Page 4 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 4:47 pm

DVD players that only play some discs and not others, even if two different discs are from the same box set or series.

When the cat wakes you up by doing loud miaws outside your bedroom at 5 o'clock in the morning, and you don't know why.

When work calls you on your day off asking if you can come in.

When men you fancy are married.

When people on internet forums think they know you better than you do, when they live at the other side of the world and haven't ever seen you before.

When the person being served at the check-out takes so long and you're standing in a long queue waiting.

When you smile at someone and they just glare at you like you murdered somebody. Annoys me even more when the answers is always ''they might just be having a bad day''.

When people amplify their yawns, coughs, sneezes, farts, and all other bodily functions.

OddButWhy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 8:03 pm

Drivers who stop in the driving lane to talk to someone they know on the sidewalk, instead of pulling over to talk so everyone else can get by.

Police cars that cruise in the passing lane at EXACTLY the speed limit, so everyone else slows down so they're not the one to pass the cop. (Actually this is kind of fun to watch. You just know most are fighting down the urge to pass the slowpoke.)

Drivers who see a cop who has pulled a car over, the cop is standing next to the pulled-over car, and still they brake hard to go the speed limit past the standing cop. Do they think the officer is going to notice them going 5 miles above the speed limit, jump in his cruiser, and race after them?

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 9:32 am

Joe90 wrote:
When people amplify their yawns, coughs, sneezes, farts, and all other bodily functions.

I'm a bit confused about that - how can people amplify those things without using some sort of audio equipment, like a megaphone or P.A. system?

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 9:38 am

Things that annoy me:

Bullies

Control freaks

People who oppress and / or discriminate against others, for any reason.

People who purposely say and do mean, insulting things to others, just to make themselves feel better.

Jerks

People who insist on constantly interrupting me the minute they see I'm trying to watch or listen to anything.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 12:51 pm

People who treat animals badly, either their pets or farm animals.
Fur farming. It's a disgrace to mankind.

SPtread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2013, 1:29 pm

A car taking up 2 parking spaces.

People just leaving their shopping cart in a parking space.

People not recycling.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 2:33 pm

OddButWhy wrote:
Drivers who stop in the driving lane to talk to someone they know on the sidewalk, instead of pulling over to talk so everyone else can get by.

They do this in my neighborhood a lot.

When I see a cop who has pulled someone over, I just ease off the gas.

It bugs me to see people strolling down the middle of the street when there is a perfectly serviceable sidewalk available. It would be different if the sidewalk was crumbly or overgrown, but it's very well-maintained.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 2:37 pm

People who ask the same questions repeatedly, hoping each time for a different answer.

... wait ...

Isn't that a definition of insanity? Googling ...

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results each time." - Albert Einstein

Well, old Albert was a theoretical physicist, not a psychologist, but what he said (if he actually said it) seems to make sense.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 5:25 pm

In no particular order...

Mosquito's
My relatives
Taxi drivers
The fact that no one seems to sell Nokia smartphone accessories
Glory hunter football fans
The fact that the only thing our government is good at, is collecting taxes
When people tell me to "smile more"
When people think I look familiar, even though I've never met them

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 6:21 pm

Today: Slamming doors and the people who are responsible for the slamming.

EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2013, 7:32 pm

When groups of people (often teenagers) stand around in the most inoppurtune places, like the entrance to a store.

When groups of people (often with one or more baby carriges) can't 'single file' it for a few moments to let others pass them on the sidewalk, instead you have to walk into the street to be able to pass them.

When the cats do their death races and insist on taking a pass or two across my stomach when I am (were) sleeping.

People who play their car sterios loud enough to interrupt my movie-watching, even with their windows close, my windows are closed (I live on the second floor and have tripple-glazed windows), and I'm wearing headphones.

People who can't use the trashcan 10 meters away, intstead of throwing their garbage on the street.

Getting the hair caught in the car door without noticing it until the driver starts to pull away.

Not getting invited to the family for holidays.

League_Girl wrote:
People who think they are always right

I don't think I'm always right, I know it. Sometimes I am slightly less right (ie wrong) though... But don't tell anyone.

Joe90 wrote:
When men you fancy are married

Amen!
Even worse, when the man you are infatuated with is married but is infatuated with you too. Honor and decency can be difficult.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Jun 2013, 7:33 pm

Why people see me like I am a maniac/terrorist/whatever.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 4:51 am

Equestriatola's new avatar, because I cannot understand it.

Sylkat

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 7:02 am

People who don't know how to operate the machines at work but thinking messing with random things will fix whatever problem they have. They just mess things up even more.

Right now, the fact that I have to keep waiting to get my half sleeve done. I want it so bad but I know if you rush it, it will look like it.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 11:40 am

Fireworks going off when I am trying to sleep. Honestly, it's not even the Fourth of July and they decide to set off fireworks, especially when other people, especially children, are trying to sleep.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 12:10 pm

Ember Eyes post is 98% pertinent to me, but for the hair, the family, and the married men.

Sylkat