Does anyone know where to find a fragmented world map?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 2:45 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a world map that has countries fragmented into their individual regions like the second map, but has each of the regions labeled like the countries on the first map? I'm interested in geography, and think it would be kind of cool to have a world map like that. I realize that the text would need to be pretty small in order to fit, so the map would need to be kind of big in order to read it.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 12:56 pm

Mike1 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a world map that has countries fragmented into their individual regions like the second map, but has each of the regions labeled like the countries on the first map? I'm interested in geography, and think it would be kind of cool to have a world map like that. I realize that the text would need to be pretty small in order to fit, so the map would need to be kind of big in order to read it.

Well there is the problem right there. The map would have to be too big in order to read them. Some provinces are so small that they are only a dot on even a large world map.

Anyways, what you are looking for is a World map of Provinces, States, and Territories. You can find quite a few world maps that show that information for larger countries, Canada, US, Russia, China, Australia, etc. For others I think you will need to look at individual country maps, to see those details.

You might want to look at Bing Maps. It's pretty good for seeing stuff like that. But you do need to zoom in a few levels or more (depending on the size of the country) to see all the labels.

:arrow: Bing Maps