BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 6:48 pm

I've resorted to drinking juice now.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

11 Aug 2013, 11:50 pm

I should drink less of it, I dunno why. I like lemonade more, personally.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 12:07 am

fruit juice is not the best thing for one, it acidifies the blood ph.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 11:08 am

auntblabby wrote:
fruit juice is not the best thing for one, it acidifies the blood ph.

There are still all-natural drinks like Odwalla or Naked! that you can buy.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 11:48 am

i dont drink any fizzy drink because it makes me gassy.

my husband love drinking fizzy drink because it makes him gassy. :)

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 4:55 pm

I have been cutting back on soda lately due to the acidity. It isn't good for me anyway. I'm trying to do less sugar full stop. Diet soda has other things in it that alarm me. I think saccharine was always less harmful than "nutra sweet" is. I'm not sure about stevia but I've heard it has chemicals in the processing too.

Try some apple juice, it's alkaline.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 4:59 pm

Caz72 wrote:
i dont drink any fizzy drink because it makes me gassy. my husband love drinking fizzy drink because it makes him gassy. :)

:lmao:

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:01 pm

I smiled at that one too...and I hadn't read the replies before posting about acidity and alkaline drinks. GMTA, aunt blabby. :)

I need to find healthier things to drink actually. I love ice in a cup and so I love things to drink but, I don't like alcohol at all, and I love things with flavor. Real juices are expensive. I was doing unsweetened iced tea for a while.

Any recommendations?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:07 pm

Popsicle wrote:
I smiled at that one too...and I hadn't read the replies before posting about acidity and alkaline drinks. GMTA, aunt blabby. :) I need to find healthier things to drink actually. I love ice in a cup and so I love things to drink but, I don't like alcohol at all, and I love things with flavor. Real juices are expensive. I was doing unsweetened iced tea for a while. Any recommendations?

can you tell me what GMTA means? anyways, I would suggest splenda or stevia/truvia-sweetened pure ice water with a slice of lemon or lime or both? how does that sound?

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:15 pm

GMTA is an acronym for "great minds think alike" - something people say, usually on the internet, when two people say the same thing and (the second) one hadn't meant to be a copycat.

I haven't tried stevia and I've heard it's extremely sweet (which I tend not to like, ironically enough) and uses chemicals to be processed (I'm chemically sensitive, so ideally I should do all organic stuff but it's too difficult and expensive for me currently) but...

You've reminded me about water plus citrus being an excellent blood cleanser as well as tasty. I might try that just on its own...either water and ice plus lemon or orange, or, hot water plus lemon...yum!

Thanks!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:22 pm

Popsicle wrote:
GMTA is an acronym for "great minds think alike" - something people say, usually on the internet, when two people say the same thing and (the second) one hadn't meant to be a copycat.

I will have to remember that little gem. thanx :)

Popsicle wrote:
I haven't tried stevia and I've heard it's extremely sweet (which I tend not to like, ironically enough) and uses chemicals to be processed (I'm chemically sensitive, so ideally I should do all organic stuff but it's too difficult and expensive for me currently) but... You've reminded me about water plus citrus being an excellent blood cleanser as well as tasty. I might try that just on its own...either water and ice plus lemon or orange, or, hot water plus lemon...yum!

the stevia I have tried [various versions] is no sweeter than splenda. used in the same concentrations as splenda typically is used, I also did not notice any bitterness. but it does have a slightly saccharin flavor which is easily masked by citrus juice.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:24 pm

You're welcome. :)

Thanks for the tips about the sweeteners and thanks again for the recommendation of citrus plus water.

I have not tried splenda either actually. I prefer tea black, I don't drink coffee at all, though. I think I used to drink a lot of water or apple juice, and sometimes cran grape. But now, GMOs are used in the making of cran grape. :( (The beet sugar, I think.)