What kind of car are you going to get next?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PrncssAlay
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2013, 7:39 am

I wish the plug-in electric cars had better range (still under 100 miles per charge, I think). Maybe in a couple of years they will be farther along.

Last edited by PrncssAlay on 04 May 2013, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Looneytunes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2013, 8:34 am

I would want something with gull wing doors - maybe a corvette or a Camaro.
The Hybrid would be nice - if I could have enough room to put a loud stereo in it and not have interference from all the electric crap and inverter and stuff.

Not very practical if you are into amateur communications - except that you could use the storage capacity of the batteries to your advantage if you could get 14 volts out of it with about 20 amps continuous for my radio equipment.

If the motor would run when it saw a discharge - it would work much like a generator - which would be real cool for Field Days when you are not supposed to operate with commercial power.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 9:32 am

Don't have one, don't want one (it'd need to be a special interest for me to have the ability to do such).

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 9:46 am

I've been thinking of trading my car in for an XR6, a Toyota Aurion or and S or X-type Jaguar (the 1999-2003 models are less than $15k used now). I was surprised that they're only slightly less fuel economical than the car I have now. Not that I have the money to make up the shortfall between the trade-in value of my old car and the purchase price of the new one but I may in the future. I just want something a bit more powerful than my current car.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 10:35 am

I will drive my Honda until it irretrievably stops. then I will get another Honda. hopefully by then, alternative energy will be standard.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 May 2013, 10:52 am

I've been driving Toyota trucks since I was 16, and no plans to change UNLESS another automaker than Toyota brings back small Diesel engines first. I have the last turbo-Diesel Toyota model sold in the USA (1985), and although I don't drive it much anymore, I won't let go of it until I can get a new one here. I have a 2012 Tacoma that I drive regularly, but it's not the same as the old Diesel. The 2012 V6 gasoline engine truck gets horrible mileage, and is too complicated to work on if anything happens to it.

Charles

KF2M
Raven
Raven

04 May 2013, 11:25 am

Not getting a next car. Keeping the Jeep until the wheels fall off, and then I'll put them back on. Well maybe if they stop selling gas..

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 12:07 pm

Probably keep my 4Runner until it NEEDS to be replaced and that will most likely be another 4Runner. Second choice is a Tacoma or Tundra.
I want a Mustang GT but I like the utility and practicality of an SUV or pickup. If money weren't an issue I'd have a nice assortment of vehicles to choose from.

boywonder
Raven
Raven

04 May 2013, 1:14 pm

turbo diesel euro wagon probably VW Passat or stick with my non turbo diesel nissan 1.7l,

looking to get a good quality electric bicycle....

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 May 2013, 2:21 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 4:20 pm

Probably fix my two broken cars I have now:

If I don't end up fixing them, I think I want either a Toyota Corolla GTS or SR5 from the mid 80s, ie, an AE86 like from Initial D. That or an AW-11 MR2.
AE86
http://www.tune86.com/sites/default/fil ... deshot.jpg
MR2
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 1_1986.jpg

HOWEVER, if I move to Japan or Canada, I plan to buy either/both of a R32 or R33 Skyline GTS-4, or a Suzuki Cappuccino kei-car. It depends, they'd both be fast in different ways, but the Cappuccino would get better mileage and be easier for me to drive because it's smaller. The reason I say Canada is because Canada allows importation of Japanese cars over 15 years old, whereas USA only allows it for over 25. So I figure if I go to Canada, I can still live a little bit of my dreams of driving a Japanese car like that. The Nissan Skyline I just like, the GTS-4 would be ideal, as it's 2.0l so good gas mileage, less taxes in Japan, but it's all wheel drive. I could get a GTR, but I think I'd be happy enough with a GTS-4.
http://images.hemmings.com/wp-content/u ... 2_rear.jpg
http://www.importconcern.ca/images/vehi ... -ea21r.jpg

My Galant I've been driving sorta as an interim for the past few years does seem on it's way out, so I should get my cars I actually like back working well again soon I guess.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 6:17 pm

I have a Toyota Echo (2003 4-door sedan version) right now. It is quite mechanically sound, so I don't imagine I will have to replace it for years yet. However, if I have some unexpected windfall or car is rendered unusable due to collision or environmental damage, I would prefer to replace it with something slightly larger with more cargo space and better cargo friendly design. I trust Toyota brand, so would purchase another of their designs. A Matrix would be good. I like the hatchback and the ability to fold down the rear seats to create a level flat surface.

At work I drive a Toyota Rav-4 and mostly like the design of those too. Couple things I don't like, though. The side swinging rear door, for instance. I guess this was fixed in the 2013 model. Also, fuel economy is not as good as a 4-cylinder two wheel drive car would have.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 6:24 pm

My 20 year old Nissan Altima has finally died.

It may having something to do with being an Aspie, but I dislike the hassles with owning a car. So now I am going with a car sharing service. I live in the city so I only need a car once or twice a week. With this service I rent a car by the hour, with fuel included - perfect for running errands.

techtalknow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2013, 12:14 pm

BMW M6, of course.

techtalknow

Moridin8
Raven
Raven

05 May 2013, 12:21 pm

Bugatti Veyron

well... maybe not. Probably upgrade to a BMW 320d.

Autistic/BAP : 118 aloof, 90 rigid and 83 pragmatic
EQSQ: 16/87 Extreme Systemizing

MoonGateClimber
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 May 2013, 12:45 pm

I don't know which frightens me more. Being forced to live somewhere so crowded that I wouldn't need a car or living where I am content but would need to learn how to successfully operate one. I don't like cars or cities, they're both evil.