Post things that you remember from your childhood

Page 2 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2006, 3:13 pm

I remember being obsessed with a person who had a gatling gun for an arm. Until I found out about the person with long silver hair, glowing green eyes, and really a long katana.

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2006, 3:52 pm

Wow, I remember quite a few strange things from my childhood. It's really strange I can remember these:

Earliest memory I can remember was from when I was about 1 year old: I can remember pointing to a petrol station and getting the attention of my aunt by shouting 'Ner Ner Ner'. She also repeated the noise I made.

Early childhood: Being frightened of ladybirds and washing machines.

Early childhood: Being in nursery school, and wondering why all the other kids were playing with each other and I wasn't. I also remember having 80s pop music stuck in my head at the time.

4 years old: At 6 in the morning, me and my younger brother went outside in our pyjamas. I think I dragged him in his cart-buggy thing about a mile away from home. He somehow disappeared, and I ran home and told my mum that my brother was lost 'under a bridge'. She thought the worst, and thought I was talking about the canal bridge opposite our house at the time. She phoned the police, and, luckily, an old man found my younger brother.

6 years old: Getting a Commodore 64 for Christmas, and the first game I played was Chase HQ.

6 years old: Accidentally knocking a large glass bottle out of the window. My dad was pissed off, and got a bin bag and put my beloved C64 and games into the bin. :cry: He didn't really mean it, though, and I got my C64 back the next day.

4 years old: Being shown around a special school after I was diagnosed. I made friends with another boy, who I think may have also been aspie. I was at that school for about 3 or 4 years before they said I could cope with 'normal' school.

7 years old: My last day at special school. For the past few weeks they had been trialling me at a 'normal' school to see how I would cope, and I coped well enough. On my last day of special school, we had a mini party to celebrate my leaving, and I remember getting a Disney slide viewer. :)

7 years old: I think I was once sick in school, and I think I may have puked up. My support teacher took me to her house, as my parents were both at work.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2006, 4:09 pm

speaking of throwing up...

i remember being in natural resources(science) during this party i had been waiting for. the party was celebrating the all the different systems of the body and each body part was a food item. i was sitting on the ground with my friend eating twizzlers/veins when i suddenly felt horrible and then i remember throwing up.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

23 Nov 2006, 6:55 pm

I scrounged through my room and found my old books from Primary! OMG!! ! Anyway, here's some samples of the bad spelling and grammer:

I like the sun. It makes mee happey. I pilay. I play whf miy freied's.

I like rienbows becoows it is califol. why? becaews I like it.

Luke hit the ball ovir to my gogr's house. It wos lost. we cad not find it. It was stak in the tree's.

JazzJack rabbit is my farit cimpeyotir game's. It is so cool. one ov te is a birdland. all so cool. one of them is en at side one.

On farders day on my mums side ther was presiths. Lisa my sistter got the first one I got the seckind one. I was grait too. Soon we fightted.

One day my fiamly and me went on 1 plan and 2 airplans. I went to the nadilins. It was in Worip. It was great there. Soon I came back.

Spaceshuttles. People hurt ther hedds. The go to the mon. Ther is a contoll room. chairs are next to the screen Its ralatided to th rockit.

^I wrote those when I was about 6 or seven^

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2006, 7:01 pm

*Twitch*
That's
*Twitch*
The
*Twitch*
Worst
*Twitch*
Grammar
*Twitch*
I
*Twitch*
Have
*Twitch*
Seen

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2006, 7:30 pm

Oh I've got more where that came from. I'll scan in a page and put it up for your discomfort.

In a way
We all go there

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2006, 4:06 am

I like miyself becis I play. becaos I play cirikit.
I like the packe bekorrse I play. Why? because I play on the slaed.
I like playing train in the laoigch.
Yesterday I played. I played while Luke Shamlat. I kicked the ball oll th time.
It is rianing today. I dllit like riane day's. On yesterday's riane
I like playig on my cimpotir. I times play jizz jakrappitt. It is so cool
I have a new van that my dad got afrom the car shop oneday. The callior is red. It got a pawitthoi swich. The hon go's like this...piip!

In a way
We all go there

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2006, 4:21 am

Here's two of the pages (just for you, Flagg!)

In a way
We all go there

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2006, 2:38 pm

this is one of the earliest things i can remember. i was about 3 or so.

i also remember making these lists of certain things. there would be a list of certain face(smily, silly, sad face), places, drinks, insects.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 2:10 pm

even at recess i would play with the ants.

Enigmatic
Toucan
Toucan

26 Nov 2006, 4:29 pm

I was positively obsessed with birds; I wanted to be a bird, and have wings so I could fly (I was always making wings out of cardboard, and would jump off the wing-wall of my family home with them on, attempting to fly).

Absolutely my favorite toys were feathered, artificial birds; I would play with them until they got devoured by one of our cats.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2006, 4:34 am

When I was four I used to draw anthropomorphised birds instead of people.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 1:45 pm

i broke both of my arms when i was in about...3rd grade or so. about two weeks after i had the casts and slings taken off, i was running through the house when i slipped and fell on glass of milk on the ground. i can't remember alot from that day but i can remember the blood mixing with the milk to turn a pinkish color. my cat trying to drink the mixture thanks to the milk in the mixture, being very tired as i driven to the hospital, and being in a hospital bed.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 2:11 pm

How did you break both your arms?

- Emerson

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 2:22 pm

the swings at my old elementary school went pretty high and i always loved the swings for that reason. they made me feel as if i were flying and maybe one day i could maybe fly beyond my school with my swing guiding the way. one day there was this kid swinging next to me and he was going really high up in the air. (there had always been these dares about swinging really high and jumping off at the peek of your height) he jumped off the swing when he reached his peek and i was like all "Wow! i wonder if i can do that!"....well, i couldn't apparently and fell hands first on the wood pellets that surrounded and were under the swings. i remember my arms being heavier than normal, like gravity was pushing down just on my arms, and i didn't know why at first. my friends screamed out "Your arms!" and i then proceeded to cry my eyes out as one of my friends brought me to the office. i truly don't remember how painful it was.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 2:26 pm

lala