Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 1:45 pm

Do you keep a dream book in which you describe what you have dreamed about? Now I do it, writing down my dreams in there if only I am able to recall them, some of them are funny like the first dream I put in it in which some woman informed me that “limestone combs made of broad beans are helpful in getting rid of dandruff”. 8O

Recently it occurred to me that majority of people (or at least people I know) don’t seem to have too vivid or detailed dreams, those with whom I was talking about dreaming some time ago were surprised mine were so: larded with many details, vivid and with unusual content (like the one in which my mom was giving me head; she was disgusted when I told her about my dream later; she loathes LGBT people :twisted: ).

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 2:34 pm

When I was twelve, I had the idea to draw my dreams, but I think I only ever drew one. My dreams are usually humdrum stuff about working, riding in a tram, or trying to get to sleep while strangers are invading my flat. Every now and then though, I dream whole epics with convoluted plots and lots of details and atmosphere. I always wonder what causes these vivid dreams.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 3:29 pm

yay dreams are my "interest" lol

I read dream interpretation books, the best are the ones where it's an A-Z of things and they tell you what each mean.
I have drawn my dreams a few times and I like to write them if they're interesting enough so I can read them later when I'm bored. Luckily I have an amazing memory when it comes to dreams, I remember dreams from when I was about 4.

rainbowbutterfly
Toucan
Toucan

19 May 2009, 6:42 pm

I tend to have a lot of random, crazy and vivid dreams that I remember. I remember a lot of dreams since I was a kid. (Most of my dreams have been nightmares. Though, this has improved with learning lucid dreaming lately.)
I have 2 journals for recording my recent dreams. In one journal, I go through an entire process of writing down the dreams, keywords, background, and interpretation. In order to interpret the symbols, I either do free association, or look things up in my dream dictionary. After I do these things, I write down the meaning of the dreams, and how I can take action in real life to respond to the dreams' messages. However, this is a very long process and I don't always have the time to go through with it, so that's why I have my 2nd dream journal.
In this situation, I write down all my dreams in the 2nd dream journal without analyzing each symbol. In my 2nd dream journal I try to find the meaning of my dreams by using another method I learned in a dreams course. In this method, I simply just read a bunch of entries and try to look for themes that repeat from dream to dream in order to figure out their message.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 May 2009, 8:42 pm

Sometimes if I have really unusual dream I will write it down in a word document. I have also posted some of my dreams here on the WP in a thread about dreams. I had a funny one during the winter that came with a title, "The Amish Aspies Meet the Phantom of the Opry."

I wish that a machine could be invented where our dreams could be recorded onto DVD. Wouldn't that be interesting? And maybe we could even use our brains to think movies that could be recorded as well. I wonder if that is even theoretically possible.

knowledgeiskey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 May 2009, 9:42 pm

glider18 wrote:
Sometimes if I have really unusual dream I will write it down in a word document. I have also posted some of my dreams here on the WP in a thread about dreams. I had a funny one during the winter that came with a title, "The Amish Aspies Meet the Phantom of the Opry."

I wish that a machine could be invented where our dreams could be recorded onto DVD. Wouldn't that be interesting? And maybe we could even use our brains to think movies that could be recorded as well. I wonder if that is even theoretically possible.

In Asia, they are actually working on that. I forgot which country though.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 May 2009, 9:45 pm

Hi knowlegeiskey---if you hear anymore about that please keep me informed. That would be fascinating.

knowledgeiskey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 May 2009, 9:52 pm

glider18 wrote:
Hi knowlegeiskey---if you hear anymore about that please keep me informed. That would be fascinating.

Actually, It's in Japan.

I did some searching and found this video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MElU0UW0V3Q[/youtube]

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 11:32 pm

WTF, you told your mom about that dream??? XD XD XD

Anyway yeah, I keep a word file that I write the interesting ones in. I have vivid ones too. Lots of ones with big things falling out of the sky lately. It's really kind of epic.

typ3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2009, 3:56 am

Ironically, most of my dreams are big social hangouts, either with friends or family. Also sort of ironic is I almost never remember talking in any of them. Around that is usually a relative's house, school, or mall-ish setting, with pretty odd post-modern architecture. High contrast but not black and white is usually the color scheme. I also always seem to need to get somewhere or another.

