How do you feel about restaurants?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2018, 9:37 pm

I generally prefer to eat at home. Restaurants are slower, more chaotic, and less convenient. But the worst part for me is giving my order to the waiter/waitress; because of my weak voice, they tend to invade my personal space a bit in effort to hear me, and sometimes they mishear what I'm saying even then. It's embarrassing, and I dread it every time I have to go out for a meal with my parents. Sometimes my parents step in to order my food for me, which isn't much better, since it just makes me feel like a baby. If I do manage to live on my own when the time comes, I can't see myself ever going to a restaurant unless it's to spend time with another person. That's not to say I don't enjoy the food most of the time, I just feel like it's not really worth the trouble.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2018, 10:06 pm

If on my own I would just get take out food from a restaurant like I am eating right now.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Apr 2018, 12:48 am

As a very picky eater who cant cook, I like going to restaurants if they have food that I eat, not super expensive(or someone else is paying), & the food is decent quality. I also get bored being home a lot so it's kind of nice to eat out for a change of scenery.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

19 Apr 2018, 12:50 am

I'm the opposite, eating at home all the time starts to send me a little "stir-crazy" after a while. Going out changes things up and allows me to clear my head.

Last edited by 1stSauce on 19 Apr 2018, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 12:55 am

I like going to restaurants but the only thing that makes me anxious is small children. It seems that even the most expensive, posher restaurants with adult sort of themes and calming music are family-friendly, and people decide to drag their brats along to them and destroy your peace. :roll:

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 1:48 am

I don't hate going to restaurants if I'm familiar with them but I've never really seen the point. I prefer my own cooking and being at home in the evening. They often ruin things by making them too fancy. Last time I went to one they put caramel sauce over my fruit pie and custard :( ruined.

I don't mind small cafes though if their not really busy particularly ones where they are used to me.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 4:25 am

Well I like the food in some restaurants and go to them to get the said food if it's something I can't make/something they do a lot better, but aside from one restaurant I don't like those places, just their food. The place I do like doesn't usually have a lot of customers so it's peacefull and it's a Japanese restaurant that has a lot of interesting stuff I can look at while I wait. I just can't go there (or any restaurant) often 'cause eating out is so expensive.

Elenna488
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2018, 9:20 am

Restaurants are terrible for me too. I also hate giving my order to the waiter my bf usually does it for me which people assume is chivalry. If not it is super awkward with me trying to avoid eye contact without feeling rude. And trying to make a choice is always hard to because I'm very picky.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 11:04 am

I work 2nd shift and sometimes to treat myself at the end of the week, I'll go to a 24hr restaurant after my shift is over at 3am. It's usually nice and quiet.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 11:27 am

I don't care for restaurants. They're too formal for me and the staff are too formal calling people gendered pronouns.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 6:35 pm

I love going out to eat!! !

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 9:13 pm

After reading "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain, I don't feel good about them at all. I'd rather eat home.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2018, 2:33 am

I prefer to go to restaurants during non-peak hours when it's a lot less crowded and quiet. The service is usually always much quicker then, too. A problem I've had with carryout more than once is getting all the way home and ready to eat.......only to find out that they gave me the wrong order! :x

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Apr 2018, 4:38 am

Raptor wrote:
I prefer to go to restaurants during non-peak hours when it's a lot less crowded and quiet. The service is usually always much quicker then, too. A problem I've had with carryout more than once is getting all the way home and ready to eat.......only to find out that they gave me the wrong order! :x
My suggestion would be to look before you leave the place. My parents learned to check food in the drive-through window at fast-food places before they drive off because things have been wrong more than a few times.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2018, 5:02 am

Restaurants, especially when busy, are far too loud.
I went to the breakfast club in Shoreditch, a fairly popular place in East London, and I spent the majority of the time covering my ears with my hands.
The food varied too much and the air was congested, so I felt too queasy to eat.

I love eating out to experiment with different foods but loud overcrowded restaurants aren't my thing.

I do take a while to pick a meal but that doesn't bother me unless I'm already uncomfortable.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2018, 5:36 am

Places to go only when you strictly have to.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.