Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 7:06 pm

Last night three friends of mine and I went up Spencer's Butte here in Eugene, Oregon. We brought beer and a grill and were gonna have a cook out in the elements. I was about to crack my second beer when my friend brought my attention to three orangish lights in the sky. I'm not sure how long they were there for but these lights stayed stationary somewhere over the east of Eugene (Ithink it was east) for 30 minuetes before making some erratic zig zag motion and speeding off. They were in a triangular formation so it could have actually been one big thing with lights on each of the points. i dont know. It was way faster than at a jet plane and jet planes cannot make sharp zig zag cuts like those lights we saw. It was weird.

It's eerie because I had two buddies who were first and second year foreign students at my university claim they have seen UFO's in their countries as well (China and Norway). My Norweigian friend said he didn't see any UFO's flying around but he witnessed a huge moving green spiral in the sky a few years back. My Chinese buddy said there was straight up a fleet of UFO's of the skies of norther China wher hes from....I was skeptic but i saw it with my own eyes so now im even more curious.... any of you guys seen something like that before?

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 7:22 pm

Wow! Just one beer and you were already seeing UFOs? :P

Don't worry too much about it. It was probably some completely normal astronomical... thing. I've seen somewhere about some kind of light spiral (I think it was on Russia) with a perfectly rational explanation. Or no explanation at all, I don't remember.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 9:20 pm

Actually the thing in Norway was real and captured/looks very strange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Norwe ... al_anomaly

Same with the Chinese problems, and the same with the russian cloud ring, they are all real.

Even the Phoenix lights (which sounds more like what you saw.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_lights

I actually had a dream the night before I heard about these that I saw a odd ship in the sky with 5 points, then bumped into some aliens that looked like dr seuss and they aimed something at me with their hands and life went to "static" and I died and woke up in heaven/and was on a train of light.

Very strange. (Those lights where close to my old home). But not everything in life can be explained. I mean, it only took us a little more than 6 decades to go from tubes to nano technology. What do you think? lol.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 9:51 pm

Why is it that the consumption of alcohol always seems to be a pre-requisite for UFO sightings?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 10:16 pm

Nim wrote:
Actually the thing in Norway was real and captured/looks very strange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Norwe ... al_anomaly

Same with the Chinese problems, and the same with the russian cloud ring, they are all real.

Even the Phoenix lights (which sounds more like what you saw.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_lights

I actually had a dream the night before I heard about these that I saw a odd ship in the sky with 5 points, then bumped into some aliens that looked like dr seuss and they aimed something at me with their hands and life went to "static" and I died and woke up in heaven/and was on a train of light.

Very strange. (Those lights where close to my old home). But not everything in life can be explained. I mean, it only took us a little more than 6 decades to go from tubes to nano technology. What do you think? lol.

Norway? And I said Russia? I had no idea I was so geographically challenged... :lol:

But I'm sure it has a rational explanation. Just because we don't have the knowledge right now, doesn't mean there is no answer beyond "a wizard/God/an alien did it". Space travel seems too resource and time consuming for me to believe an intelligent alien species would try it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 10:17 pm

I believe that UFOs are out there.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 10:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
Why is it that the consumption of alcohol always seems to be a pre-requisite for UFO sightings?

I've seen them twice and I don't drink.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 10:40 pm

Okay, I stand corrected.

New question: Why do some reports of unidentifiable flying objects include an immediate leap to the assumption that the objects are either (a) extra-terrestrial in origin, or (b) de facto evidence of a secret government conspiracy?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 10:48 pm

Fnord wrote:
Okay, I stand corrected.

New question: Why do some reports of unidentifiable flying objects include an immediate leap to the assumption that the objects are either (a) extra-terrestrial in origin, or (b) de facto evidence of a secret government conspiracy?

....well If its not from earth it is by definition extra -terrestrial. what else could it be? I doubt we posses the technology to build such craft.. whether they intend good or harm remains to be seen however.

also I only had 1 beer when I saw it and im on the bigger side- i assure you i was in no way under the influence of alcohol at that point

Last edited by tangomike on 07 May 2011, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 10:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
Okay, I stand corrected.

If there is some bizarre change to their appearance, it moves in a way no balloon, aircraft, or satellite would, if it's clearly not possible to build with modern technology, or if you find yourself naked on a cold metal table with a probe up your ass!

-Sigmund Freud

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 11:27 pm

tangomike wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Okay, I stand corrected. New question: Why do some reports of unidentifiable flying objects include an immediate leap to the assumption that the objects are either (a) extra-terrestrial in origin, or (b) de facto evidence of a secret government conspiracy?

....well If its not from earth it is by definition extra -terrestrial.

What makes you think that 'it' is not from Earth?
tangomike wrote:
what else could it be? I doubt we posses the technology to build such craft.. whether they intend good or harm remains to be seen however.

Let me suggest this experiment: Place a small light source in an otherwise completely darkened room. The light source should be just bright enough to see from the other side of the room, yet not bright enough to illuminate any other object in the room. No go sit down on the opposite side of the room and look at the light source for several minutes. After a while, it will seem to move around.

Question #1: What did the extra-terrestrial being that was guiding the movement of the light source look like?

Question #2: What does the extra-terrestrial's home-world look like?

Question #3: What is the name of the extra-terrestrial's eldest offspring?

Question #4: What was the extra-terrestrial thinking as he, she, or it moved the light source?

Question #5: What were the intentions of the extra-terrestrial?

Question #6: What other assumptions can be made regarding the extra-terrestrial?