I also fall in and out of lucid dreaming phases, where I would LD like three times or so a week for a month, to only have bad recall and no LDs for months at a time.

My first lucid dream occurred from remembering recurrent nightmare, piece by piece. It took place in a middle of a dark labyrinth, where I'd have to find my way through the maze. If I went the wrong way, there was a horrible creature waiting to tear me to shreds. I memorized the correct path and eventually realized I was dreaming probably the 10th time I had the dream. From that point on, lucid dreams would pop up here and there over the years, usually bursting out in vivid magnificence that would usually transform the dream completely. The world would spiral in a beautiful collage and I would take off flying, or near instantly conquer whatever nightmare I had and roam the dreamworld like a super saiyan. :lol:

However, most of my most recent LDs are pretty dull. I'll find myself trying to figure out what to do, with no change to the dream world, and I usually lose the lucidity in a couple of minutes. A lot of times I can't think of a single thing to do at all, and I just go along with the dream, consciously. I can do some pretty cool stuff if I want to though, like materializing things or people, teleportation and flying, shooting beams that can destroy or freeze, transforming the "style" of the scenery (such as from normal real life to vibrant cartoony world), and always knowing the right direction to go if I want to just walk somewhere specific, and probably a couple other things I can't think of.

OH CRAP. I just went back and realized this is a topic about dream books, not dreaming in general. :oops:
Dream books usually rape any meaning of my dreams. Just because I'm walking through a whole bunch of spiders doesn't mean the scenario is symbolic to a problem or depression in my life! In my opinion, dreams aren't as symbolic as much as people are apt to put meaning to things that stick out.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 4:21 am

yes, I keep one online.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 4:26 am

MONKEY wrote:
Luckily I have an amazing memory when it comes to dreams, I remember dreams from when I was about 4.

The earliest one in my life I remember comes from the time when I was 4. It was a very short dream about one of our cats that was looking into a well and I was afraid she might fall into it. I remember I told mom I had it but back then I didn’t think I ever had a dream before, I simply assumed it must be it because although at 4 I never talked abut dreaming with anybody (maybe I came across this term in a book at best, I have no idea), I knew it was called a dream when you saw images in your head while sleeping.

glider18 wrote:

I wish that a machine could be invented where our dreams could be recorded onto DVD. Wouldn't that be interesting? And maybe we could even use our brains to think movies that could be recorded as well.

I posted some of my dreams in such a thread in here too. In Ian McDonald’s “Hearts, Hands and Voices” recording dreams was possible, one girl, Mathinde earned a living by selling her dreams.

wigglyspider wrote:
WTF, you told your mom about that dream??? XD XD XD

Yes as it was so funny. She was so disgusted :lol: . She was like ewww. :twisted: :lol:

typ3 wrote:

Dream books usually rape any meaning of my dreams. Just because I'm walking through a whole bunch of spiders doesn't mean the scenario is symbolic to a problem or depression in my life! In my opinion, dreams aren't as symbolic as much as people are apt to put meaning to things that stick out.

When I dream about something it simply means I thought about it a lot or that I read about this thing which later appeared in my dream.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 4:27 am

Edit: double post

typ3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2009, 4:41 am

Irulan wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
When I dream about something it simply means I thought about it a lot or that I read about this thing which later appeared in my dream.

Sometimes if I'm thinking a whole bunch before my dream, not a single thing that I thought about will be left out from the dream. Its kind of bizarre that that happens, considering there's about a 90 minute gap between falling asleep and REM dreaming.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 5:27 am

buryuntime wrote:
yes, I keep one online.

Give us the link :D

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 May 2009, 6:21 am

Thank you Knowledgeiskey---what an incredible idea/invention. There could be some really unusual movies that could made with something like that. I haven't been able to watch the video yet because at the school where I teach we can't get online videos to play. I will watch it when I get home---anxious to see it in action.