Neighbours interfere with my radio signal

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 5:41 am

Really. Did anyone else notice this? I mean, unless it's just the weather I think that it's their walking around that's causing the radio to falter temporarily (also sometimes hearing something audible straight afterwards, downstairs). Sometimes I wonder whether I could get to know exactly where they are based on the signal's strength.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 11:29 am

Not that unusual actually. I have some pretty sensitive tuners here at home, that are affected by people walking around in the house, and outside.

Radio signals are not all that strong and can be affected by just about any matter. Everything around you can act as an antenna, including your own body. Proximity to the receiver can affect the reception.

Ever grab hold of the antenna and notice the signal either lost entirely? The opposite can happen too. Grab hold and suddenly there is a signal, let go and it's gone.

It's actually a very common phenomenon.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 12:24 pm

Bad radio signals are annoying.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 3:30 pm

Tie them up to chairs so they cannot move. Now kick back and enjoy perfect reception.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 3:34 pm

Which radio band is most effected? AM or FM Broadcast?

Or is this an 'Other' situation?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.