Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 5:36 pm

As above.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 5:53 pm

Just about. I think they'd stopped using him by the time I was old enough to really know what was going on but I have vague recollections of it.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 6:01 pm

Yep. He was on the adverts. :D

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 6:12 pm

I remember Bubsy

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 6:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I remember Bubsy

Haha. No!

Look up Buzby!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 10:34 pm

I remember Buzby.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2023, 9:59 am

:D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2023, 10:03 am

I do

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2023, 10:35 am

That's him! I remember when in school we had to walk two miles (As a school) to go to plant trees in a tree planting ceremony (Which were mowed down within a few months to a year by a local athority employee who didn't care) and on the way we saw someone had thrown a phone handset (The bit one picked up and held) which was wrapped round the electricity lines by its chord, and one teacher said to the other something like "Buzby is calling" pointing at the phone. They laughed and as young kids we remembered it. I think I was around seven or eight at the time. As a school we would regularly walk a few miles. Busses were only provided if we had around six miles each way to cover, as it would take too long to walk, especially if we were young. Younger than six or seven would still be expected to walk half a mile. Only one teacher for 30 kids was normal in those days due to strict discipline. Strict but fair. It wasn't like stories of out and out beatings. Even when I spent most of the year age 5 locked in a room on my own unknown to my Mum because a teacher had a difference of oppinion, I was only hit or shook occasionally and then not too severe. I just thought it was "Normal" to be locked in a room on my own, but I don't know what happened to my dinner money as I rarely had dinner. It did save me from the bullying of the year before by a classmate so I found it a relief to be on my own. Just boring sitting there with nothing to do but play with my daydreamy thoughts!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2023, 10:40 am

Yeah I can imagine