Question #7: Was the light source really moving, or was the apparent movement of the light source actually the result of your vision 'wandering' from the light source?
tangomike wrote:
also I only had 1 beer when I saw it and im on the bigger side- i assure you i was in no way under the influence of alcohol at that point

Yeah ... whatever ... :roll:

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 11:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
tangomike wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Okay, I stand corrected. New question: Why do some reports of unidentifiable flying objects include an immediate leap to the assumption that the objects are either (a) extra-terrestrial in origin, or (b) de facto evidence of a secret government conspiracy?

....well If its not from earth it is by definition extra -terrestrial.

What makes you think that 'it' is not from Earth?
tangomike wrote:
what else could it be? I doubt we posses the technology to build such craft.. whether they intend good or harm remains to be seen however.

Let me suggest this experiment: Place a small light source in an otherwise completely darkened room. The light source should be just bright enough to see from the other side of the room, yet not bright enough to illuminate any other object in the room. No go sit down on the opposite side of the room and look at the light source for several minutes. After a while, it will seem to move around.

Question #1: What did the extra-terrestrial being that was guiding the movement of the light source look like?

Question #2: What does the extra-terrestrial's home-world look like?

Question #3: What is the name of the extra-terrestrial's eldest offspring?

Question #4: What was the extra-terrestrial thinking as he, she, or it moved the light source?

Question #5: What were the intentions of the extra-terrestrial?

Question #6: What other assumptions can be made regarding the extra-terrestrial?

Question #7: Was the light source really moving, or was the apparent movement of the light source actually the result of your vision 'wandering' from the light source?
tangomike wrote:

Yeah ... whatever ... :roll:

i dont know where your getting those question from...theres noway anybody could answer those questions.

#7 however I am very sure I can tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me- they certainly were not last night. I stared at those lights for 30 min and they didnt move at all. they were completely stationary until the end where they made sudden zig zag cuts in the air and bolted off out of visible range.

also show me the person who starts hallucinating after one beer....they must weigh 40 lbs.

I'm not saying an alien invasion is about to happen or anything but I cannot deny what I saw in the sky last night. Apparently mass UFO sightings and activity have increased drastically in the past few years. I dont mean isolated incidents where 1-10 people see UFOs but hundreds and thousands in cities and populated areas.

Also when I was a kid and my grandpa was still alive, he told me many US navy and army soldiers (including himself) saw flying saucers over Pearl Harbor as the Japanese attacked it. They thought they were secret Japanese weapons. I looked into it and the Japanese side also saw the UFOS, the Japanese commander almost called a retreat because of it but a higher ranking officer overruled him.

many UFOS were sighted over Japan before and after the tsunami and earthquake....many were seen during combat operations in WWII in both European and Pacific Theaters (called Foo fighters by American pilots)....and many religious paintings from the past have UFO-like objects hovering around in the background sky....it just seems so eerie that unidentified flying objects which all look fairly similar appear during large events...

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 11:52 pm

Actually there was a "Light Ring" in the skys above Moscow which was pretty cool. Just the spiral was in Norway...

But explain the rocket that launched just recently off California's coast. Who knows what that is? The government. How about recent sightings of lights over Phoenix... who knows what those are? Flares from a military exercise.

Roswell was interesting but they resealed those records before they came public, lol. If the government doesn't know anything they sure have a funny way of showing it. They should atleast give out explanations that make sense in the first place.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 11:58 pm

tangomike wrote:
i dont know where your getting those question from...theres noway anybody could answer those questions.

Then why assume that an extraterrestrial intelligence was involved at all?

Isn't it enough to admire the pretty lights in the sky without also having to imagine little green men behind them?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 12:11 am

The people seeing UFOs when they are drinking is easily explainable. How often to people stop to look at the night sky when they have something important going on? Unless you are kicking back, and that's when many people have a beer, that's when they notice the sky. It's basically Occam's razor. There would probably be a lot more UFO sightings if people weren't so preoccupied.

-Sigmund Freud

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 12:29 am

Fnord wrote:
tangomike wrote:

Then why assume that an extraterrestrial intelligence was involved at all?

Isn't it enough to admire the pretty lights in the sky without also having to imagine little green men behind them?

There is a clear difference between knowing something is not from your own planet and knowing the name of the eldest offspring of the extra terrestrial or their intentions.

Thats like... the difference between writing a love letter and losing your virginity. All of the questions you posed are questions that are answered through either assumption based on the knowledge we have of them, or two they tell us themselves. Since we have not made contact officially we cannot assume anything because we have no information about them. How are you supposed to assume what an alien homeworld looks like if you dont even know the basic anatomy of the alien? If we had a body to disect and learn from then we could probably start making assumptions on what the homeworld looks like but ....idk I mean what you asked is kind of like asking American Indians what European cities,ships and weapons were in the 13th century before there was any recorded contact between the two. How the heck would they know? How the heck would they even begin to make assumptions and guesses at what life in Europe was like by only spotting European ships off the coast (assuming the ships stayed off the coast and out of reach)?

Also its definitely NOT enough to just admire pretty lights in the sky from a very natural human standpoint. . Human nature is to be curious, to explore and discover...therefore I think its natural to wonder what causes these lights and metallic objects to be able to hover in place or zig zag around the sky. Would you be satisfied with only knowing that a new animal species is discovered? no, of course not. People will want to find out everything they can about it. i think the same goes for ufos.

Everything that is non-sentient simply stays put, only to move by the forces of gravity, the elements and the involvement of something "alive". To see lights in the sky be able to stay put then erratically zoom around can only mean something animate is influencing its movements. If all UFOS were simpley dots of light in the sky that never moved I could see your oint that it could be a natural phenomenon...but something that moves is different in my opinion. My 2 cents....well more like a dollar

Last edited by tangomike on 08 May 2011, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.