Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 8:44 pm

Anyone had times when they had obsessions with a person? I don't necessarily mean a crush since it doesn't have to be romantic, but I had times when I had obsessions with certain people. I might think about them all day or I might closely observe their every move without actually stalking them.

Maladroit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 May 2011, 8:47 pm

Truman Capote. (mid)
Liberace. (high)
Vincent Price. (mid)
Fred Armisen. (high)
Bill Hader. (mid)
Stephen Colbert. (low)

All of them, still going, but at different intensities.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 8:50 pm

I'm going to be Captain Obvious with my reply. I'm obsessed with Mick Avory. My mum pointed out that I grew up to be like him on many levels. I've made peace with that, 11 years after that was pointed out to me. Yes, I grew up to be like me too, before anybody attacks me. The me that I grew up to be like is identical to Mick Avory in Mind, Body and Spirit. I made peace with that, so now I'm obsessed. :cool:

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 9:14 pm

Yes, one person specifically for most of my life, though for some reason I feel awkward sharing it with most people. It's like... it would cheapen it, or something. I don't know. :lol: But he's long gone, and there's not even a grave for me to stalk.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 9:23 pm

This is going to sound odd as a guy, But Cesar Millan... Just how he does what he does.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 9:24 pm

My obsessions with people fluctuate. It's usually with people who are deceased. I spend a couple months obsessively researching their biographies, and afterward my interest in them starts to wane. It's just a cycle for me.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 9:42 pm

Yup, most often they develop into crushes as part of the obsession, both famous and normal people too - I seem to imprint myself on people very easily, I don't go to the extent of stalking or annoyingly hanging around them, but there is certainly an obsession there.

I think it comes from loneliness in a way, you see other people who you think you would get along with well or who you admire, you can't have a normal friendship with them so you become obsessed with them or an idea you have about them - where as a 'normal' person may talk to them and either take or leave their friendship.

Wow, I sound slightly single white female 8O

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 10:32 pm

My first "people obsession" was in junior high with my former best friend. It was romantically one-sided in nature and it did not end well.

My next people obsession didn't happen until 2010. That was when I obsessed over Johnny Depp. But that obsession had less to do with Johnny as a person and more to do with specific characters he played. I don't think it was romantic in nature.

My current people obsession is with Helena Bonham Carter. Unlike my Johnny Depp obsession, it's more about who she is as a person rather than the characters she plays - although I do enjoy watching her films very much and I have my favorites. Also unlike my obsession with Johnny, my obsession with Helena is very much romantic and sexual in nature. Tim Burton is a lucky, lucky man.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 10:33 pm

I was obsessed with Wayne Gretzky when I was 9.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 4:17 am

Only once in which you could call it an obsession, years ago now though.

jc6chan wrote:
I might think about them all day or I might closely observe their every move without actually stalking them.

That was pretty much it in my instance, and this lasted about half a year. I'm curious to what lengths of time others were engaged in this.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 6:29 am

It happened to me twice at school, I wasn't a stalker but I thought about them all the time and talked about one of them quite a lot. I hate my old people obsessions, they're one of my more weird moments.

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2011, 8:50 am

Yes, I'm obsessed with one person, I'm not in love, i don't need love contact with him,simple obsession, and i didn't realize that he don't like contact with me, since he didn't say that i stalking him and he will send my nice messages and my ip to police. Only short story for this and i think you will understand: We met in chat room, 2 months we chated for everything, but my mistake, i had feeling that i must share good song or good sites when he wasn't online and i send, he started ignore me and i didn't understand him, i send him invitation for facebook, he ignored, one day when he was online he said that he has my ip and will give all my messages to police and they will know what to make with me. I was hurted and didn't write him not because scary, because i feel bad. After few months when i sow him online i send him hi and he accepted, he was nice in chat, i told him that i travel with my family in his country and we can meet, he didn't like it. When i traveled, i hadn't internet, when i beck at home, i wrote hi him but he ignored, and now he always ignores me, he can simple block me, but he don't block me, ignores me, what confuse me. I don't think for him, he is in my mind, i think neurotipical person will confuse my obsession with fal in love, but i think you understand me. I don't ask for help, just want share.Sorry for my English.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 9:57 am

For me it seems to Blackfool FC's football manager, Ian Holloway. Not a serious obsession but the guy is a legend

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 12:34 pm

MONKEY wrote:
It happened to me twice at school, I wasn't a stalker but I thought about them all the time and talked about one of them quite a lot. I hate my old people obsessions, they're one of my more weird moments.

You were obsessed with old people?? :P

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 12:35 pm

rabbitears wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

You were obsessed with old people?? :P

Shut up. :lol:

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 12:49 pm

[Zips up mouth]

[Quickly unzips mouth]

Anyway, when I was about 11 years old I tried to be friends with a Sixth Form student in school, and I kept bugging him and bugging him non-stop for a few months, not in a gay sort of way, I just wanted to be best friends and I didn't understand that he just wanted to hang around with people his own age and he thought I was just some annoying little twerp.

My brother often said that I was obsessed with him and told me I had to stop stalking him. In hindsight, he was right....

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.