Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Glorifel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2012, 5:09 pm

I cry a lot, but only when I'm alone. I never want to cry in front of anyone unless they are my partner. I have extreme difficulties with showing emotions to others.

G.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

30 Sep 2012, 2:17 am

Sorry to bring this back up.... I would also tear up if my lover hugged me, and I'd say to her, "I love you, I love you...."

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Nighteyes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Sep 2012, 3:48 am

The last time I cried was 10 years ago and that was out of frustration trying to get people to understand me. I can't cry with situations involving real people, I worry if I go to a funeral that people will notice that I am not crying and pull me up on it, and being at them makes me so nervous I usually end up smiling to try and cover my nerves, which is awkward... however I can well up over a film if I feel the character is like me or has been wronged enough etc.

Buttoneater
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

I can cry on command, the easiest way for me is to feel empathy for a character I've written or am improvising. I really should start auditioning for stuff instead of performing only for my own amusement in my bedroom. I mean, I've spent probably 60 minutes crying today, just to fight off boredom.

nokosage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Sep 2012, 4:35 pm

I seemed completely incapable of crying for a few years and it's only in this past one that I have learnt how to let tears out again. It is an enjoyable feeling, really, and I much prefer to cry than to hoard internal suffering.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Sep 2012, 9:39 pm

I didn't cry much till I fell into a sever depression when I was 20. I was having crying spells most every night for a while & then I started having to cry during the day too before doing anything because I would feel like I needed to cry when I was in the middle of things or with other people if I didn't cry before doing it. It was like an addiction cycle. I started crying less when my depression got better which was a long process. I haven't cried in a while now.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 10:06 pm

Shatbat wrote:
Interesting. The times I've cried out of sadness, grief and sorrow are in the digits, but I used to cry out of repressed anger and frustation waay more often than I liked. Hasn't happened in years though.

Dido :?

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

01 Oct 2012, 2:33 am

I usually don't cry because I'm mostly happy all the time. But these days I've been crying and feeling lost way more than usual.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 2:34 pm

It's very hard for me to cry. I can't do it, even though I want to every day. :(

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 6:16 am

equestriatola wrote:
It's all about crying. Here you can simply discuss your attitudes towards it.
----
As an adult, I almost never cry now; even when someone close to me dies. (Even in that instance, I just smile, and say, "It was great to know ya..... and see ya on the other side". and NO, I'm not being heartless, I'm being appreciative and grateful towards that person.)

The only time I tend to do it now is I tend to hear a song so beautiful and touching......... I shed a few tears.

I feel exactly the same way. Didn't cry at all when my grandma died. But I don't feel as intensely happy about things as I used to either.

VH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2012, 6:56 am

I only ever used to cry when I was injured during my childhood, and a couple of traumatic events during adolescence too. Other than that, I rarely seem to cry which is quite strange.

If I'm upset, I usually enter a quieter than normal mood of Depression, it's strange.

SpiderJeruz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Oct 2012, 7:21 am

Like once a year, maybe.
I get sad, I'm just to hard headed to break down and cry.
Crying is good.
Last time I cryed I was at my wit's end.
My brand new phone, mp3 player, and PC monitor we're stolen by people I knew.
I had almost been mugged days prior. I ran and broke my ankle to the point of bleeding.
Then I had to walk a mile or so on it. A few days of rest later, these people come over.
They stole my things right under my nose, despite them being hidden cleverly.
I was Piiiiiiiiiiiiissssed with a capital P. So I went down the block.
I attempted to fight them on this broken ankle. I screamed and wilded out.
About 10 people I hobbled up to. I got my ass beat, but never let up.
I got two black eyes and busted lip. I didn't even feel the pain.
I fought threw and persisted on them until someone came over and broke it up...
I went home. I sat down, lit a cigarette. and played this song:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBDLY9im6jY[/youtube]

And I cried. Reminded that evil people exist.
Reminded that I haven't been the greatest brother in the world.
Of things I did and how I could have just gone along with everything.
I came to the conclusion that it's no one's fault.
and things just happen sometimes.
I think people need to cry when dealing with emotional turmoil like that...
Sorry to be all depressing. That's some real stuff, though.
Watch your back. Aspies can be a bit too trusting sometimes.
I still give people the benefit of the doubt 9 times out of 10.
That time I had had it. I tracked the calls they made.
I knew it was them. I'm not stupid.

That's about the only time I will break down and cry.
About the only time I had cried in years, probably.

phyrehawke
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2012, 10:22 am

Wow that was a tough day Spider, and yes we can be too trusting. I'm glad you made it through and learned a thing or two. Me too lately.

Mostly when I cry I just get tear up and stop. Once in awhile I'll really have a real cry, only around safe people or when nobody else is around.
Not that I cried a lot when I was a kid, but I got hit for it, so even though I remind myself I am allowed to cry and nobody is going to hurt me for it now I'm still self conscious and can be somewhat guarded about it. I'm not very comfortable with any strong emotions, and it's good for me to hear I'm not the only one who gets left feeling the odd one out when everybody else is upset, and I'm not and can't find a good reason to be.

I'm often confused about this emotion in a similar way to the rest of you that probably has nothing to do with the abuse. The general lack of crying was handy working in the hospital because situations that overwhelmed my coworkers emotionally would have them in tears in the nurses station and I'd still be working, puzzled over what about the situation had them so upset (because it wasn't personal...these were strangers). I simply couldn't see how tears fixed/helped anything, and I was told my detachment is a gift in some situations. It helps me make logical decisions when people around me are making emotional decisions, and that's not a bad thing.
My meltdowns are emotional and at the end logic is always waiting to go "Ok, now that I'm done with that, what was/is the problem and what can I DO to fix it?". I've also noticed I am a lot less upset on a gluten free diet. That has improved a lot of things for me.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 5:38 am

Reading bittersweet love fics really does make me cry........ it would make anybody cry, I say.

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2012, 6:21 pm

I don't really cry much. When I'm waking up in the morning, I tear up a little. I don't know why, it isn't anything emotional. Never when I'm hurt, although I think I would if it were really, really bad. Funny thing, if I'm in a situation where I have to talk about my Asperger's and I don't want to, I kind of cry, but not really. It's just a ton of tears running freely. Other than that, emotionally I can trigger an empathetic crying response at will if I see someone else crying, and I believe the situation is appropriate. The only time that I can remember really crying from emotion was when I found out that a beloved teacher had died, and at my grandfather's(who I knew very well) funeral.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 6:53 am

I sometimes write stories where I cry because of the fact that I get the feeling the world is cruel to me; usually it is a woman that comforts me in the story and tells me my life has been good.