Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ixochiyo_yohuallan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 7:56 am

Just wondered whether there is anyone on here who is/was as obsessed with the "Vampire Chronicles" as me.

I used to have a really huge obsession with those for about three years up to very recently. Now it's not as noticeable, at least I don't mention my favorite characters in every third sentence I say. Maybe it's because I've begun to write myself, so I can obsess over my own characters instead. ;)

By the way, had this large debate some time ago with a friend who thinks Gabrielle de Lioncourt is mildly autistic (or aspie). It doesn't feel so at all to me.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 5:23 pm

I recently re-read a lot of the Vampire Chronicles books. What i find particularly fascinating about them is how the characters deal with relationships and how the author portrays love, this is especially apparent in "Blackwood Farm" i can't help but find myself envying the characters (even though they're Undead and seriously twisted) because of their views on love, that and Quinn is such a Dear. :wink:

As for Gabrielle De Lioncourt, yes, she appears cold and unfeeling and has little sympathy for others, but i believe this has more to do with her growing up and living in a patriarchal society for many years, where women were treated as objects or children, basically, she's a rebel.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 6:12 pm

I've read most of her stuff (erotica included) and, to be honest, I got tired of it. Everyone's always 'weeping for the beauty of it all' and man, that gets old quick.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 6:20 pm

My mother gave me a book about a bunch of vampires having sex... I think it was an Anna Rice novel.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 6:22 pm

ahayes wrote:
My mother gave me a book about a bunch of vampires having sex... I think it was an Anna Rice novel.

Probably. :lol: