Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 1:00 pm

A New Zealand advertising executive facing the bleak prospect of being fired decided to inject a bit of humor into the situation, bringing a professional clown to his final meeting instead of a colleague for emotional support, according to a report Friday.

Josh Thompson, a copywriter for ad agency FCB New Zealand and a budding comedian, revealed he had spent $200 to hire the clown, dubbed Joe, after getting an email from superiors asking to meet to "discuss your role."

The clown subsequently blew up balloon animals and even mimed crying when Thompson was handed his layoff paperwork, according to the New Zealand Herald.

Explaining his decision on Facebook, Thompson, who had been in the role since April, wrote: "A while ago, I got a job. A short while later, I lost it. For anyone who hasn’t been fired, what happens is they schedule a serious meeting and advise you to bring a ‘support person.' Sensing the bad news, I decided I’d need the best support person available, so I spent $200 to hire a clown.

Source: New Zealand man brings professional clown to pink-slip meeting who mimed crying, made balloon animals

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2019, 1:25 pm

:lol: Never heard of having a support person when getting fired. The clown was an awesome idea though, I wish there was a video of that meeting!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 3:16 pm

darkwaver wrote:
:lol: Never heard of having a support person when getting fired. The clown was an awesome idea though, I wish there was a video of that meeting!
Well … here's a picture...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 4:22 pm

I think I've just developed coulrophobia.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame