Page 91 of 137 [ 2186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 137  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 1:51 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
*shrug* I've pissed on a lot of multi-million dollar landscaping. 8)

Sure, it's not exactly legal.. but neither is not providing toilet facilities when you're building/renovating a multi-million dollar mansion.. so, I'll piss in your garden & on your palm trees.

well at least you know that thread you're in.

i sometimes think private citizens should be able to own armed and operational warships, tanks and missiles.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

DancingQueen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Mar 2018, 2:24 pm

Pugs are ugly
I don't care how much thought, effort and "talent" has gone into making music, I only care how much I like it
NTs are not the enemy, nor are they inferior to us
Breastfeeding should only be done in public if you're discreet about it
Animals are not nicer than humans and humans are not inherently evil
Technology is not bad for us, how some people react to it is bad
I don't think anybody should be forced to vote
It is not ok to look down on somebody because they have more money than you
Nutella is overrated

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

07 Mar 2018, 1:09 pm

I think people should not have children.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 7:16 pm

Most babies are ugly. And most children aren't cute, they're as evil and creepy as Chuckie the doll.

Which makes me wonder sometimes why I now have a collection of Baby Alive dolls. Although contrary to their name they look pretty cartoony. :?

I don't think there's anything wrong or selfish with choosing not to have children, even if you're physically/emotionally/financially capable of having kids.

Earlier today I watched a video that showed old toys commercials where the toys were really dangerous. Some of them contained toxic chemicals and others caused bodily injuries. Some people naturally argued that the toys were "cool" and went on about helicopter parents and that the toys were only dangerous if misused. I said that kids are just too young and stupid to play safely with toys. And teens. And many adults. I guess it wasn't unpopular to agree the toys were dangerous, but it wouldn't be popular for me to say kids are too stupid. So I guess I agreed a little with both sides. Which means both sides now want my head on a stake. :P

But it's true, a baby can't tell the difference between a razor blade and a pacifier, but people flip out and go on the news about toys that are "controversial" but not really dangerous, like fidget spinners and Hatchimals. :?

PurplePlumz
Toucan
Toucan

14 Apr 2018, 12:15 pm

Rugby is much better than football, to play and to watch. Much rougher and more exhilarating. It's also why I like boxing and MMA. I don't like getting into street or school fights (although I used to do the latter quite often), but I love watching and partaking in rough sports.

Especially unpopular opinion in my country.

EDIT: Accidentally bumped this.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 5:20 am

I think that female soldiers should be given the opportunity to do front line duty and have combat roles on the battlefield. I also think that boys and girls should be raised to be whatever the hell they want to be when they grow up, instead of being told, "That's for men." or "That's for women."

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 5:23 am

Another thing. I also think that people are a product of their environment. My stubbornness is what made me what I am today.

PurplePlumz
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2018, 7:58 am

DancingQueen wrote:
Pugs are ugly
The pug is not just ugly. It's essentially an anatomical disaster; they spend their entire lives suffering because of their lack of a long snout and the supraorbital ridge. They are very susceptible to proptosis, entropion and damaged corneas. Most brachycephalic breeds have severe difficulties with breathing because their breathing passways are very compact, and they're unable to regulate their temperature through panting. If they so much as reach just 2 degrees (Celsius) more than their average temperature (which is around 39 degrees Celsius), they need assistance with breathing immediately and to cool down. Also, organ failure can occur at such temperatures. Necrotizing meningoencephalitis (NME), a brain inflammation found in small or brachycephalic dogs, isn't uncommon in pugs, and they need to be put down after that. There is no cure or known cause for NME. It is f ucking disgusting.

I see no reason for why the pug should continue to exist. I find it extremely disturbing that people would go out of their way to absolutely screw up an animal's life like this just for the sake of their own entertainment. I'm serious when I say that I feel absolutely sickened (a bit upset to some extent too) anytime I see a pug or bulldog, and I believe anyone who supports the continuation of their existence is supporting animal cruelty. If not the purge of them, then why not just breed them with another dog to make something that's not quite as much of an abomination?

