Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 11:45 am

Did you ever think that a negative life event threw you off of your original track?
I always felt that I should have ended up in England playing bass guitar for a popular band but didn't. Music and the Arts and England were for me. Instead I became an R.N. in the U.S. Probably safer, more or less lucrative in all probablility but nonetheless I feel that my life hasn't REALLY been my own but just a reconstruction of what it should have been. In other words, I made good with what was left. That which was taken from me was not necessarily BETTER but WAY MORE satisfying and natural "for me". A robotic arm is always better and can do more but it's still not the original arm. I KNOW I'M NOT ALONE in thinking this.
So people, let's hear you out. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 12:57 am

I thought that I would work along side my mum at McDonald's when I was 10. I'd tell everyone that I wanted to work at McDonald's.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 1:27 am

I was supposed to be standing in front of 70,000 people all chanting a lyric I "borrowed" - when I'm not busy driving a rig or walking around the world. I'm sure my family had expectations of the life they'd envisioned for me, so I reckon it's no small feat to fail to reach anyone's desired goals, though I did manage to take into my possession a vintage moped, a genuine electric guitar (several actually) AND a drum set

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 1:55 am

Hunting whales or defending the pygmies.