A month of DEAFENING NOISE all night!! !!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Mar 2013, 1:05 pm

I live in an area where once a year, the frogs seem to come to life out of nowhere, and I guess it's their mating season. For about 8 hours after sunset, it sounds like 1000 police whistles blown in your face! Below is the link to a video I took last night with sound. Normally here where the house is, it's dead silent at night except for distant coyotes and a few crickets in summer time. Another 2 weeks and the frog racket should die down a bit :wink: . Meantime, forget being able to open a window at night!

Charles

YouTube link to my video

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 1:43 pm

Worse than a pack of wolves! 8O

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 1:45 pm

Madness!! Good thing you have good windows... earplugs on top of that will help a bit too...

I have the same aversion to noise... once had to move bedrooms down to the basement due to trains blowing horns at all hours - right across the street.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 12:17 am

Wow that's loud.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 12:30 am

BlueMax wrote:
Madness!! Good thing you have good windows... earplugs on top of that will help a bit too...

I have the same aversion to noise... once had to move bedrooms down to the basement due to trains blowing horns at all hours - right across the street.

Sort of a paradox; how could an aspie not like trains? :mrgreen:

I would be glad to trade OP the mating frogs for the subsonic bassy stereos that assault me from every direction for miles around, but then I had an interest in frogs years ago