My "Perfect" Plush Bed...hangout...thing...lol

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:22 pm

I was in the mall this evening and went into this really fancy shop that had a lot of vintage-type and shiny stuff...it's very rare that I go into a store with that kind of merchandise and end up wanting to take home something from it on the spot (a lot of that stuff is too expensive and delicate-looking for my tastes) but right when I walked in, I saw this bed....

I think this "bed" is actually some couches pushed together to form a bed-like furniture piece, but it's still really cool, and I still want it. :D As the floppy polar bear plushie (which was not mine) demonstrates, the backboard/headboard/whatever it's called would make a wonderful place to line up/pile up a bunch of plushies and pillows, allowing the "sleeper" to enter the bed from the front and then just burrow in amongst blankets, pillows, and plushies. :D Just think of all the sensory input that would provide, probably.

I kind of have that now with the bed I sleep in at my dorm, although my bed faces one of those cinderblock walls and I've had to create a sort of "plush wall" and snuggle into that at night. Besides, this bed/conglomeration of sofas looks like it would be much more comfy. :)

...If I had some kind of photoshop software, I would have superimposed a photo of some of my plushies onto the photo I took in order to provide a better visual aid. :oops:

Anyway, just wanted to share this...would anyone else enjoy something like I described re: the bed, or is it just me? :oops:

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 12:01 am

Great couch - terrible bed for anyone who wants to lie flat. Maybe you're short enough that you could? At 6'4 I'd be veeeerrry uncomfortable.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 12:28 am

BlueMax wrote:
Great couch - terrible bed for anyone who wants to lie flat. Maybe you're short enough that you could? At 6'4 I'd be veeeerrry uncomfortable.

Yes, you have a point there....that detail was actually what made me think that it was in fact a bunch of couches pushed together to form a bed. If it was completely flat, then that would be awesome. I'm tall enough that the uneven-ness would bother me, too.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 1:09 am

Gimme.

Sylkat

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 2:42 am

That sounds amazing! I'd love to have something like that for myself too! :D

BlueBean