Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Question14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2013, 3:20 am

I think i have a problem being paranoid.
Normally, I will be paranoid with groups talking nearby and if i cannot hear them i will imediantly grow paranoid. its even worse with groups of people i know. I hate people sitting next to me when i type, as they can easily read what i am doing. Now it has scaled to point where i am paranoid with my own thoughts. In a group of people i will 'lock down' my thoughts as if they can read them.

Had this fear of telepaths since i was young. I KNOW they don't exist, but some part of me dosen't believe it.
And this dosen't even scratch the surface.

A problem isn't it? Is anyone else here paranoid? how do you cope?
help...

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 8:56 am

I actually have the opposite of this problem
I can't really comprehend that any body else thinks
everybody else is just a mindless automaton

I think I picked it up in Church, when they said I had to pray to 'God'
but a 5 year old doesn't really get any answers

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 9:52 am

As a young teen I also had that "telepath" fear. Someday i decided, that if i fear that someone would read my thoughts, I´d start to make jokes about him or offend him or say completely nonsense, so if someone really could read minds, he would get annoyed of me. ^^

So I really dont know if that fits on you, but when I was later in therapy, my doctor discribed it as a sign that I wasn´t accepting myself, because of my father not accepting me in this age. So he forced me to act on the outside no longer in "that impossible manner" but inside i knew that I was still thinking in that unwanted way that I should not be, according to my father. That left me with the believe, to have thoughts, i should not have and that I must hide from others, so they dont see that I am inside still thinking "wrong" when I had my autistic daydreaming and so on. Being the way I was, seemed to me something that has to be hidden and was unnormal. Creating the fear, that someone could find out about me being weird and wrong.

As told before, I got rid of it by starting to do jokes about the people that maybe could have been listening. :)

Question14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2013, 12:03 pm

Schneekugel wrote:
As a young teen I also had that "telepath" fear. Someday i decided, that if i fear that someone would read my thoughts, I´d start to make jokes about him or offend him or say completely nonsense, so if someone really could read minds, he would get annoyed of me. ^^

So I really dont know if that fits on you, but when I was later in therapy, my doctor discribed it as a sign that I wasn´t accepting myself, because of my father not accepting me in this age. So he forced me to act on the outside no longer in "that impossible manner" but inside i knew that I was still thinking in that unwanted way that I should not be, according to my father. That left me with the believe, to have thoughts, i should not have and that I must hide from others, so they dont see that I am inside still thinking "wrong" when I had my autistic daydreaming and so on. Being the way I was, seemed to me something that has to be hidden and was unnormal. Creating the fear, that someone could find out about me being weird and wrong.

As told before, I got rid of it by starting to do jokes about the people that maybe could have been listening. :)

I have tried this. worked for 3 days and it came back. why?
Because my sub conscious hates me, i came up with the idea i am the only non-telepath and everyone knew that. they knew not to react to my thoughts. wei right??
I do this alot, for differnt matters like death or other big questions and end up with terrifying conclusions.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Jan 2013, 9:15 pm

For me anyways once I eliminated all forms of religion in my mind, (only following a way without a heaven or hell) It has greatly diminished my paranioa. I guess quitting alcohol also helped out and while I'm still afraid to die it doesnt really effect my mind so much as it did before when I couldnt deal with it. :)

RadicalDreamers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm

Question14 wrote:
I think i have a problem being paranoid.
Normally, I will be paranoid with groups talking nearby and if i cannot hear them i will imediantly grow paranoid. its even worse with groups of people i know. I hate people sitting next to me when i type, as they can easily read what i am doing. Now it has scaled to point where i am paranoid with my own thoughts. In a group of people i will 'lock down' my thoughts as if they can read them.

Had this fear of telepaths since i was young. I KNOW they don't exist, but some part of me dosen't believe it.
And this dosen't even scratch the surface.

A problem isn't it? Is anyone else here paranoid? how do you cope?
help...

I have struggled and continue to struggle with paranoia on and off for all of my life. Ranging from moderate to extreme. Throughout childhood and adolescence, I experienced multiple occurrences of visual and auditory hallucinations and it was a living nightmare. It is difficult to place into words to even describe. It really cannot be described. In relation to paranoia, it has wreaked havoc on my life and caused great disruption. In time, things improved for me but it never goes away. All of it remains. It persists to this very day. I do not have a solution for you, but I will say that I hope things improve for you. I hope things improve so you can at least live some form of a life free of that unique type of dark pain.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 9:56 pm

Question14 wrote:
Normally, I will be paranoid with groups talking nearby and if i cannot hear them i will imediantly grow paranoid. its even worse with groups of people i know.

People who have been bullied, like a lot of people here have, are often too sensitive, stay alert around people for years afterwards and see insults and threats where there aren't any. Just a sad fact about how much damage it can do.
And another sad fact, people tend to stay victims. So if a group nearby is talking and you look up and they look at you, then look away snickering, it's fairly certain you weren't paranoid after all.
Those of us who have also been targeted by strangers, have even more reason to be paranoid.

Question14 wrote:
I hate people sitting next to me when i type, as they can easily read what i am doing.

I have that one full scale, and it's not necessarily paranoid either. People tend to be more curious than they should and stick their nose where it doesn't belong. My father is a good example of that, so being careful isn't a bad thing. private means private.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 10:23 pm

I am very paranoid. Paranoid that I will be arrested, paranoid that people say bad things about me behind my back, paranoid that I will be kidnapped/murdered/sexually assaulted, paranoid that I will become the target of cyberbullying... I can never just relax. :?

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 8:32 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I am very paranoid. Paranoid that I will be arrested, paranoid that people say bad things about me behind my back, paranoid that I will be kidnapped/murdered/sexually assaulted, paranoid that I will become the target of cyberbullying... I can never just relax. :?

Unforturnately
:(
that's not being paranoid
that's an actually condition that females have always endured

and guys too

Hope and healing on WP

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 5:46 pm

syzygyish wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Unforturnately
:(
that's not being paranoid
that's an actually condition that females have always endured

and guys too

I was thinking the same thing.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765