Page 1 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jun 2013, 11:39 am

Each and everyone of us have a certain thing that makes our annoyed alarm go off. Whether it's strangers taking a seat next to you on the bus/train - thinking it's totally OK to show off their "mouth diarrhea" to you for the entire ride, or the enormous dog poo left behind in the middle of the street by Fido dearest's lazy owner.

I'll start:

- Both of the examples mentioned above - oh and stepping in dog poo, that's crappy, ugh..

- Cyclists who have "forgotten" how to use the bicycle bell (forcing pedestrians to either guess where the "faint wheel against asphalt" sound comes from, and how much it has managed to close up on them - or to start playing the slightly paranoid "Where's bikey?" game, in which they have to detect where the bike is by hastily turning their heads backward, then forward again whilst trying to figure out which spot of the pavement they should stick to, to avoid the cyclist crashing into them from behind)

- People or cyclists who walk/cycle in groups, who don't have the stamina to split up/"free" some space for a few seconds to give people the opportunity to walk past them

- People who eat with their mouth open, especially the sound of it

- People who don't care to cover their mouth when they cough

- Stubbing your toe or the "funny bone"

- People who talk loudly/argue on their mobile phone out in public

- Those public toilets you have to pay for (Especially when i was a kid, and literally had to go about all the time, and then when my mom didn't have coins available (which she usually didn't), i had to dance my way round about until we finally managed to exchange some coins - and the way back to that goddamn toilet was always the worst - On the way back there it went from a wiggly dance walk to a very very wiggly dance walk combined with some awkward stagnant pauses in between, trying not to collapse)

- People who are cutting in line and whom for some strange reason have gotten the idea that while they do this misdeed, they become temporarily invisible to the people they "victimize", making it totally OK to do it - because hey when no one really sees you doing it, it's totally OK, right?! right? "No numbnuts! My superpower is super-vision - Back off or i'll stuff you with whatever's available in my shopping cart - how do you like your toilet paper stuffing, with mustard or vinegar?"
(If you are in a hurry ask me first, chances are then i'll actually let you jump the queue before me)

- People who do spray paints over beautiful buildings/professional street art

- Painfully slow walkers

- People who will not admit their own mistakes and instead chooses to "escape" the situation by blaming others for his/her blunders (even when given another chance to make things right)

Now tell me folx, what get's on your nerves?

Last edited by ChromaticRaven on 17 Jun 2013, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 12:01 pm

- YouTube commercials

- People who nag

- Passive-agressive people

- Routines being broken

- Wannabe gangs who occupy the benches at the gym and hardly ever lift

- People who bounce the bar on the chest while the spotter does most of the lifting, and then go on to brag about their bench press record

- People who've never lifted seriously who claim protein powder doesn't work

- Bicyclists in the middle of the road at 10 mph when there's a bicycle path parallel to the roadway

-Left-wingers who fail to see that everything they take for granted in the west is brought to them by capitalism

- Discovering that there's no more coffee when I wake up in the morning

- The less talented teachers at my university

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 12:14 pm

- New threads that revive old topics.

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jun 2013, 12:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
- New threads that revive old topics.

OooOoOoo - Is that you hinting to something i just did? If so sorry for not being a psychic :)

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jun 2013, 12:30 pm

Kurgan wrote:
- People who bounce the bar on the chest while the spotter does most of the lifting, and then go on to brag about their bench press record

Not only does that sound annoying, but it also makes you wonder how long it's going to take for them to realize the true reason for why they never seem to achieve their build goal

Not that i know much about weight lifting xP

No
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jun 2013, 12:31 pm

My laptop computer. It originally had windows vista basic then I downloaded a windows vista ultimate torrent from thepiratebay.org then installed and upgraded for free. After a month of use my computer would be making sounds really loudly and would not freeze but glitch. Now I have a new computer that I bought yesterday.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm

ChromaticRaven wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Not only does that sound annoying, but it also makes you wonder how long it's going to take for them to realize the true reason for why they never seem to achieve their build goal

Flere av dem på Elixia enn der jeg trener nå (SiS Sportsenter), i hvert fall. :p

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 2:45 pm

- The fact that only the first 100 posts are displayed after using a key word like "Annoying" or "Behavior" in the Search function at the top of this page.

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jun 2013, 2:51 pm

Kurgan wrote:
ChromaticRaven wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Flere av dem på Elixia enn der jeg trener nå (SiS Sportsenter), i hvert fall. :p

Lol :P Er det ikke vanskelig å holde maska? hehe tror jeg hadde hatt problemer med å holde meg alvorlig under slike situasjoner..
Jeg trives best på tredemøllen og lignende - der har jeg ikke behov for assistanse, men hadde jeg slengt meg under en vektstang tror jeg at jeg hadde endt opp som kjøpttpudding xD

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jun 2013, 2:58 pm

Fnord wrote:
- The fact that only the first 100 posts are displayed after using a key word like "Annoying" or "Behavior" in the Search function at the top of this page.

First you seem to be trying really hard to keep your "enigmatic threadkilling " title

Second, using search engines whenever i want to post something is not my thing - sounds really exhausting to be honest

Peace

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 3:16 pm

ChromaticRaven wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
ChromaticRaven wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Lol :P Er det ikke vanskelig å holde maska? hehe tror jeg hadde hatt problemer med å holde meg alvorlig under slike situasjoner..

Blir en slags comic relief i treninga. :) Aspergers og mimikkfattig ansiktsuttrykk er vel en fordel i slike tilfeller.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 3:49 pm

Flashmobs and street filming around me when I'm minding my own business walking towards work.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 3:57 pm

That feeling you get in your head and abdomen right before a migraine.

Pain? No problem. Give me the headache any day I say.

But that oddly ill and poorly defined feeling? Bah to it I say.

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 4:22 pm

-People who eat with their mouth open and/or really noisily
-People who say things like 'fill out this form' or 'off their own back'
-Teenagers who think they can ice skate and 'show off' when they are rubbish
-Cyclists in the middle of the road so cars can't get past
-Inconsiderate drivers
-People who invade personal space
-People who sit on machines at the gym for ages doing nothing whilst you're waiting to use them
-'Fake' or cliquey people
-Nagging people
-People who make decisions for you
-Changes of plan
-People who 'bounce' in swimming pools

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 5:24 pm

People that do not know you and call you buddy,pal,my friend and big guy-people that for dramatic effect start to whisper like its a secret or something.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 6:46 pm

Uprising wrote:
Flashmobs and street filming around me when I'm minding my own business walking towards work.

LOL! Sorry that was quite a humorous image. Sounds like a great story though! But annoying while it happens.