08 Jan 2013, 2:41 pm

Do rain waters pure? How come?

BlueAbyss
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2013, 2:43 pm

ronpl wrote:
have heard tht can lead to huge problems
Were you responding to my post? I can't tell. Could you be more specific?

ronpl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2013, 2:47 pm

A woman once told me reverse osmosis removes crucial elements and her family got really sick by it

BlueAbyss
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2013, 2:53 pm

ronpl wrote:
A woman once told me reverse osmosis removes crucial elements and her family got really sick by it

I can't think why it would make her and her family ill unless there was something wrong with her RO system, contamination or something.

The only crucial elements in water are oxygen and hydrogen.

If she was talking about minerals, I'd rather get my minerals from food and supplements. If you'd ever seen what the the mineral content in our tap water does to our plumbing, you'd not think it's anything you need in your body, believe me. But even if it's not bad for me, it tastes awful unless it's purified. I need to drink plenty of water, but if it's not purified I don't drink plenty. So it's best for me to have it purified.

I've used RO water for about 25 years now. Before that I drank bottled water for most of my life. I'm probably healthier for it, because it's water that I'll actually drink. Most bottled water is also RO water, just repackaged in plastic, which is much more wasteful.

Last edited by BlueAbyss on 08 Jan 2013, 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HammorHorror
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 2:59 pm

Tap Water

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Jan 2013, 5:52 pm

Tap water - but filtered, which removes a slightly unpleasant metallic taste.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 6:24 pm

I drink bottled water because I like to recycle the bottles for money afterwards. Nestle Pure Life to be exact.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 1:25 am

good water

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 2:29 am

Filtered tap water. I have one of those clear low-profile Brita pitchers.

ronpl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2013, 8:32 am

BlueAbyss wrote:
ronpl wrote:

I can't think why it would make her and her family ill unless there was something wrong with her RO system, contamination or something.

If she was talking about minerals, I'd rather get my minerals from food and supplements. If you'd ever seen what the the mineral content in our tap water does to our plumbing, you'd not think it's anything you need in your body, believe me. But even if it's not bad for me, it tastes awful unless it's purified. I need to drink plenty of water, but if it's not purified I don't drink plenty. So it's best for me to have it purified.

I've used RO water for about 25 years now. Before that I drank bottled water for most of my life. I'm probably healthier for it, because it's water that I'll actually drink. Most bottled water is also RO water, just repackaged in plastic, which is much more wasteful.

so you recommend it?
how much it costs?
mm actually i don't think i've enough space

HauntedKnight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2013, 9:00 am

Tap water put through a Brita filter and kept in the fridge at home. Water cooler at work.

Jedi999
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2013, 10:36 am

Filtered or bottled.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

09 Jan 2013, 9:28 pm

Either tap or bottled will do for me.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

BlueAbyss
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2013, 10:44 pm

ronpl wrote:
BlueAbyss wrote:
ronpl wrote:

so you recommend it?
how much it costs?
mm actually i don't think i've enough space

I wouldn't say I recommend it for everyone. I recommend it for me. :) Each person's situation is different. I have no idea what yours is. For us it works. But my spouse is very handy and was able to purchase a used system and refurbish it. He maintains it. We have to purchase new parts for the system now and then - ours has pre-filters and post-filters, all of which need occasional replacement. If one doesn't have the skills or knowledge to maintain a home system, it can be expensive, and even for us there was an initial cost that was rather high. And it does take up space, we live in a house, not an apartment. But compared to what we would pay to have the big bottles delivered or go somewhere to refill our own, it's a bargain in the long run.

If I lived alone in an apartment, I'd have bottled water delivered. It's the same stuff - the bottled water just goes through an RO system somewhere else.

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 11:38 pm

Wait am I one of the rare few that likes a metallic taste on water.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 8:31 am

Krabo wrote:
There's no reason to buy bottled water in Scandinavia. Therefore, tap.

Same goes for Austria and I am really happy about that. :)