Why do helicopters just mindlessly hover above?!

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 3:59 pm

Misslizard wrote:
In my area they are either looking for weed,it's air evac (takes an hours drive to nearest hospital,they fly out critical patients),military training,or GASP,the dreaded black helicopter.I and several neighbors saw one,I don't believe all that conspiracy stuff,I think it was just a special Op copter on some training mission.We get alot of military fly overs here,C130s and little fast jets and big double prop copters.And some weird spy looking planes that had what looked like discs on them,satellite or radar?

Uh-huh, that's just what they want you to think ....

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2012, 4:27 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
They can see you ......

I know, that is kind of the point..... I do know how FLIR works... They have flashed the spotlight at me a few times.

When they are so low I can FEEL the rotor wash, I can see the rivets on the aluminum airframe. AT NIGHT..... they are too low.

I was not joking when I said I lived on the glide path for the local city center airport...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 4:49 pm

They fly to low here also,they have panicked people's animals and sent cows and horses running into fences,they were so low over my house you could see the guys face!Plus it freaked my Ringneck doves out and they were flying into the walls of the aviary.One neighbor is a Navy-seal Vietnam Vet with PTSD and when they do ther low fly overs he has anxiety attacks,that's so unfair to him.I get Air -evac but hovering right over my house is uncalled for,I think they were trying to look in my skylight. :evil:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 5:17 pm

OK, I was going to post another jokey comment, but I draw the line at people who scare birds.
Make a sign to hold up next time, and let them know they're panicking defenseless animals.

#@^&*%$ ! !! !

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 6:06 pm

I had thought about arranging white rocks with a very special(unprintable)message for them, maybe a big sign would help.I'll find out next fall when they invade everyone's privacy again.Think of all the fuel they are needlessly burning.

Theuniverseman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Oct 2012, 6:23 pm

again_with_this wrote:
Nighttime thermal imaging. Probably looking for possible indoor marijuana growth. The police are desperate to bring anyone in. It's all about $$$.

Because the last thing this country needs is a bunch of peace loving pot heads hanging out in basements not harming anyone.

Systemizing quotient - 52
Aspie-quiz ? AS: 151 NT: 61

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 7:09 pm

I'm now wondering about the thermal imagery,I keep reptiles so I have heat lamps and full spectrum lighting for them,some people are using halides for reptiles now.Maybe my house does give off weird heat signatures. 8O

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 8:04 am

They are looking for either weed, somebody running from the cops, or somebody injured that needs to be flown out. I doubt they just hover over residential neighborhoods for the scenery.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 8:17 am

I live in a suburb of the Gold Coast, in Queensland, Australia
and helicopters fly over head and fly around in circles...oftenly,
and I have just had an epiphany!
The next time that happens, I will get some one else to ring up and ask why!
OMG!
I am a genius!

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 8:27 am

If they're flying over big cities it can sometimes be a news traffic chopper.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 8:40 am

Watching you fap on infra red most likely.

Occasionally they do something useful

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 8:49 am

^ They hover over your house numerous times in an evening I take it? :lol:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 10:47 am

Misslizard wrote:
I'm now wondering about the thermal imagery,I keep reptiles so I have heat lamps and full spectrum lighting for them,some people are using halides for reptiles now.Maybe my house does give off weird heat signatures. 8O

That's quite possible. Beware of strangers coming to your front door who want to 'score some weed, man'.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 11:00 am

MarthaCannary wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
They can see you ......

I know, that is kind of the point..... I do know how FLIR works... They have flashed the spotlight at me a few times.

When they are so low I can FEEL the rotor wash, I can see the rivets on the aluminum airframe. AT NIGHT..... they are too low.

I was not joking when I said I lived on the glide path for the local city center airport...

i have once had a chopper looking at me, i was at the computer on yahoo messenger doing webcam chat with a friend in Alabama about my norton closer (the one in my display image )(about 3 or 4 years ago) and friend asks what was the noise and i opened the blind and window and pointed my webcam (logitech 5000) out the window. and seen it was a helicopter really close to house. i suspect maybe the pilot (it was a state police chopper) may have though my 6 lb aluminum alloy closer or the webcam was some form of gun?? while i was being watched i moved the closer arm to indicate it's not meant to hurt someone, its just nothing more then a device that pulls a door shut, then the chopper left.

i was kind of afraid to wave hello fearing it may mean that im a suspect giving up and be arrested just for waving hello to a state police pilot.

-Jess

Asc3000
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Oct 2012, 11:44 am

If it's a police helicopter you can call the local pd and ask what's going on. They usually tell you.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 11:58 am

Asc3000 wrote:
If it's a police helicopter you can call the local pd and ask what's going on. They usually tell you.

"Helicopter? What helicopter? We don't have helicopters."