Page 262 of 351 [ 5607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 ... 351  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 1:16 am

An ounce.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 8:46 am

fourth season of “inuyasha”(dvd)... also, “yakuza zero”, “puzzle bobble 2” , and “doom(1993)” for ps4.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 2:29 pm

Portable Columbia "Grafonola" obtained through barter. Model 202 made in England--one of the nicest portable gramophones that money can buy and does it ever sound nice!

(I have to clean it & polish it then service the mechanical bits before it is "restored" but it plays superlatively already.)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 2:47 pm

Crisps and liquorice allsorts... I went to get a bag of crisps but you know when you see three packets the same and you pick up one but feel you need to go back to get the other packet instead (Even though all packets are the exact same. I can't explain it)... And as I went bck to swop the packets I needed to make it look natural, so I put the crisps back, picked up the liquorice allsorts, and then made it look like I decided I wanted the crisps after all....And so I picked up the other packet which was the same as the other packets but had something about it...
So I ended up buying the crisps AND the allsorts so I wouldn't be interpreted as being some short of shoplifter.... Not that I can lift a shop....

Gosh. I make it seem like I have a complicated life don't I? :oops:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 3:30 pm

A 1 liter bottle of Diet Coke.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 8:33 pm

I ordered dinner

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 11:12 pm

gourmet burgers and franks and blackberry fritter with fancy ice cream and whipped cream.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 3:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:
gourmet burgers and franks and blackberry fritter with fancy ice cream and whipped cream.

What a delightful feast!
I bought 2 bags of kitty treats and a bottle of water.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 6:57 pm

A pack of druid spell cards for D&D, and two sets of pretty new dice.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 9:53 pm

An energy drink.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 1:07 am

justkillingtime wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

What a delightful feast!
I bought 2 bags of kitty treats and a bottle of water.

so your cats at least had a "fancy feast" of sorts :cat:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 3:30 pm

Chinese takeout for lunch.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 3:18 am

I ordered dinner last night & bought stuff at Walmart, I got a new laundry hamper with wheels & a handle, I also got a basket. I got a Thigh Master too :heart:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 11:56 am

Mitsi has new tyres and new windscreen wiper blades. :heart: She could do with a new motor and seals for the screenwash. The motor is soo rusty. It does work, but needs freeing now and then, which involves a couple of hours work getting to it to free it as the inner wheel acrch cover has to be eemobed (Jack up, remove wheel, remove wheel arch cover with its many fastners etc losen the motor and pull it apart. Free up the shaft and put it all back togerher while battling with a plentiful supply of partial shutdowns. Great! Why it takes me so long!)

So at the moment I have a leak so I am only using water in the screenwash tank, and filling it up prior to driving. It lasts a fair few hours once filled, though people look and assume Mitsi's radiator is leaking!

So that's the next plan. :) Look into a new motor and seals etc, and relegate the motor to easier duties. Ummm. Something to do with model trains springs to mind!

Now wiper blades for Mitsi. Where I last worked, even with staff discount I was looking at just over £20. Mitsi takes a 26" and a 11" blade for the front window. However, when I saw wipers at cheap prices, the largest is a 24" blade and the smallest is around a 18" blade. Prehaps a 16 or 14 on occasions. Unfortunately no 11.

Today I found a store that sold the fancy blades cheaply, and they had a 26" blade and even a 28! However, they only went down to 13" for the smaller one. Uhmmm. Well. I bought a 26 ad a 13 with the plan to see if it was possible to cut down the 13" blade. I decided to put them on as they are. They work. They look like they may collide, but as one blade is about two inches higer then the other at rest, and they both lift together at the same time, they don't touch, and better still, the 13" blade fits fine on the window. I reacon I could have even put a 28" blade instead of the 26 and it would have worked. And the bill. Less then £10. I could even have bought a cheaper pair again of more standard blades, but decided to get these. :)

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 3:26 pm

Two 1GB DDR1 RAM modules for an ancient Thinkpad laptop.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 3:33 pm

A bowl of tomato bisque soup for lunch.