Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 6:49 pm

I have been meaning to write about this for a few days.

My boyfriend stayed over last week. It was about 1am and we were just getting to sleep and we heard some banging noises. When my boyfriend looked out of the window, he noticed a male trying to break into a side door below our row of flats (apartments). I live above a row of shops, and the place he was rying to break into was the pharmacy. The door to the pharmacy (where all the deliveries go) is clearly visible from my bedroom. A few minutes later, a police van turned up (someone had obviously called the police about him) and he jumped over the nearest row of fences. The police van then had to reverse to get around the other side, but the guy was long gone by that point.

It wasn't the last we saw of him though. We were asleep and at about 3.30am were woken up by a sawwing action. He was back, armed with a power drill and a saw!! !! Usually you do a runner and don't come back if you think the police are after you, but no not this guy. He used both tools to get in, and he succeeded in breaking in. But the police came back. However, we didn't see whether he was caught or not because the flashing lights kind of got in the way. I don't think they did ever catch him though. If they hadn't have botched it up the first time, he would have been caught easily. My boyfriend and I found his sheer determination quite amusing. I would say he was hooked on prescription drugs or uses them to make his home cocktails he sells on the street. What do you think?

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 6:51 pm

What a VERY determined thief.

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 7:11 pm

Yet another junkie. Time to bring back capital punishment, that kind of loser never learns. Besides it'd mean 1 less NT in the world lol :twisted:

What part of Mcr are you from Fiz? I was thinking of moving over there myself.

alex
Developer
Developer

17 Jan 2007, 7:15 pm

why didn't you call the police the first time? and why didn't you call them the 2nd time?

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

17 Jan 2007, 7:20 pm

My god Fiz you could have made a cool youtube video if you had
a video recorder. :twisted:

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 7:28 pm

[quote="alex"]why didn't you call the police the first time? and why didn't you call them the 2nd time?[/quote]

Fiz is admirably non judgmental of the thief in this instance. Rightly so i think because as the man was not stealing from a person it was a victim less crime in essence as chemists are invariably big business owned whom are insured by the banking system which in itself is vastly criminal. yes the man probably was amusing in his determination. Much alike say a cheeky little mouse whom perseveres to get the cheese. Well done that man and i hope he got his "cheese".

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 7:34 pm

manalitwist wrote:
alex wrote:
why didn't you call the police the first time? and why didn't you call them the 2nd time?

Fiz is admirably non judgmental of the thief in this instance. Rightly so i think because as the man was not stealing from a person it was a victim less crime in essence as chemists are invariably big business owned whom are insured by the banking system which in itself is vastly criminal. yes the man probably was amusing in his determination. Much alike say a cheeky little mouse whom perseveres to get the cheese. Well done that man and i hope he got his "cheese".

There is no victimless crime.

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 7:35 pm

andy1976uk wrote:
manalitwist wrote:
alex wrote:

There is no victimless crime.

This was relatively and to all intents and purposes a victimless crime then.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 7:49 pm

alex wrote:

Because someone else already had, so I didn't really see the point. Plus if I had, they would have knoked on the door to ask questions and this would have woken my sister up. So I just watched instead.

andy1976uk, I am currently living in Northenden, in the robbery hotspot. Not people's houses but shops and cars mainly. Well there is a lot of shops to choose from and a lot of scallies.

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 8:08 pm

That's some serious determination :shock: Why would you hit the same place twice...that's insane...

He was probably after cold or flu tablets, lol. You can create methanphetamines(sp?) like P etc out of 'em if you know how. There are too many drug labs around these days! Alternatively, he really REALLY needed some laxatives :shock:

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

17 Jan 2007, 8:15 pm

Shale wrote:
That's some serious determination :shock: Why would you hit the same place twice...that's insane...

He was probably after cold or flu tablets, lol. You can create methanphetamines(sp?) like P etc out of 'em if you know how. There are too many drug labs around these days! Alternatively, he really REALLY needed some laxatives :shock:

My guess he wanted anything sellable. But was addicted to pain pills himself.

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 8:24 pm

Quote:
Alternatively, he really REALLY needed some laxatives :shock:

:lol:

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 8:34 pm

Is this like an OTC pharmacy or a play you go to pick up your 'scrips?

If that guy was just after some psuedoephidrinehydrochlorice he is one dumb f**k(he's pretty stupid to begin with). Much easier to just go to a bunch of different stores, getting your two boxes of decongestant.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 8:59 pm

here in the US you have to show ID and sign a form at the pharmacy in order to get decongestants that contain psuedopherine(sp?)

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2007, 12:06 am

jman wrote:
here in the US you have to show ID and sign a form at the pharmacy in order to get decongestants that contain psuedopherine(sp?)

I guess that hasn't rippled to where I live. Adolescents can still buy psuedoephidrine.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2007, 12:10 am

heh.

if I had been there. three shots with a katana across the head and he'd be done.