Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 6:51 am

When I was a young baby I had sandy/ginger hair but when I was 2 my ginger hair changed to golden/blonde. When i was a 2-5 years old my hair would switch from golden blonde to hazel nut brown and when I was 5 years old my hair then stayed a hazel nut brown colour for the rest of my of my childhood. In my early teens my hair was brown and especially at ages 16-17 my hair was a very dark brown colour.

These days however aged 23 my hair seems to be going a golden/blonde colour like when i was a child, Even my family remark how much lighter my hair is these days.

Do you think maybe my family are mistaking my hair going blonde when in reality it is actually in the early stages of going grey? In the last year i have been going outside and cycling in the sunlight much more often so maybe that's why my hair is going fairer? Then again people with black hair in foreign countries don't go blonde and they spends loads of time in sunlight?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 7:25 am

If you have brown hair, the sun will lighten it if you stay out in it. Black hair is different and won't get light like that, but the browns and reds will. Blondes will get even blonder. I really doubt you're going grey unless early grey runs in your family. It's probably just from being out in the sun. If it bothers you that it's doing that, wear a hat when you go out, or you can buy some sunscreen leave in product for your hair.

When I saw the thread title, I thought you were dying your hair. ;-) My youngest daughter dyes hers a different color every few weeks, so I guess that's why I'm so used to hair dye being the reason it changes.

I'm going grey, I've been getting grey for a few years but I dye it every six weeks or so. It's about time to dye it again. I guess I'll do that this weekend.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 7:31 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
If you have brown hair, the sun will lighten it if you stay out in it. Black hair is different and won't get light like that, but the browns and reds will. Blondes will get even blonder. I really doubt you're going grey unless early grey runs in your family. It's probably just from being out in the sun. If it bothers you that it's doing that, wear a hat when you go out, or you can buy some sunscreen leave in product for your hair.

When I saw the thread title, I thought you were dying your hair. ;-) My youngest daughter dyes hers a different color every few weeks, so I guess that's why I'm so used to hair dye being the reason it changes.

I'm going grey, I've been getting grey for a few years but I dye it every six weeks or so. It's about time to dye it again. I guess I'll do that this weekend.

What colour hair do you have?

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 8:42 am

people who have ginger hair [am one of them :wink: ] have a ginger gene-people can appear other colours but still have one copy of the gene,get genetic testing and will soon see if are one of us or a plain old brown/blonde etc.

it might be strawberry blonde?,sister says this is what her hair colour was until dyeing it as a teen, but she woud have had the ginger gene,well one copy anyway,am sure had heard those of us who actualy appear ginger have two copies of the gene.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 9:35 am

Jamesy wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

What colour hair do you have?

Dark brown. So does my husband, but we have two blonde kids and two dark brown headed kids. Although my youngest daughter who has dark brown hair hasn't had her natural color for about two years now. It's usually some bright color like blue or green or red or purple. Sometimes it's black like it is now. It's been blonde, it's been yellow. One memorable time it was rainbow colors (that took us all night to do because she asked for my help for that)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com