Page 6 of 401 [ 6410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 401  Next

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:06 pm

@IdahoRose: That was a pretty epic post. I remember the username, but I'm better at recognizing avatars than usernames, so I'm not sure I can match up my impression of your posts with you very well. I think if I could see all your old avatars, I'd probably be able to remember my impression better, but what I can remember is good.

@CockneyRebel and League_Girl: You both have made the impression of being kind, and kindness is my favorite attribute a person can have. I doubt I would be the only one to miss you if you left.

@artrat: I have only seen the posts in this thread and one other on a similar topic, so I know almost nothing about you. But being concerned about unpopular people is a good thing.

@Sagroth: I don't know much of anything about you, but nobody who has a 7th doctor avatar is all bad.

@Az29: I think trying to say something to everyone in the thread says something good about you.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:17 pm

I guess I am one of the poppies since I get bitched at allot...

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:24 pm

shrox wrote:

Nothing wrong with poppies! That's what pop-opera singer Prince Poppycock calls his fans, and he's pretty awesome. :)

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:37 pm

Grisha wrote:
I can't really think of who the "popular" ones are - I guess I just don't think in those terms.

I don't perceive a social hierarchy, although I may relate to some member's posts more than others.

I'm sorry that some people feel left out though, I really don't think it's intentional...

Perhaps popular is the wrong word. Maybe most noticed would be more accurate.
I notice some posts more than other too.The first few months on this forum can be lonely
It also has to do with the number of posts and the length of time spent on WP.
I actually like almost all of the members who seem more noticed.

I have definitely noticed tequila . I actually like most of your post excluding the one's that mention nationalism.

Pudding mouse, I don't know how I ever thought that you and tequila were the same person.
The PPR forum can get tough and the two of you seemed to have similar beliefs. I now see that you don't.

IdahoRose: My favorite Johnny Depp and Tim Burton film is "Alice in Wonderland".
Some critics gave bad reviews but I thought it was brilliant. Edward Scissors hands was good too.

Hello cokneyRebel,league_Girl,Aprilviolets,uprising,Henbane,and infinitenull.
I can not remember everyone because this thread has grown to an overwhelming size.
You are not ignored.

This seems to have become the aspie smalltalk thread.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:43 pm

artrat wrote:
Grisha wrote:
I can't really think of who the "popular" ones are - I guess I just don't think in those terms.

I don't perceive a social hierarchy, although I may relate to some member's posts more than others.

I'm sorry that some people feel left out though, I really don't think it's intentional...

Perhaps popular is the wrong word. Maybe most noticed would be more accurate.
I notice some posts more than other too.The first few months on this forum can be lonely
It also has to do with the number of posts and the length of time spent on WP.
I actually like almost all of the members who seem more noticed.

I have definitely noticed tequila . I actually like most of your post excluding the one's that mention nationalism.

Pudding mouse, I don't know how I ever thought that you and tequila were the same person.
The PPR forum can get tough and the two of you seemed to have similar beliefs. I now see that you don't.

IdahoRose: My favorite Johnny Depp and Tim Burton film is "Alice in Wonderland".
Some critics gave bad reviews but I thought it was brilliant. Edward Scissors hands was good too.

Hello cokneyRebel,league_Girl,Aprilviolets,uprising,Henbane,and infinitenull.
I can not remember everyone because this thread has grown to an overwhelming size.
You are not ignored.

This seems to have become the aspie smalltalk thread.

Glad I wasn't mentioned. I'd have to put tin foil over my windows if I had been.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 11:34 pm

shrox wrote:

There's nothing wrong with poppies. :)

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 12:05 am

shrox wrote:

There's nothing wrong with venting I did that the other day.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 12:08 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
shrox wrote:

There's nothing wrong with poppies. :)

I didn't mention you shrox because the post took me a long while to write. You hadn't posted when I started.

I don't ever remember bitching at you. If I did then I am a b***h.
I only read a few of your post so I was not thinking of you as one of the poppies.

I remember that you posted a very interesting story about you and your wife and it got no response.

The popular people are those users that seem to have friends on this forum and get many responses.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 12:59 am

artrat wrote:

I'm glad that Alice in Wonderland is your favorite, because it's mine too. :) I love the Mad Hatter and Alice, I've loved them ever since I first saw the film back in 2010, and I will continue to love them all the days of my life. I realize that to most people, the movie wasn't anything special, but it had a profound impact on me. Edward Scissorhands is really good too. It makes me cry whenever I watch it. What did you think of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? It's my second favorite besides Alice in Wonderland.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 7:03 am

Grisha wrote:

I think some people here, even if they can't irl, are adept at the type of harmless (but sometimes inane) social chatter that typifies much of NT social discourse. Others can't do it because it feels awkward and strange and false or they can't think of anything to say (such as myself). Some of us always feel like we're outside looking in irl and hoped at WP things would be different. When we find out that we're still on the outside looking in, we feel like super failures and sometimes that gets translated into resentment. I don't think anyone is being excluded intentionally either.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 7:05 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
Hi, everybody. Kyle 'The Ghost' here. :)

I was never really concerned with being in the popular crowd.

League_Girl wrote:
I would rather be ignored than bullied.

Although being ignored is no fun, better that than being bullied.

Welcome to the club. It's nice to see a fellow spirit. :)

Glad to be here, Mick! :)

I love movies and trains!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 9:12 am

I love all things London. :)

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 9:24 am

Don't like London.
If my town was a WP member it would be posting in this thread.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 10:04 am

artrat wrote:

Apart from on mass immigration and the EU, our views sharply diverge.

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 2:12 pm

I just wanted to clarify why I feel unpopular.
When there is a topic and everyone else's posts get re-quoted, excert yours. It is just like being in a room and a conversation is going on and everytime you speak your looked at as wierd and/or ignored. At times it seems intentional and rude imo.

I've posted in the haven about my surgery and situation, Extremely depressed and fed up tp the point of wanting to give up and very few have had a comment.

Its the same for me in real life, ingnored. Trying to get some help and everyone says, without even listening to the facts, "We can't help you".

and its still that way. about to loose my house, have no job or hopes of one, nearly 3 1/2yrs now of fighting a wrongful termination due to a disability. I cant even get a lawyer. I've gone thru my entire life savings and my retirement.

yea,...try getting a job after being fired from a company that you worked your butt off at, for nearly 20yrs. I did nothing wrong ! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

Whats wrong with this world ! !! !!
:evil:

heckeler06
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 2:14 pm

This has already been stated: But I disagree with the connotations of "unpopular" used here.

I identify with a lot of it, but I believe I don't post enough, or regularly enough, to be noticed around here. I think it all boils down to post count more than anything. [Which offers a simple solution to people who don't feel like they fit in here: Post more!]

Anywho, I hope this thread continues to be a forum for people that feel unnoticed here!

--David

Ninja Edit:

Hey Gadge--Didn't initially see your post--I was composing this one at the time. I sympathize with you, though you're going through much more than me. Good luck--I hope things start to look up soon.