Page 2 of 400 [ 6395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 400  Next

PM
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 6:00 am

Hi, artrat, Albirea, IdahoRose, gadge, gailryder17, CocneyRebel, kestrel, Leauge_Girl, Keeno, Sagroth, and Az29.

Az29 wrote:
PM - I'm curious does your username stand for something(such as your real name) or is it related to private messaging because that's all I can think of when I see your name.

Something to do with my name, I wish I could change it, but it was the first thing that came to my mind while in the process of joining in October 2010.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 6:22 am

I need some luvin. :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 7:27 am

I'd like to welcome everybody to this thread! :)

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 7:40 am

I can't really think of who the "popular" ones are - I guess I just don't think in those terms.

I don't perceive a social hierarchy, although I may relate to some member's posts more than others.

I'm sorry that some people feel left out though, I really don't think it's intentional...

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 7:54 am

Grisha wrote:
I can't really think of who the "popular" ones are - I guess I just don't think in those terms.

Me too. :)

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 8:20 am

Hello, artrat, Albirea, IdahoRose, gadge, gailryder17, CockneyRebel, PM, kestrel, Leauge_Girl, Keeno, Sagroth, Az29, Giftorcurse, Grisha, and Tequila.

If you all are the unpopular ones, but do something awesome like getting together to enjoy eachother's company. doesn't that now make everyone in the group both popular and awesome!

I dunno if I count or not probably because, like Sagroth, I've only been around for a little while. I wouldn't mind the opportunity to participate though.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 8:26 am

Hi, everybody. Kyle 'The Ghost' here. :)

I was never really concerned with being in the popular crowd.

League_Girl wrote:
I would rather be ignored than bullied.

Although being ignored is no fun, better that than being bullied.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 8:35 am

I'd have thought that most of the WP members are unpopular, in the eyes of NTs - I certainly am ;)

Though speaking in the sense that was intended - I have always felt like an outsider here, though I have wherever I've gone online.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:03 am

Giftorcurse wrote:
I need some luvin. :(

It's okay. * gives awkward handshake/hug * 8)

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:43 am

Az29 wrote:
Kestrel - I like the cat in your avatar is it yours?

Yes, that's my cat, Gigi - he's an odd one always curling up inside my flower pots. 8O

b9
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:54 am

the reason i am unpopular is because i am uninclined to see my responsibility to reply to people who want to be my friend. it is completely my fault that i am unpopular.

but i wish that i did not shirk my responsibility to reply to friendly replies. i can not help it.

it seems to be a self fulfilling prophesy for me that i will not be liked because i do nothing at all to cultivate friendship.

i see people say "wow b9...etc" and i simply think "well there one goes".

in a deep way, it is like i am watching all my life on a screen, and i think it is not necessary to interact continuously because if people seem to like me, then that will be the case forever even if i do nothing more to cultivate it.

i do not have a great deal of understanding that things change and move on, and if someone liked me yesterday, they will not necessarily like me forever if i do not provide any further input.

life is dynamic, but in my brain it is static, and that is my fundamental problem.

so i can not be a member of this new "club" because i am solitary and not reciprocal to any fertile degree.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:26 am

You guys are really going off about something such as this? You aspies disappoint me.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:32 am

ShenLong wrote:
You guys are really going off about something such as this? You aspies disappoint me.

I's not. I's not unpopular. I's just posting.

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2012, 10:46 am

Sagroth - My usual username came around in a similar sort of way, my ex used to enjoy role playing games with his friends, can't remember what it was called, anyway he had his demon name or whatever it was and he used to call me by a another demon name and invite me along sometimes. When things turned sour between us I didn't want to use that name anymore so I found a new but similar name which I tend to use wherever I sign up, except here, the Az is part of the name and the numbers...simple screw up in which I meant to put my age and for some reason the entire week that I signed up here and a few days after I was convinced I was older then I am.

PM - I drew a blank when first signing up here, I didn't want to use my usual online name because I wasn't sure what this place would be like and to be honest I didn't want people from other forums I use to know I have AS....at least not until I get an official diagnosis. Have you asked the mods if it's possible to change your name?

Hello Giftorcurse, yours is another unfamiliar name, how are you? What's your favourite film?

Grisha - It probably isn't intentional but it inevitably happens, older members(by sign up date not age) tend to have some history and get used to each other and so are more likely to respond to each other, it's the natural flow of a forum. The problem I see is that some people at one point or another are feeling ignored and I'm sure artrat created this thread just for those who may feel like nobody else is really talking to them.

Tequila - I don't know if "popular ones" is 100% accurate but it's probably more like those who recognize each other and so may naturally pick out each other's posts to respond to, it's not to intentionally exclude people but probably done in a familiar / friendly way. For example I instantly recognized you, Grisha & tenpencepiece as I've seen your posts many times in threads (I read about 10x more then I post) and some people may naturally feel more inclined to respond to people they recognize then those they don't.

infinitenull - You may not have been around for very long but I instantly recognized you, probably because of your striking avatar, welcome to WP :D

KyleTheGhost - Hello :D another name / face(avatar) I don't recall other then I know the character casper. I don't think it's about being in the popular crowd, I think it's about supporting each other and if your feeling a little low, a little isolated and you just want someone to talk to then this thread is the place to be!

Tenpencepiece - Hello :D I'm just about to check out the links in your signature, I'm curious about the traffic cone, is there a reason or do you just like it?

Brainfre3ze_93 - Awkward handshakes and hugs all round :D

Kestrel - I like that name! I'm guessing you don't get to plant much?

b9 - Recognized your avatar straightaway "Danger will robinson" :lol: I love lost in space!
I suppose it depends on whether it bothers you that your not responding to people, if it doesn't bother you /affect you don't worry about it, but if it does just respond when you feel able to.

I'm now off to play with my new gadget *excited*

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

Grisha wrote:

I don't perceive a social hierarchy, although I may relate to some member's posts more than others.

I'm sorry that some people feel left out though, I really don't think it's intentional...

I second this

Also to me "unpopular" implies disliked or to be avoided... I can't say anyone in this thread fits this description! You should rename your club the "Possibly obscure but definitely awesome group" :P

PM
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

Az29 wrote:

PM - I drew a blank when first signing up here, I didn't want to use my usual online name because I wasn't sure what this place would be like and to be honest I didn't want people from other forums I use to know I have AS....at least not until I get an official diagnosis. Have you asked the mods if it's possible to change your name?

I cannot remember what exactly I was thinking when I chose my name. Alas, it is not possible for Moderators to change names with this forum software (phpBB2) and I think that name changes may interfere with the database in some way. I'm OK with my name as it stands, but if given the opportunity, I would change it.