For those who have strong opinions...

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2024, 8:48 pm

Here's to us! If you're going to be strong in something, be strong and commited to your personal opinions! :D

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2024, 9:43 pm

I'll drink to that. :mrgreen:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 12:02 am

I've got strong opinions that I keep close to my heart.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 2:24 pm

It's my strong opinion that if you have a strong opinion you should spend some time thinking about why you have that opinion, how you came to hold it and whether you can defend it logically and morally and, if necessary, factually. Preferably before you voice it.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 2:36 pm

I have strong opinions sometimes but then I move on really quickly

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 3:40 pm

I have some strong opinions on certain topics, but I tend to keep them to myself. Opinions are inevitably offensive to someone and I don't purposely set out to offend people.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

Yesterday, 3:45 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
It's my strong opinion that if you have a strong opinion you should spend some time thinking about why you have that opinion, how you came to hold it and whether you can defend it logically and morally and, if necessary, factually. Preferably before you voice it.
Good advice.
Some other general advice is that it's usually better to not challenge others who have strong opinions that clash with your own. Neither of you will change your opinions & you'll both end up angry with each other. I know this from personal experience. When I feel strongly about something, the more my opinion is challenged means the more defensive I'll become. It's better not to debate with me & talk about things in general without accusing or implying anything about me. After I've calmed down I might start to process & consider an opposing viewpoint.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BillyTree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Today, 4:41 pm

I once read about a psycological experiment that came to the conclusion that people chose an opinion first and then after that seek out the facts to back it up.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 4:44 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I have some strong opinions on certain topics, but I tend to keep them to myself. Opinions are inevitably offensive to someone and I don't purposely set out to offend people.

You shouldn't have to worry about offending people with harmless optinions really but it's almost an impossible task these days.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 4:45 pm

babybird wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

You shouldn't have to worry about offending people with harmless optinions really but it's almost an impossible task these days.

Yeah. :/

The world has gone mad. :lol: