How does 40 year old look any different than a 38 year old?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2024, 6:51 pm

I don't know why but I seem to think I get sick of the ages of people being mentioned especially in the media, I know I have written some threads about but I seem to think if we didn't group people by certain ages or put someone's age down in a story like for example: an older adult celebrity having a relationship with a younger adult celebrity then maybe I wouldn't worry about it or talk about it much. I just hate sometimes the shaming of it or some people saying someone is ''too old'' to be going out with that person or someone is ''too old'' to be doing a certain type of activity. Surely if someone is mature enough or physically able to do something then why should their age matter ?

I seem to think there are some famous people in their early 40s who are attractive. I also seem to think the American actress Bryce Dallas Howard looks lovely even when I saw her in the movie Jurassic World Dominion. She didn't look any different than she did in the last Jurassic World films in her mid or late 30s.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2024, 8:06 pm

I agree that there seems to be some kind of preoccupation with age. And I agree that age doesn't matter.

I am 60 and I feel exactly the same as I did when I was 40. And I don't look very different either.

I think that when I was a kid older people were much older, not only because people live longer now, but because people were more rigid about meeting societal expectations. When my grandmother was 60 she never would have worn sneakers and jeans, or wore her hair in a natural way, which I do. It's different now. People can and should feel free to do whatever works for them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2024, 9:30 pm

I don't think there's much of a difference to tell these days. People express their individuality in many different ways. People are no longer bound to norms related to age and gender. I'm glad this is now and not an earlier time.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 1:02 pm

They look about two years older. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 11:59 pm

I look far different than I did from present decade to previous decade. :| gravity and the years under the sun spare nobody.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 12:10 am

auntblabby wrote:
I look far different than I did from present decade to previous decade. :| gravity and the years under the sun spare nobody.

True words, auntblabby!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 12:19 am

but i wish they were a lie :oops: :bigsmurf:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 2:07 am

It's one thing to compare 8 year olds to 10 year olds, and 18 year olds to 20 year olds.

It's another to compare 28 year olds to 30 year olds, 38 year olds to 40 year olds, 48 year olds to 50 year olds...

There should be a name for this cognitive illusion.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 4:45 am

auntblabby wrote:

Fortunately I'm wearing my anti-gravity underpants

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 11:30 am

I suspect it is something NTs care about.