Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 2:10 pm

Remember when I asked you about if ya'll really eat beans for breakfast? Well, in honor of St Patricks day I was planning on cooking something Irish and after I planned my dinner (corned beef brisket, cabbage, potatoes, soda bread and a chocolate cake made with Guinness beer) I kept surfing from site to site and found a "Full Irish Breakfast". I made it. Well, except the stuff I didn't know what it was that is. We had fried eggs, bacon, link sausage, fried potatoes, fried mushrooms, beans and soda bread. It was pretty good actually. Everybody was curious about the beans for breakfast but they liked them. I just used canned pork n beans because that's what they looked like in the pictures.

Just thought I'd let you know that we finally tried it, and it was pretty good. Since I've tried it your way does this mean you are gonna try grits, fried ham, eggs, biscuits, sweet milk gravy, cantaloupe, stewed apples and sliced red tomatoes? ;-)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 1:05 am

Now that I read the post contents, that food sounds delicious! :)

But at first glance, the title of this thread made me think of something else. :wink:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H6amDbAwlY[/youtube]

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 5:47 am

beans and eggs are great, I love yoke covered beans!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 6:27 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Remember when I asked you about if ya'll really eat beans for breakfast? Well, in honor of St Patricks day I was planning on cooking something Irish and after I planned my dinner (corned beef brisket, cabbage, potatoes, soda bread and a chocolate cake made with Guinness beer) I kept surfing from site to site and found a "Full Irish Breakfast". I made it. Well, except the stuff I didn't know what it was that is. We had fried eggs, bacon, link sausage, fried potatoes, fried mushrooms, beans and soda bread. It was pretty good actually. Everybody was curious about the beans for breakfast but they liked them. I just used canned pork n beans because that's what they looked like in the pictures.

Just thought I'd let you know that we finally tried it, and it was pretty good. Since I've tried it your way does this mean you are gonna try grits, fried ham, eggs, biscuits, sweet milk gravy, cantaloupe, stewed apples and sliced red tomatoes? ;-)

I don't think we can get half that stuff here.

Biscuits for breakfast?!
Milk gravy?! !
Cantaloupe?! ! (What the hell is that?)
Stewed apples goes on a dessert, doesn't it? ;)

An Irish breakfast traditionally does not have beans on it.

Did you Irish breakfast have any white or black pudding on it? Big part of an Irish breakfast, that. Oh, and I prefer potato bread over soda bread. ;-)

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 6:32 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cantaloupe is a type of melon
and biscuits mean something different here

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 7:55 am

A big ol'cat head buttermilk biscuit with cream style sausage gravy sounds larrupin good right now.And hoe cake and sorghum syrup.Yee doggies :lol: And strong black coffee.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 8:04 am

I knew our colonial cousins were a bit eccentric but Jaysus, Muhammad and Judah.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 8:24 am

What about fried squirrel and gravy??With hash browns or grits?Grits are versatile,you can have them with cheese,gravy,butter or sugar and milk.If you let them sit up overnight you can fry them in bacon grease.
There's also chocolate gravy but I don't care much for it.

But the best breakfast is cold pizza :lol: I'd eat it every day.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 2:39 pm

Actually, waffles, real butter, Mrs. Butterworth's or Log Cabin Original, corned beef hash, scrambled eggs, Heinz catsup, not Hunt's, toast, real butter, again, marmalade, and hot black tea.

Best breakfast.

Sylkat

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 2:44 pm

Now that sounds a bit more like it, Sylkat! :)

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 2:37 am

Oatmeal, scrambled eggs with breakfast sausage, bacon, black and white pudding, grilled tomato and a big basket of rolls, pastrys and of corce spuds .

For dinner corned beef brisket, shepherd's pie, large bowl of Irish gold, some Kerrygold Cheese & Butter, Paddy Whiskey just a wee dram.

"I" An I wont be wear in any green or talk in an unnatural high voice ether!

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 3:53 am

Dear Tequila,
Do y'all have Mrs. Butterworth's or Log Cabin syrup in England?

Sylkat

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 4:58 am

johnny77 wrote:
Oatmeal, scrambled eggs with breakfast sausage, bacon, black and white pudding, grilled tomato and a big basket of rolls, pastrys and of corce spuds .

For dinner corned beef brisket, shepherd's pie, large bowl of Irish gold, some Kerrygold Cheese & Butter, Paddy Whiskey just a wee dram.

"I" An I wont be wear in any green or talk in an unnatural high voice ether!

and I thought I was a pig?
how much toast and sausage does one need?

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 12:48 am

That be a light breakfast that will hold me till 10 am snack. I dont have a choice eat or die.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 7:01 am

johnny77 wrote:
That be a light breakfast that will hold me till 10 am snack. I dont have a choice eat or die.

lol, It takes around 6-8 weeks or longer before you die of starvation.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 7:29 am

Let me guess: National irish celebration day, is on the day the frying machine was invented? ^^