Page 4 of 137 [ 2186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 137  Next

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 5:18 pm

-I think it's wrong for families to force their children into their religions.
-I also think it's wrong to try and force anyone into religions. I see it as a kind or brainwashing.
-I do, however, think that's it's right to leave people be and let them make their own decisions, based on their families or not.
-I am deeply considering being a Pagan like my Mum. It would make me feel kind of rebellious in a way.
-I express a load of my feelings at any time and in any place
-I think everyone should be treated equally in terms of what is needed to live a good life. Even in England, where we have free education and healthcare, not everyone is treated the same in terms of money and living in houses and bills and all that.
-I don't really care bout races mixing in with each other, I think people should love who they want.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 7:46 pm

-Top Ramen tastes gross
-So do cup noodles
-T.V. Dinners on the other hand are creations made by true scholars of the culinary arts *graciously bows head to you sirs or madams
-Food Preperation and Cooking is almost always a therapuetic activity
-How do you find out someone's vegan/vegetarian? Don't worry they will come tell you, and a bunch of other silly information about their holier than thou lifestyle you never asked about.

-Most people who are anti-gay tend to be closet homos
-The "Kosher" way of killing animals is inhumane and illogical
-Oh you're offended? So what
-Spirituality over religion

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 8:55 pm

I love Christmas and I feel it should be a happy time for everyone. :santa:

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 2:58 am

Since every person of every religion can celebrate their holy days, even the Voudon and Santerria and Palo Mayombe allowed to sacrifice animals, yet there has been for years major pressure to 'de-Christianize' Christmas.
My opinion is that if anyone does not want to celebrate His birthday, there are plenty of other seasonal events, so celebrate Samhain, Kwanzaa, Chanukkah, and let Christians enjoy their observances.

Sylkat

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 3:42 am

I'm probably gonna have my "liberal" card revoked for this, but...

I am sick of hetero white males being blamed for every single thing wrong with the world.

I think it's sad that I cannot express that opinion without immediately feeling the need to point out that I am not white (though I could very easily pass as white if I wished), and that I have gotten in literal fights with those who were being assholeishly homophobic (doesn't make me a good person, probably the opposite, but I think it does demonstrate my views on the subject).

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 9:55 am

Barry Goldwater was right.

Sylkat

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 10:05 am

all my opinions are "unpopular" because all my opinions are formulated during private speculation, and what i think does not often catch the attention of those in the "know"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 4:15 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I love Christmas and I feel it should be a happy time for everyone. :santa:

I love the holidays too, even though I find people who hate the holidays as annoying as can be.

Bill92
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2012, 7:06 am

The United States has no obligation to protect the welfare of citizens of foreign nations. It's a waste of American resources and the invasion of other states violates state sovereignty.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 10:15 am

Sylkat wrote:
…yet there has been for years major pressure to 'de-Christianize' Christmas…

Very true. – This de-Christianizing tendency is escalating beyond all reasonable limits in Scandinavia. There are schools in Sweden whose staff have been informed that it's OK to have their Christmas party as long as God is not mentioned.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 3:14 am

I occasionally wish that whining, complaining, and endless negativity in general were against the rules here. I know, support site and all, but sometimes the defeatism really gets to me.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

30 Nov 2012, 6:04 am

Muscular women are sexy. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 6:12 am

Fnord wrote:
[opinion]

My opinions are more important than yours. :P

[/opinion]

That sounds exactly like something my brother in-law would say. :roll:

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 7:06 am

Krabo wrote:
Sylkat wrote:
…yet there has been for years major pressure to 'de-Christianize' Christmas…

Very true. – This de-Christianizing tendency is escalating beyond all reasonable limits in Scandinavia. There are schools in Sweden whose staff have been informed that it's OK to have their Christmas party as long as God is not mentioned.

What a horrible place Sweden must be. I'm glad I don't live there, because that is truly stupid. How can an explicitly religious holiday celebration have any meaning or sense without the central reason (God) being an integral part of it? Do the Swedes think that Christmas is just about shopping for presents?

I'd be willing to bet almost anything that the 'staff' of other (non-Christian) religious schools have not been issued such an edict regarding the celebration of their holidays.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 9:54 am

^ Actually, these Scandinavian countries are not bad places at all. But nowadays the trend is to try not to irritate the Muslim population by being (as they might take it) too Christian. This may sound absurd, and that's what it is. Some school boards have solved the problem of religious clash by denying all festivals unless they are strictly mundane. Few are. It may be impartial or unbiased to deny as well Christian as Muslim school children their own Season's greetings, but it leaves a bad aftertaste.

WittyMoniker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Nov 2012, 4:16 pm

- I'm an atheist living in the Bible belt.
- I'm a left-leaning libertarian in the middle of a red state, bordered closest by an even redder state.
- John Maynard Keynes was a giant idiot.
- Ronald Reagan has to be the greatest actor of all time because he convinced so many people that he was a good president.
- Video games bore me. Except sports ones, and even then I only like being the coach/GM of the team instead of playing the game itself.
- As much as I try, I just can't get into golf. Except mini-golf. And whacking balls at a driving range.
- I happen to enjoy most vegetables.