Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2012, 10:32 pm

Here is my experience with sunscreen in these hot spring months....

I put it on my face, neck, arms, legs, etc....

Before long, my eyes STING.... ouch 8O

I hate these products that say "Caution: Don't use in eyes; if so rinse immediately or contact your local poison control center".......

The stuff.gets.in.your.eyes.anyway...... :evil:

I don't put it anywhere near the eyes but somehow it gets there via sweat or the stuff is just crap (i've tried various brands and they all somehow trickle to the eye area) :scratch:

Also noticed another weird thing...... Even after liberally washing and soaping the crap out, there is still residue and it gets in the lungs!! !! !! !! ! Every time I use it, I wake up in the middle of the night with a nasty cough, and can taste a trace of it in the back of my throat. Also it causes PND (post-nasal drip), as the body absorbs it somehow......

Today is the 2nd day off the sunscreen, and finally it is out of my system. It must be my weird reaction to it; otherwise it would have been pulled out of the market.......

Anyone else have a hard time tolerating sunscreen??

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 10:34 pm

When I was younger I was allergic to a brand, that or it just didn't work.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 10:49 pm

Yes. But honestly I'm not sure if it the sunscreen itself or the way the chemicals break down in the sun. Plus I have reactions to sun. So it's bad all around. :(

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 10:53 pm

Super-pale so sunscreen is a must for me, although you've got to worry about which is worse; cancer from the sun or cancer from the ingredients in the sunscreen - opt for more "natural" brands when possible without a doubt...or just don't go out in the sun, lol.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 11:13 pm

I have to wear sunscreen, or else I can burn very badly.

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

30 May 2012, 11:16 pm

I don't burn easily, thank goodness. I only put on a little sunscreen.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 10:50 am

I don't like wearing it on my face because I tend to sweat and the combination of sweat and sunscreen drips into my eyes. I also don't like the sticky feeling. I don't tend to burn easily because my skin has a faint tan already. I usually only use an SPF 15. I usually only dab a bit on my cheeks and chin and then some on my arms, neck, shoulders and I make sure my tattoos are covered and then I'll put a bit on my legs.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 11:06 am

I use compact powder with SPF on my face. I have a bottle of sunscreen that I keep at work too. I do sometimes get red from some sunscreens so I use the sensitive skins kinds. I get at least SPF 50.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2012, 1:21 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
I use compact powder with SPF on my face. I have a bottle of sunscreen that I keep at work too. I do sometimes get red from some sunscreens so I use the sensitive skins kinds. I get at least SPF 50.

I hadn't thought about compact powder but will look into that :)

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:58 pm

tjr1243 wrote:
luvsterriers wrote:

:) Shiseido has a foundation powder that has SPF 34 if you wanted something a bit higher. Cover Girl has one in a 22 I think.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 2:11 pm

Sunscreen is my enemy. I am light skinned, but I tan very easily and very dark, and rarely burn. I much prefer to tan. Once I have a base tan I will use either baby oil or plain cocoa butter on my skin. Been doing that all my life and still have no wrinkles at 48. I have never understood people who lay out in the sun and put on sunscreen. I don't think that pale skin looks good unless it's a porcelin color, which mine isn't, so I tan. I haven't had the money to go to the tanning bed this past winter, so I'm pretty pale now. I've been walking back and forth to my mom's a lot so I'm getting tan where the sun hits my legs, arms, and upper back and chest, and face now, but I really need to start laying out soon.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

psych
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 2:56 pm

very important toxicity info for sunscreen users;

http://breakingnews.ewg.org/2012sunscreen/

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 3:18 pm

I'm allergic to parabens, which the manufacturers put it loads of stuff, including sunscreen. So, I have to buy natural stuff online. I don't tend to burn very much, only in certain areas (forehead, chest, shoulders). I always put it on my face and the other areas that burn, but don't bother with the other parts, unless it's very hot. For those who are having reactions in the sun, whilst wearing sunscreen, you should ask for allergy testing. I started to itch and go red in the sun when I was about 20. It never used to happen and I thought it was weird, as although I have a freckly face, I'm quite sallow skinned underneath and would never have considered myself prone to burning before. Anyway, I had allergy testing, for another matter, and the result came back that I had an allergy to parabens. I hadn't really been getting sunburn, it was a reaction to the cream. It never happens with the natural stuff.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

31 May 2012, 3:21 pm

I never use sunscreen. It's hardly ever sunny out here, anyway.

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2012, 11:51 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
tjr1243 wrote:
luvsterriers wrote:

:) Shiseido has a foundation powder that has SPF 34 if you wanted something a bit higher. Cover Girl has one in a 22 I think.

Cool thanks :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 12:02 am

I don't burn very easily, so I typically don't wear sunscreen. I only get badly burned if I go swimming, so that's when I wear it.