Page 118 of 137 [ 2186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 137  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 11:50 am

Some people struggle with binge eating disorder. Criticizing these folks will just make the problem worse.

People are overweight for any number of reasons. It's not cool to judge them for it.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 11:50 am

auntblabby wrote:
in these days when everybody seems to need a scapegoat, criticizing folks with unfortunate metabolisms they can't really help much about, is simply unfair.

Agreed, i also don't believe most people who "criticize" fat people care about fat people's health. They just don't like seeing them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 12:28 pm

AprilR wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
in these days when everybody seems to need a scapegoat, criticizing folks with unfortunate metabolisms they can't really help much about, is simply unfair.

Agreed, i also don't believe most people who "criticize" fat people care about fat people's health. They just don't like seeing them.

my unpopular opinion du jour is that the people who scapegoat fat people are just brassholes.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 12:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
AprilR wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

my unpopular opinion du jour is that the people who scapegoat fat people are just brassholes.

Yep!

Also, some people lack empathy, so if they’ve never struggled with their weight, they can’t imagine what it must be like for other people.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 12:46 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
AprilR wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yep! Also, some people lack empathy, so if they’ve never struggled with their weight, they can’t imagine what it must be like for other people.

none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 2:02 pm

Being uncharitable and judgemental is not different when you do it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 8:08 pm

I like the old WP site with the blue and green better.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 10:51 pm

mee too. 8)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 11:19 pm

Most people go around acting like they are so innocent and important and awesome

They make me want to puke

"Pick your battles" is good but most precious lil "people" pick all the battles. They act like they have a moral right to be happy and if they are not happy it proves that someone violated their "rights"

And they act too enthusiastic, like every thought and emotion that goes through their heads is the latest greatest scientific invention. Way too enthusiastic

And they talk too much

They act like anyone that doesn't talk as much as they do, doesn't speak English

They act like they have a moral right to do anything they want

They act all buddy -buddy.

Assistant store m Don was like that. *Knuckle bumps* and "how ya doing sir" but when he (wrongly) assumed that I lost the barbeque lock, it was like "Dr Jekyll and Mister Hyde".

There is zero point, in wasting time and energy trying to make "friends", if you have to start with idle chatter. No matter how great the idle chatter is, you don't know how they will react in a different situation, and every situation is different.

Sooner or later, I will make a bad or wrong statement or action. Nobody is perfect

The questions are:

1. Did I do it?

2. Is it bad?

3. What is the correct reaction?

Frequently lil dipshits get at least one question wrong

Besides the lil dipshits are not perfect to my standards either

But they act like they are perfect

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 2:32 am

Miss Universe should be abolished because the contestants are ugly.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 2:40 am

why are there no male beauty contests? [other than for body builders, that is]

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 5:58 am

The "Miss Universe Contest" should live up to its name!

I wanna see the Grey chicks from the Pleiades, the green spotted chicks from Mars, and the three breasted chicks from the Andromeda Galaxy! :D

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 1:32 pm

Kids deserve the same amount of respect as adults.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 2:58 am

My unpopular opinion:

I am a proud leftie, liberal, woke, politically correct snowflake and LGBTQ ally.

I have never been right wing. I know that is horrifying in this current political climate but some people aren't right wingers! 8O 8O

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 3:51 am

I feel that it's pointless to celebrate the differences between men and women.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 1:58 pm

I think that gender differences are mostly caused by social conditioning.