Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 3:09 pm

Here is a test: :arrow: Morals - Social Responsibility Questionnaire Image

My results were:

You scored 35 out of a total of 44.

Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range. Thinking here transcends the practicalities of one's preferences and exchanges to an emphasis upon social feeling, caring and conduct.

You take into account the consequences of actions for other people, whether for benefit or harm, as a consideration in its own right for deciding how one should act towards others. You emphasise relationships, thinking how you might feel if you were on the receiving end. Empathy is important, as well as compassion.

You are likely to expect others to conform to normally expected conduct, reflecting on "common decency" and will think of the chaos caused by laws being broken. You will value, love and respect others, and appreciate some higher values, as well as speaking of the benefits of a clean conscience or pride.

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

RandyG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2013, 3:28 pm

41/44, which may surprise some.

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 3:30 pm

sweet i got 26 out of 44 whatever that means.

Your score suggests that you treat social ethics and behaviour as a matter of pragmatic deals or exchanges. One helps a friend who has done you favours because he or she may return the favour.

You are likely to appeal for "tit-for-tat" exchanges or deals with others; even legal justice may be seen in this way. You will generally emphasise an approach to others based upon strict equalities (or inequalities), appealing to unfettered or unlimited freedoms as concrete rights, for example not helping others because "you shouldn't stick your nose in someone else's business."

Your reasoning is likely to depend upon your own preferences or needs at a particular time. You may also decide upon issues in terms of the advantages or disadvantages to be gained from action.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm

Results

You scored 32 out of a total of 44.

My Results

Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range. Thinking here transcends the practicalities of one's preferences and exchanges to an emphasis upon social feeling, caring and conduct.

You take into account the consequences of actions for other people, whether for benefit or harm, as a consideration in its own right for deciding how one should act towards others. You emphasise relationships, thinking how you might feel if you were on the receiving end. Empathy is important, as well as compassion.

You are likely to expect others to conform to normally expected conduct, reflecting on "common decency" and will think of the chaos caused by laws being broken. You will value, love and respect others, and appreciate some higher values, as well as speaking of the benefits of a clean conscience or pride.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 3:50 pm

I scored 36 out of 44

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 3:51 pm

Hm, I was surprised I scored quite this high.

You scored 40.5 out of a total of 44.

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 4:39 pm

You scored 29 out of a total of 44.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 4:47 pm

According to that test, my score was 66%, or 29 out of 44.

However, I believe everyone should treat people as they want to be treated. That doesn't always mean we will, but we should always strive toward that ultimate goal of placing others before ourselves. The only exception I can think of would be if such a sacrifice was started or accepted through manipulation.

My favorite translation of Matthew 7:12 (a.k.a. the "Golden Rule") is from the Message Bible, which reads as follows...

Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them. Add up God’s Law and Prophets and this is what you get.

Sharkbait
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2013, 6:47 pm

The study's conclusion wrote:
Some people progress to a level where they base their moral reasoning on universal values.

I'm curious how the survey creators came to know this "universal morality." To me this sentence implies some morality bias on the part of the authors.

Also, two of the questions didn't provide the correct motivation for the selected answer, which is also curious since how could I possibly fall into these 'universal values' if the universe didn't take into account my motivations.

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 7:02 pm

Mine was 38 out of 44.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Oct 2013, 11:07 pm

You scored 36.5 out of a total of 44.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 2:43 am

Quote:
You scored 26.5 out of a total of 44.

Your score suggests that you treat social ethics and behaviour as a matter of pragmatic deals or exchanges. One helps a friend who has done you favours because he or she may return the favour.

You are likely to appeal for "tit-for-tat" exchanges or deals with others; even legal justice may be seen in this way. You will generally emphasise an approach to others based upon strict equalities (or inequalities), appealing to unfettered or unlimited freedoms as concrete rights, for example not helping others because "you shouldn't stick your nose in someone else's business."

Your reasoning is likely to depend upon your own preferences or needs at a particular time. You may also decide upon issues in terms of the advantages or disadvantages to be gained from action.

A lot of the questions didn't have applicable options. I also didn't know if I should be answering it from my own perspective, whether it would be important to me if I was in that situation, or what I believe would be "best" for society in general if everyone thought that way. I used the former. I don't think I really possess morality, so the score is surprising.

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 10:44 am

well you all are a bunch of old people, of course you would score higher.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 11:51 am

32/44

AutisticArmyVet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Oct 2013, 12:00 pm

I scored a 42.5 out of 44.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 7:27 pm

You scored 41.5 out of a total of 44.

====================

I've been reasoning like that since age 10. Not sure what that says about most people...

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I