Page 286 of 291 [ 4647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289 ... 291  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,323
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

15 May 2020, 2:06 pm

martianprincess wrote:
A book (An Anthropologist on Mars, by Oliver Sacks). Normally I'd go to the library and borrow a book, but it's still closed.


They're still working on how to spray the pages with alcohol without dissolving the ink. :P



martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,992
Location: Kansas

15 May 2020, 4:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
A book (An Anthropologist on Mars, by Oliver Sacks). Normally I'd go to the library and borrow a book, but it's still closed.


They're still working on how to spray the pages with alcohol without dissolving the ink. :P


:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


_________________
The phone ping from a pillow fort in a corn maze
I don't have a horse in your war games
I don't even really like horses
I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits


AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,508
Location: Portland, Oregon

15 May 2020, 9:16 pm

A bottle of hand soap and a small package of double-blade razors for $1 each.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

17 May 2020, 1:51 pm

Swedish saber M/1899 for Non-Commisioned Officers of the infantry and the supply-train.

Image
(not mine, but same model and almost as nice-looking)


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,473
Location: The Labyrinth of Leviathan

17 May 2020, 2:39 pm

American McGee’s Alice, for the PC. I stumbled upon it during one of those hours-long Internet-browsing sessions where you keep clicking on “related” things and end up somewhere completely different from where you started, and it looks delightfully creepy.


_________________
Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

When you assume, it makes an a** out of u and me.

I have increasing memory issues, and a tendency to forget that I forget everything. Please don't take it personally if I forget something, it probably says absolutely nothing about how important the thing is/isn’t to me.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,323
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

17 May 2020, 7:26 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Swedish saber M/1899 for Non-Commisioned Officers of the infantry and the supply-train.

Image
(not mine, but same model and almost as nice-looking)


Nice.

This will be the next sword I buy:

Image



Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,964
Location: California,USA

21 May 2020, 2:38 am

I ordered dinner & more food online, restaurants need money :D :D I bought stuff at Walmart online, I hate when prices go up.


_________________
You are my shining star that shine so bright that guide me to the light, so keep on rockin', cuz That's Rock and Roll


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 98,227
Location: the island of defective toy santas

21 May 2020, 3:14 am

most kindsa inflation suck big wind. :|



Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

21 May 2020, 4:04 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Swedish saber M/1899 for Non-Commisioned Officers of the infantry and the supply-train.

Image
(not mine, but same model and almost as nice-looking)


Nice.

This will be the next sword I buy:

Image



A Blücher saber. You are man of wealth and taste, sir. I heard the CS versions had a messed up distal taper, but I think they fixed that in later generations. Sweden bought and used these once the Brits decided to replace them, so I might spring for an original at some point (my wallet won't be too happy, though).


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,323
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

21 May 2020, 4:19 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Swedish saber M/1899 for Non-Commisioned Officers of the infantry and the supply-train.

Image
(not mine, but same model and almost as nice-looking)


Nice.

This will be the next sword I buy:

Image



A Blücher saber. You are man of wealth and taste, sir. I heard the CS versions had a messed up distal taper, but I think they fixed that in later generations. Sweden bought and used these once the Brits decided to replace them, so I might spring for an original at some point (my wallet won't be too happy, though).


I'd be worried about damaging an antique, but I imagine that will be a beast for cutting mats.

Relevant:



Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,964
Location: California,USA

23 May 2020, 12:54 am

I ordered groceries & I bought food online, I got

Cobb Salad for dinner tonight
Lobster Grilled Cheese for lunch tomorrow
Regular Slaw
Smoked Pastrami dinner tomorrow
Garden Salad


_________________
You are my shining star that shine so bright that guide me to the light, so keep on rockin', cuz That's Rock and Roll


xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,508
Location: Inferno Faction

23 May 2020, 11:19 am

Makeup, skincare, a foundation brush and perfume for my birthday coming up


_________________
“The most sophisticated people I know- inside they are all children “
-Jim Henson


blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,793

23 May 2020, 7:10 pm

Oh cool. I bought gifts and food
On the weekend i bought hundreds of dollars worth of stuff in hope of learning perfumery like my cousin who now makes commissioned perfumes for royalty around the world.

The course just beginner level costs over 600 dollars though. So i didnt purchase it.

I bought 3 antique-ish (from 1920s) perfume oils (2 from tunisia n one from Egypt).


I bought lockets (many ) from etsy, ebay and a locket making company in Brooklyn.

I bought 3 books from thrift store finds ..online (etsy shops)

I bought chains and jewellery making tools


_________________
Take defeat as an urge to greater effort.
-Napoleon Hill


blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,793

23 May 2020, 7:12 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
Makeup, skincare, a foundation brush and perfume for my birthday coming up


My oh cool in prior postwas for you. I think it's great when young girls like you take care of themselves n treat themselves. Happy birthday in advance and on the day do let us know so we can wish you properly


_________________
Take defeat as an urge to greater effort.
-Napoleon Hill


blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,793

23 May 2020, 7:14 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
American McGee’s Alice, for the PC. I stumbled upon it during one of those hours-long Internet-browsing sessions where you keep clicking on “related” things and end up somewhere completely different from where you started, and it looks delightfully creepy.


You are like my youngest brother ..he also enjoys these things.


_________________
Take defeat as an urge to greater effort.
-Napoleon Hill


Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,584
Location: tennessee

27 May 2020, 4:58 pm

slip-on snow/rain boots, clever fox weekly planner, and some language books.


_________________
七転び八起き