Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Byron
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jan 2011, 12:24 am

I love recycling because I just have a fascination with helping the earth/being green.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 1:46 am

i hate it when people leave new phone books moldering on the ground beneath their mailboxes. i wish they'd be kind to them by picking them up off the wet dirty ground and taking them inside and using them. or recycling them, letting them reincarnate into newspapers or something.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

23 Jan 2011, 2:12 am

I recycle. the number 7 b-tch!

but in all seriousness, i do seperate my trash :wink:

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 9:03 am

I recycle, too. We have two recycle boxes sitting in our back yard.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 9:09 am

I also recycle.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 2:13 pm

I don't really, I'm skeptical of the whole climate-change world going to f**k thing, as its too politically charged to be completely objective. There should be no distinction between a liberal and conservative scientist, yet in climatology they seem to be non-synonymous.

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2011, 3:04 pm

Me too, I recycle as much as I can... sometimes I get kinda irritated when people forget and end up rescuing things off the top of the bin to go in the recycle boxes :wink:

LikeToHike
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jan 2011, 10:24 pm

Autumnsteps wrote:
Me too, I recycle as much as I can... sometimes I get kinda irritated when people forget and end up rescuing things off the top of the bin to go in the recycle boxes :wink:

Good Job! I recycle just about everything now or compost it. I hardly have any regular trash at all. It really is amazing since I used to have so much.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 10:42 pm

One of my special interests is being "green" so I reduce, reuse and recycle!

I also like to walk when it's less than a 15 minute walk and take transit if it's a longer walk. I don't ride a bike because I am actually a bit scared of it.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 11:11 pm

ryan93 wrote:
I don't really, I'm skeptical of the whole climate-change world going to f**k thing, as its too politically charged to be completely objective. There should be no distinction between a liberal and conservative scientist, yet in climatology they seem to be non-synonymous.

Climate-change isn't all there is though, I personally couldn't give a rats bottom about climate-change, there's a whole range of environmental issues associated with waste, and environmentalism for the most part also has nothing to do with saving the planet - once we're gone the earth will repair itself, it's not as delicate as we are...and there's the point of doing ones bit for the environment, it's for us. Waste and manufacturing from scratch adds to our problems, not the planets.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 12:45 am

Recycling seems like the right thing to do. Many of the resources we consume are finite.

My neighbors dont seem to feel the same way. They have parties and end up with a lot of beer cans which they throw in the garbage. I'd rescue them and collect the 5 cent deposit, but I have qualms about rummaging through garbage cans. The crackheads, on the other hand, dig right in and claim them every week.

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2011, 9:56 am

LikeToHike wrote:
Autumnsteps wrote:

Good Job! I recycle just about everything now or compost it. I hardly have any regular trash at all. It really is amazing since I used to have so much.

:D I have two compost bins in the garden too which I then use on my veg patch. We don't have much rubbish and virtually no food waste :D If I can't reuse or recycle something I take it to a charity shop so they can sell it on

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2011, 2:08 pm

and I just recycled an old bed into a bookcase. I bought the bed for my son when I first started childminding so he was about 3. He's 13 now and each of my children has used the bed at some point. I've repaired it a few times but it broke last year and I couldn't do much with it but kept the wood as it's solid pine and thought it'd come in handy for something :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 4:46 am

Autumnsteps wrote:
and I just recycled an old bed into a bookcase. I bought the bed for my son when I first started childminding so he was about 3. He's 13 now and each of my children has used the bed at some point. I've repaired it a few times but it broke last year and I couldn't do much with it but kept the wood as it's solid pine and thought it'd come in handy for something :)

8) now that's snatching utility from the jaws of futility :idea:

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 5:30 pm

It drives me crazy when people don't recycle. Recycling is easy!

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:44 pm

IceCreamGirl wrote:
It drives me crazy when people don't recycle. Recycling is easy!

Well, not for everyone it isn't. I had to fight with the local council to get recycling bins for two years (no where local for us to recycle and I can't drive), then we have local scum burning them and I've got to go through the whole thing again with the local council...but we are the one building in the whole street with recycling bins now :)

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.