Is anyone else afraid to make threads?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 12:08 pm

I've been afraid to start threads over the past 12 months. I'm afraid that the thread will be tasteless and a whole bunch of people will let it be known to me. I might start a thread about the wrong thing and than I'll feel that I've hurt or offended a lot of people and than I'd end up feeling guilty. I'm also afraid that people are going to attack me in my own threads, so I don't bother any more. I also don't want to be seen as an attention seeker.

Is anybody else afraid to make threads?

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 12:11 pm

Not really, I just don't make threads because I can never think of anything new

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 12:44 pm

I am more of a thread poster, than a thread starter. Just like I am more of a listener, than a talker. That’s why I have made no threads lol

Well it would be hard not to step on peoples view points. It's how you deal with it that counts. Do you not feel better when you apologise? or "I am entitled to my own view point". If someone attacks you then you know they doing it on purpose, just to push your buttons.

& an attention seeker, that’s a hard one, as when you put your view point across, your going to be directing peoples attention, or it would be empty. I only see it as a problem at "excessive" levels. LoL I just looked that up Attention Seeking on wiki, so now you indirectly got me a hole bunch more info to crunch on, that I find useful.

That’s my view anyway.

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:45 pm

Any time you make a thread, there's always the risk of people not liking what you have to say, but you have to have enough self-confidence to be able to ignore other people when they're being rude and realize that they're just ignorant. They're just strangers over the Internet - it's not your job to make them like you. Your only job on the Internet is to be yourself and if people like you for it, then great! But if they have a problem with it, then screw them!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:46 pm

Yes, I am hesitant to make threads as well.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 4:37 pm

I do admit that I was a little put off by a thread that I've made late last March, but I've got to put that behind me and start making threads again. :)

lundygirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 4:39 pm

I hope you do start making threads again :)

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 4:39 pm

Crikey CR, I'd barely started posting then, I hope you can let that one go :)

Edit: Though I am on a different planet, where last March was March 2011 :oops: :oops: :oops:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 4:40 pm

I can and I will let it go.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 4:42 pm

I have had a few threads that don't get any replies (like one just now), which I am okay with.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 4:42 pm

I'll make a thread right now. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 5:04 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I do admit that I was a little put off by a thread that I've made late last March, but I've got to put that behind me and start making threads again. :)

You should! I love all the posts and topics that you create. :) I hope that my post was encouraging to you - I'm sorry if it sounded too aggressive. I was trying to be inspirational, not mean, so I apologize if it came across that way.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 5:13 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

You should! I love all the posts and topics that you create. :) I hope that my post was encouraging to you - I'm sorry if it sounded too aggressive. I was trying to be inspirational, not mean, so I apologize if it came across that way.

I didn't think you were being aggressive at all. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 5:16 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

I didn't think you were being aggressive at all. :)

Okay. I'm glad. I was just checking. :) By the way, where is your new thread? I'd like to make a post in it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 5:24 pm

The new thread is in Random Discussion and it's titled, "What's the one thing that makes you happier than anything else?"

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 6:40 pm

I've only made one or two threads if I think of anything that would be of interest to anyone I do when I made a thread about "Riding a Bicycle" it went for 5 pages and that was good. :D :D :D