Men: would you want to wear make up?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 3:17 pm

If it was widely accepted by society and a man wearing lipstick or eyeshades wouldn't be any more weird that a woman doing this? :) And what about jewellery, high heels, hair decorations and colorful clothes with flower pattern on? :) Would you wear this, if it wasn't considered weird?

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

If I want to find an easy and quick way to get violently stabbed to death by criminals and gangsta's in Brussels, then wearing make-up would be a pretty damn good idea.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 3:39 pm

If the clothing style by the mainstream NT males are anything to go by, its only a matter of time. Even if it was accepted in society, I wouldn't use it. I feel it would give a false perception of my true appearance, besides I hear that make up makes your face itchy!

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 3:43 pm

Colinn wrote:
If the clothing style by the mainstream NT males are anything to go by, its only a matter of time. Even if it was accepted in society, I wouldn't use it. I feel it would give a false perception of my true appearance, besides I hear that make up makes your face itchy!

Well at least that would distract our minds from our butt-itches a lot of times.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 3:48 pm

Interesting question. Maybe, I don't know. If I had been brought up in a society where all men use high heels and wear makeup and use shiny jewelry, that would have probably influenced me in some way. And if it was a faux pass to NOT wear makeup, or inconvenient in some situations, I'd probably have to compromise.

As of now, the less things I have to bother about the better. I do put some effort in looking good, but there is this girl who takes one hour getting ready every day. I wouldn't like that for myself.

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 4:20 pm

No. I don't particularly like makeup on women and I certainly wouldn't to use it on myself.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 6:57 pm

No. I do not need the extra maintenance; it would merley serve as yet another inconvenience.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 7:08 pm

Colinn wrote:

It's very itchy. I can't wear the stuff; doesn't matter if it's hypoallergenic or a special kind. It always does the same thing, and it rubs off on my clothing when I itch.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 9:12 pm

I think I could. :lol: Just what I want more people looking at my eyes.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 9:26 pm

I went to high school with a really stuck up boy who wore foundation makeup and powder on picture day because he had a zit.

I do think that the "heroin chic" type eye makeup looks good on some types of guys though, and I think the eyeliner that Indian guys wear for some formal occasions looks really good.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 9:49 pm

I have no interest in it.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

OhioStateDolphins
Raven
Raven

24 Jul 2012, 9:59 pm

Nope. I'm quite fine without it. I am also happy I don't have to spend an hour to get ready to go out somewhere :D

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 11:24 pm

My mind is mainly attracted to natural aspects of appearence. Once in a while I'll see some style or adornment, like in a old culture (say the Masai warrior for instance) that I think looks pretty cool. But generally I see individual modern attempts as simple vanity.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 11:46 pm

No. It's bad enough that I have to shave, shower and try to put on clothes without holes and stains, you want me to do more than that? Sorry, but if I was a chick, about the only person who would be turned on by me would be...well the male me! :lol:

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 1:37 am

Irulan wrote:
If it was widely accepted by society and a man wearing lipstick or eyeshades wouldn't be any more weird that a woman doing this? :) And what about jewellery, high heels, hair decorations and colorful clothes with flower pattern on? :) Would you wear this, if it wasn't considered weird?

it would be cool if more men felt free to dress like that if they wanted.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 2:08 am

I would not wear makeup because I don't like makeup on me or even women. I like to be natural, to me that is when a human being is most beautiful. Applying makeup seems time consuming too.

I don't wear jewelry of any sort, it does not fit me, and I find it a waste of money. At most I would wear a ring.

High heels, definitely not. Although men do often wear high heeled shoes, like dress shoes and what not. I still would not. It's uncomfortable and I have better shoes for my feet that feel and look better.

Hair decorations, nope. I'm just not that kind of guy who would look good with them. I don't care if anybody else does this stuff, but it's not for me. I'm no manly man kind of guy, but none of this stuff is fitting to me.

I think everyone should be able to dress in whatever they want without feeling ashamed.