Last edited by PurplePlumz on 15 Apr 2018, 11:02 am, edited 7 times in total.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 10:21 am

Ungrateful fans of bands aren't really fans at all. Telling other fans of their music that are more grateful, "this song sucks and if you like this music video you aren't a real fan" is just mean.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 1:32 pm

Purpleplumz,

Breeders tend to do horrible things to dogs (and cats, too). All of my pets, except for two (and they had serious problems), were rescues and hybrids and, for the most part, lived very long lives. Mixed breeds are healthier, live longer lives and are much better looking. I saw some pictures of purebred cats in a book and some looked as though they had defects. On the other hand, the pictures I saw in a book Cats 24/7 were beautiful, well-loved pets.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 4:11 pm

PurplePlumz wrote:
DancingQueen wrote:
Pugs are ugly
The pug is not just ugly. It's essentially an anatomical disaster; they spend their entire lives suffering because of their lack of a long snout and the supraorbital ridge. They are very susceptible to proptosis, entropion and damaged corneas. Most brachycephalic breeds have severe difficulties with breathing because their breathing passways are very compact, and they're unable to regulate their temperature through panting. If they so much as reach just 2 degrees (Celsius) more than their average temperature (which is around 39 degrees Celsius), they need assistance with breathing immediately and to cool down. Also, organ failure can occur at such temperatures. Necrotizing meningoencephalitis (NME), a brain inflammation found in small or brachycephalic dogs, isn't uncommon in pugs, and they need to be put down after that. There is no cure or known cause for NME. It is f ucking disgusting.

I see no reason for why the pug should continue to exist. I find it extremely disturbing that people would go out of their way to absolutely screw up an animal's life like this just for the sake of their own entertainment. I'm serious when I say that I feel absolutely sickened (a bit upset to some extent too) anytime I see a pug or bulldog, and I believe anyone who supports the continuation of their existence is supporting animal cruelty. If not the purge of them, then why not just breed them with another dog to make something that's not quite as much of an abomination?

Agreed, I have relatives who had a Boston terrier, and her breathing never sounded healthy. My grandma was convinced the dog had asthma because her breathing sounded so bad, but I know it was most likely due to her facial structure. I always felt really bad for her :(

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

PurplePlumz
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2018, 5:15 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
PurplePlumz wrote:
DancingQueen wrote:
Pugs are ugly

Agreed, I have relatives who had a Boston terrier, and her breathing never sounded healthy. My grandma was convinced the dog had asthma because her breathing sounded so bad, but I know it was most likely due to her facial structure. I always felt really bad for her :(
Boston terriers are brachycephalic too. I'm with you on that one, its breathing difficulties would have been to do with the fact that its breed has a very short and broad skull.

Another thing about pugs and other brachycephalic dogs is that they have a quite prominent underbite. This makes eating a more arduous process for them than a breed with a mesocephalic or a dolichocephalic skull.

PurplePlumz
Toucan
Toucan

19 Apr 2018, 7:40 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ajit pai is a nasty man, in general.
That's an unpopular opinion?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 3:27 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong or selfish with choosing not to have children, even if you're physically/emotionally/financially capable of having kids.

I think the selfish thing to do is to have children. That's precisely why I want to do it.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 8:13 am

A sense of humour isn't always needed to make it in the NT world.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 2:38 pm

Breastfeeding is beautiful. Breasts are beautiful. Woman is nature’s greatest artwork. Thinking this does not mean that you don’t respect them as people, or that you have to harass them or eye them lewdly. In fact, if harassment were less common, they might even be more comfortable with men quietly enjoying their sight and moving on with their own business.

But, of course, it’d be really naïve to expect normal, non-socially-awkward men to take this into account, since the first one who did would have his manliness questioned and, unlike me, he’d be very aware of it and would have cared about it for as long as he could remember, whereas I spent my childhood, teenage years and early adulthood having no clue why almost everybody seemed to consider it so crucial, and only learned the cause in my mid twenties, by reading about organized crime and thinking a lot in terms of biological and cultural evolution, and natural selection.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.