Eating the same thing for days...

Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Mar 2015, 3:56 pm

I live on my own and cook for myself so I usually end up making something and then eating it the next couple days. It doesn't have anything to do with routine, its just convenience and the fact I am not going to cook different food when I have days worth of leftovers.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:56 pm

I have the same breakfast almost everyday. And lunch also. But I go through phases of favourite food. But dinner is more varied.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 4:02 pm

It's not that I don't like anything else but sometimes I the same thing for a few days in a row because I cooked a big meal and there are leftovers. And I'm too lazy to just store stuff in the freezer, at least until the third day because I worry about getting poisoned. :)

When I was a kid -this is going to sound horrible, but please don't judge- my parents would cook a meal and then leave it on the stove overnight, and they used to store roast turkey in the fridge with the stuffing still inside it instead of putting in in a separate container, and store ketchup at room temperature. It's a wonder we didn't all get severely poisoned a long time ago. Maybe germs didn't really exist back then and the real reason I got sick at all as a kid was because I didn't dress warmly. When it was cold outside. Obviously. :)

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 4:07 pm

Yup. My parents hate it.

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2015, 4:29 pm

I go through phases as well, for 4-5 years straight I ate vegetables scrambled with eggs every morning. I would go through phases between coffee and tea, or butter and margarine, rice or quinoa, etc etc, that would last months to years on end. Other than water ( for a cold drink) - I would only drink this certain blue koolaid (bad, but at least I used a natural sweetener), and they quit making it. I contacted the company to remake it, but to no avail - so water it is.

nikkiDT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2015, 5:12 pm

Yep. Even though I technically shouldn't, I eat the same meal from McDonald's every day. I guess I'll try harder to mix it up.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 6:37 pm

Oh, yeah----I'm another one who goes-through phases. I'll eat the same thing for breakfast, and / or lunch, everyday, for weeks, months----even, YEARS!! I am also like others have said, in that I usually "mix-it-up", for dinner, though.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 7:42 pm

Yeah, I do.

The same thing for breakfast, dinner and evening meal for days or even weeks. Currently it is sandwich with cheese, sour cream, citric acid and chips.

I was always like this. When I was a child I was begging my grandma for dumplings with cottage cheese and potatoes everyday and I never got bored with them. Even now I have series of them at times. Sometimes I buy frozen dumplings and eat them for breakfast, dinner and evening meal for a few days in row. And my restaurant dinners on vacation always contain: tomato soup + dumplings with cottage cheese and potatoes. Not to mention that I make and eat the cottage cheese+potatoes filling whenever I find the integriends in kitchen.

sidelines
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Mar 2015, 9:30 am

I go through phases too, eating the same things every day, then changing after a few weeks or months.

It's partly because hey, I like whatever it is, so why not keep eating it; partly because I have a stupidly hard time with really irrelevant decisions (like which of the two or three things I have in my fridge I should eat today), so "choice" mostly just irritates me; and partly because I don't cook. When I'm hungry, I need to eat now - going through some lengthy food preparation process (or even heating something up for a few minutes!) is just too much. (Restaurants, visiting family, and other occasions where I don't just get to decide when I eat can be kind of difficult because of this.) And when I'm not hungry, I have other things on my mind and can't be bothered preparing food for later... so I just buy spreads or salads that require no preparation at all, which rather limits my choices anyway.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 6:01 pm

I couldn't do it. I believe my diet is monotonous, restricted and repetitive enough as it is - any more so would drive me nuts!

I really crave a little more adventure with my food.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2015, 2:55 pm

I've got a default setting of vegetarian sausage, oven chips (fries) Almost always with white bread of a certain type. The butter can be of different brands, and the random wild card is whether I have a fried egg with it or not, and mushrooms with lots of garlic. Chip sandwiches is a Northern English thing. So I make sandwiches alternately with and without vinegar. The shape of the bread is important, square edge first without vinegar, unless the square edge bread is even fractionally larger than the round edge bread, when I adopt a remarkable sense of flexibility and start with the round edge bread. There are other daringly unconventional flourishes at the end of the meal, like having two sandwiches without vinegar and two with. Every now and then to prove to myself I'm not narrow minded, I take a short holiday by way of using brown bread.

The above diet takes its toll over a life time, so discipline myself to have binges of fruit, mackerel, cheese, salmon. I absolutely love those cheese football things that taste like chemicals.

And I've got it in writing from a Consultant Psychiatrist that I'm actually sane.

Jina
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2020, 10:46 pm

I tend to get bored but I do love food, very flavourful food for instance Thai or Korean. I’ll fixate on something if I really fall in love with something for instance for a while when I lived in Asia I could not get enough spicy papaya salad. Hate the routine of something the same for a while. :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2020, 11:23 pm

left to my own devices, it is usually a mixture of brown rice/quinoa and canned soup leavened with a bit of cheddar cheese and tomato paste/sauce. the only real time i eat something different is when i get a mickey-D's coupon, a jack in the box coupon, or a pizza coupon and then i will eat one of those things instead. or my sister makes me something to eat, which is generally healthier than any of the other options.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Feb 2020, 1:35 am

I used to eat the same few things alot as a kid. Part of it was cuz I was & still am somewhat a very picky eater & some of the things I liked were easier than others for my mom to fix. She mostly fixed the easy stuff when she had to do something special for me which was pretty often cuz she & dad wanted more variety than the harder things to fix/cook that I ate. I eventually got sick of those foods & I still never really started liking them again. Nowadays I tend to eat cereal for breakfast most days but switch types after I run out & I eat a sandwich for supper but I switch the type of meat 1ce the pack runs out so I haven't gotten sick of those yet. When my girlfriend cooks for lunch, I'll eat the leftovers for lunch until they run out & then she'll cook something different so I keep from getting sick of things.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 12:22 am

Bodyguard in '77 : "You eat the same now as in '57 !"

Elvis : "Ive never thought about that , you're right"

He could eat sauerkraut fo weeks.....as much as i love burgers and pizza , eating it every day for weeks doesnt sound that appealing :lol:

My diet :

burgers
pizza
baguettes
chinese sweet/sour pork
pork

Thats about it

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 12:26 am

come to think of it, sauerkraut would go GREAT with burgers and pizza! :chef: