my personality. In real life, I am definitely unpopular. No-one outisde my family would care if I died tomorrow - but that stands for many of us, correct?

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:25 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
It means that people see me as a whiny Kinks Fan who sounds like Ray Davies, who won't shut up.

I love Ray Davies and I wouldn't mind if you did sound like him.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:25 pm

aw, i'd hang out with you if i was northern teq

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:28 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
aw, i'd hang out with you if i was northern teq

That's absolutely lovely of you to say so, OSB. In spite of some of the uncultured, ignorant nonsense I've spewed (some directly at your fair self) during my time here. ;)

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

PM wrote:
Hi, unpopular member checking in.

Post more! I like you! :P

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:38 pm

I'm not good at complex quoting Tequila, sorry.

But, no it's not that I don't like Americans, I actually do like most Americans, I'd just rather that British culture wasn't being quite so saturated with/suffocated by theirs.

You're not just words on a screen to me, and I would imagine so to others on WP. You are a person, and your individuality comes across strongly.

I don't think it's bleak, just inevitable. There's so many people on this site that I couldn't possibly expect the vast majority to be anything but clueless about my existence. That's fine. I think most aspies, and people with aspie tendencies, can't really cope with too many friends anyway. I prefer just to have a few people who I completely trust.

I'd care if you died tomorrow. I think others would too. You do have people who care about you on here.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:39 pm

I feel unpopular, but I'll probably be scoffed at if I say so.

Again, I urge people to look at this thread and the poll results. And draw the obvious conclusions.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt137369.html

Last edited by Moog on 30 Jan 2012, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:39 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
PM wrote:

I like both of you.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:43 pm

Henbane wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
PM wrote:

I like both of you.

Thanks, I like you.

I don't feel unpopular but I know what it's like to feel that way.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:47 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Henbane wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
PM wrote:

I like both of you.

Thanks, I like you.

Thank you both, i'm fond of the both of you.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:49 pm

PM wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Henbane wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
PM wrote:

I like both of you.

Thanks, I like you.

Thank you both, i'm fond of the both of you.

I like all three of you!

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:53 pm

Tequila wrote:
I sort of feel that, in life, most people cannot stand me and some tolerate me, although I have no friends. I don't go out any more - what's the point? I just try to smile and get through life as best I can. I am almost in a world of my own. I'm really nothing without my family and I have the feeling as though I'm almost on life-support at times. I'm 23, FFS...That's sort of how I feel on here, although I am probably popular with some - who, I am not sure - and unpopular, sometimes hugely so with others due to my personality. In real life, I am definitely unpopular. No-one outisde my family would care if I died tomorrow - but that stands for many of us, correct?

Then GET OUT and meet people. Ignore your mother when she tries to keep you indoors - that's what mine does and I would stay indoors if she had her way. Get out on your own!! !! Don't dismiss people either, like you told me how you do. Stop looking down on people who disagree with you - you'll widen your friendship circle (and knowledge) so much. No offense, but I don't talk to you much anymore because of the way you treat others on here - I can't be dealing with that in future.

If you want anything to change then you have to do it on your own. You have to face your worst fears and think, "F*** it, do I want to take risks and make life far more interesting, or stay indoors bored out of my skull?".

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:53 pm

Henbane wrote:
I'm not good at complex quoting Tequila, sorry.

Oh, don't worry about that. You don't mind if I do it though? Just makes it just a little bit easier if you one puts everything in the correct context.

Henbane wrote:
But, no it's not that I don't like Americans, I actually do like most Americans, I'd just rather that British culture wasn't being quite so saturated with/suffocated by theirs.

I think that is the case for Irish culture as well though (I've seen what the RTÉ TV schedules look like, for instance). And Scandinavian countries - the way that people from Nordic countries speak English can be extremely American, for instance. They tolerate English swear-words than they do far more here. A very offensive swear word in English would almost be considered quite mild in Sweden or Norway, so I gather.

Henbane wrote:
You're not just words on a screen to me, and I would imagine so to others on WP.

Thank you for saying that, Henbane. I always imagined you as someone that would be sort of person that would teach children, possibly read them a story, that sort of thing. A worldly person full of interesting things to say.

Henbane wrote:
You are a person, and your individuality comes across strongly.

Is that good or bad, though, Henbane? ;)

I am a person but I am also a man. It's that part of me that doesn't yet feel fully formed and probably won't for quite some time. I feel like an overgrown child, kept where I am but without the true drive or ability to change into something better.

But at the end of the day, my posts - are just fragments of a person's personality. Even the people who really like me here will never have chance to meet me in person.

Sorry, I'm indulging in a bit of "woe is me" talk, which is quite unlike me.

Quote:
I don't think it's bleak, just inevitable.

If you say so. :)

I don't want friends who I cannot trust - where is the point in that? But something has to give I think. Perhaps being on here as much as I am is not healthy. Still, I'm out of the way in a week's time. :)

Henbane wrote:
You do have people who care about you on here.

They haven't met me in person though and that is where the real litmus test is I think for all of us.

Lovely conversing with you, by the way. :)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:56 pm

smudge wrote:
No offense, but I don't talk to you much anymore because of the way you treat others on here - I can't be dealing with that in future.

No, you didn't want to talk to me because you thought I fancied you and was suffocating you. Not the same thing, Marz.

smudge wrote:
Then GET OUT and meet people. Ignore your mother when she tries to keep you indoors - that's what mine does and I would stay indoors if she had her way. Get out on your own!! !!

I do/have done this already. It doesn't lead anywhere though. I take opportunities when they arise but that often doesn't happen. It will get better during the summer I reckon.

Last edited by Tequila on 30 Jan 2012, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:57 pm

@ Ax29

Quote:
Gadge - I love your username, saying it out loud makes me smile, it has a pleasant feeling on my tongue, it also makes me think of gadgets, do you like gadgets?

Thx, glad you like it and it makes you smile. It is actually "Gadget" and it just got shortened by others, all I can think of is the scene from "Roseanne" when they were in the bathroom and Jackie kept repeating "DJ" saying how cool it sounded LOL

do you like gadgets?
yes and no.....I like the ones that actually serve a purpose and are efficient. I really dislike "info-mercials" and all that junk. I'm one of those "jack of all trades" types. I make my own tooling, and fixtures for woodworking, metalworking, etc.....I do alot of work for my friends, fixing stuff for them...you get the idea....I'm a tool.

a pleasant feeling on my tongue...........quick, spit it out :lmao:

and to ALL OTHERS(list is growing fast)
Welcome to the Un-Pop Club ! !! !! !!